How Okami will beat Franklin

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » How Okami will beat Franklin
Tjimindie
6/16/07 2:28:20AM
1.Okami is deceptively strong. His strength in the clinch is reminiscent of that of Anderson Silva. Kaleb Starnes and Mike Swick both talked about their surprise in regards to his strength during their post fight interviews.

2.Okami is a fantastic counter striker. While patient, Franklin does capitalizes on his angles and aggression when standing. Okami has done well against this style. This is definitely a test as he hasn’t faced a striker like Rich in a while. Their styles match up well.

3.Rich IS underestimating Okami. In his interview with Jordan Breen last week he said that even though he knows he is stronger than Okami, but he is training as if he is not. Training as if he’s not? Before the Silva fight he said that Silva would not be able to deal with his strength either. He also said that he hadn’t earned a title shot. Hmmmm…. Smells like the same cookin’.

Last time Rich underestimated a fighter, he ended up having surgery.

Okami will neutralize Franklin's style and grind out a decision
MisFiT
6/16/07 2:30:58AM
lol Okami goes to a Decision he will get raped. Thats just how it is, Franklin is the favorite and a poster boy for the UFC, he will get the win if it goes to a Decision, thats just how it is, Okami needs a solid win that stands out and ends it before the fights over. Thats the only way he's gonna win it.
Northrend
6/16/07 2:52:03AM
I think Franklin will be doing allright first 2-3mins but then Okami will get into his game..get the takedowns and do some nice GnP for rest of round and the next 2 rounds. Winning via UD.

War Okami!
mkiv9secsupra
6/16/07 3:50:22AM

Posted by Tjimindie
Before the Silva fight he said that Silva would not be able to deal with his strength either. He also said that he hadn’t earned a title shot.

Silva never had to worry about franklins strength....and i agree....silva didnt earn the title shot.

Rich is going to keep it on the feet the whole fight and get a 2nd round KO...
SteedTheDeed
6/16/07 4:34:18AM
yushins' striking will not keep up with Richs'
Mastodon2
6/16/07 5:48:06AM

Posted by SteedTheDeed

yushins' striking will not keep up with Richs'

I dont think he is gonna be silly enough to stand there with Rich either, he will clinch, which we all know Rich isn't fabulous at, hit him a bit, take him down and pound him. Rich better bring his A game!
hippysmacker
6/16/07 5:57:50AM

Posted by Tjimindie

1.Okami is deceptively strong. His strength in the clinch is reminiscent of that of Anderson Silva. Kaleb Starnes and Mike Swick both talked about their surprise in regards to his strength during their post fight interviews.

2.Okami is a fantastic counter striker. While patient, Franklin does capitalizes on his angles and aggression when standing. Okami has done well against this style. This is definitely a test as he hasn’t faced a striker like Rich in a while. Their styles match up well.

3.Rich IS underestimating Okami. In his interview with Jordan Breen last week he said that even though he knows he is stronger than Okami, but he is training as if he is not. Training as if he’s not? Before the Silva fight he said that Silva would not be able to deal with his strength either. He also said that he hadn’t earned a title shot. Hmmmm…. Smells like the same cookin’.

While I agree it's a close fight and that Okami is strong, I think Rich takes this one. Also, I'm willing to bet on it. I just sent you a wager for my last $ 365 on this fight. Last, I never heard Rich say Silva didn't deserve a title shot. In fact the reverse, and I just watched the DVD where Anderson demolished him today. He has since admitted to underestimating Silva's strength in the clinch. I feell he's not going to underestimate Okami now. Lesson learned in my book. Anyway, if you beleive in Okami like you say, you now have your shot to take my cash. thanks
Fanboy 1988
6/16/07 6:54:38AM
I put all my money on Okami
Tjimindie
6/16/07 10:40:33AM

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by Tjimindie

While I agree it's a close fight and that Okami is strong, I think Rich takes this one. Also, I'm willing to bet on it. I just sent you a wager for my last $ 365 on this fight. Last, I never heard Rich say Silva didn't deserve a title shot. In fact the reverse, and I just watched the DVD where Anderson demolished him today. He has since admitted to underestimating Silva's strength in the clinch. I feell he's not going to underestimate Okami now. Lesson learned in my book. Anyway, if you beleive in Okami like you say, you now have your shot to take my cash. thanks

You're on baby!
Stickan
6/16/07 11:17:19AM

Posted by MisFiT

lol Okami goes to a Decision he will get raped. Thats just how it is, Franklin is the favorite and a poster boy for the UFC, he will get the win if it goes to a Decision, thats just how it is, Okami needs a solid win that stands out and ends it before the fights over. Thats the only way he's gonna win it.

I was just about to call you incredibly stupid since UFC don't assign judges, the commissions do but I just remembered that UFC 72 is in Ireland.
Who assigns the judges in Ireland?
DangerousDjohn
6/16/07 11:37:23AM
Rich did say Anderson didn't earn a title shot. I don't think he did, but he really took it to Rich "crooked nose" Franklin. I like Rich, but picked Okami to win. I saw how he took Anderson too lightly and think we will see some what of a replay.
Trapt1nw0nder
6/16/07 1:13:57PM
If this was for the championship belt,and a 5 round fight then i would for sure go with Franklin,but its only 3 rounds and Okami really does have a great shot,but i was willing to gamble a little so i accepted a wager for my $800 for franklin to beat Okami for His $1000 for Okami to win...

pretty good odds IMO,plus it will just make the fight much more exciting to watch.......If Okami couldnt finish Swick,then there is no way he will finish Franklin...i predict a war!..close decision for Franklin
vcr88
6/16/07 1:32:09PM
I think Okami is an excellent fighter and that he will take this one by decision because of the fact that he has shown that he can adapt to others fighters fighting syles well to make up for his lack of power. So although he may not be as strong as Rich he will still tear him apart. Okami has this one i think as long as he can take it all 3 rounds.
loller90278
6/16/07 1:51:42PM
what makes people think just because franklin underestimated silva that he would underestimate okami? wouldn't it be the exact opposite?

i'm not making any comments about this fight cuz its really a coin toss for me, but i put okami to win it cuz i got love for foreigners
Kastro
6/16/07 5:15:21PM

Posted by Tjimindie

I strongly disagree with you.

Okami almost didn't make it out of the Swick fight, there were 2 or 3 times Swick rocked him badly with punches and almost finished him.. Franklin is a heavier striker then swick, I dont see Okami being able to take too many of Franklin's punches..

Rich Franklin 2nd round KO/TKO
MisFiT
6/16/07 5:17:26PM

Posted by Stickan

Posted by MisFiT

I was just about to call you incredibly stupid since UFC don't assign judges, the commissions do but I just remembered that UFC 72 is in Ireland.

Oh believe me the UFC has alot to do with the Judges. Especially in Vegas. It's usually the same each time if you have payed attention to it.
zephead
6/16/07 9:17:56PM

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by Tjimindie

That was a easy $365. Good bet.
Tjimindie
6/17/07 1:22:08AM

Posted by MisFiT

Posted by Stickan

Posted by MisFiT

Oh believe me the UFC has alot to do with the Judges. Especially in Vegas. It's usually the same each time if you have payed attention to it.

Come on man... At least admit you were sweating a bit when Okami had the gullotine, mount, and Kimura. That was the only pick I missed on the whole card. I knew it would be close... or at least neither fighter would finish.
hippysmacker
6/17/07 2:49:40AM

Posted by zephead

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by Tjimindie

That was a easy $365. Good bet.

Thanks Zep, and thanks to you too Tjimindie. Not everyone has the courage of the convictions to back up their opinions. As for me, I was screaming my head off in the 3rd.