UFC Officially Announces 3 BIG Fights for UFC 84

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC Officially Announces 3 BIG Fights for UFC 84
CornishMMA
2/28/08 8:21:32AM

CornishMMA
2/28/08 8:23:09AM
Thats gonna be a quality event!

Dont even need 3 main event fights when the title fight is that juicy!
emfleek
2/28/08 9:04:47AM

Posted by CornishMMA

when the title fight is that juicy!

No pun intended?
CornishMMA
2/28/08 9:28:17AM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by CornishMMA

No pun intended?

whoops no not at all
woodmo
2/28/08 9:37:15AM
Maybe I'm wrong, but I see this as 3 pretty easy picks in BJ whipping up on Sherk, Machida breaking bad on "HGH Head" Ortiz, and Wandy closing the door on the "underappreciated Jardine" argument. Great card and great fights, I just don't see a lot of mystery in the outcomes.
chuteboxe75
2/28/08 10:20:32AM
I'd love to see Silva come out and put an old school Pride beating on Jardine circa '03-'04. Anyone want to see him knock someone out like he did Sakuraba or any of the other cans that Pride lined up for him.
mrliquid
2/28/08 10:58:07AM
I see Silva winning hands down he will rush Jardine he isnt a counter striker like Liddell he will take the fight to him.But im very nervous about my picks on the other 2 I want to say Machida but Tito has suprised us before he once was the guy to beat and I think Bj Penn is awsome one of the best fighters I have ever seen but Sherk is one of my favorites powerful great wresler good striker great shape for his fights so those 2 i'll probably debate on till the last minute.
gsquat
2/28/08 11:22:00AM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by CornishMMA

No pun intended?

Awesome, you're gettin props for that.
emfleek
2/28/08 11:30:12AM
Ha...thanks.
loonytnt
2/28/08 12:36:58PM
this is going to be a great card, you got it all takedowns, stand up, BJJ, title on the line its going to be a great show
Pookie
2/28/08 1:21:46PM
BJ, Machida, Wanderlei
loller90278
2/28/08 1:25:01PM

Posted by chuteboxe75

I'd love to see Silva come out and put an old school Pride beating on Jardine circa '03-'04. Anyone want to see him knock someone out like he did Sakuraba or any of the other cans that Pride lined up for him.

if i just read your post correctly, and what i understand from it : you're actually calling Sakuraba a can?

oh DEAR!
chuteboxe75
2/28/08 1:41:25PM

Posted by loller90278

Posted by chuteboxe75

if i just read your post correctly, and what i understand from it : you're actually calling Sakuraba a can?

oh DEAR!

Let me clarify, I would never call Sak. a can. I was referring to the others that they lined up for Wandy (ie - Kanehara, Todd Medina, and Shungo Oyama) Sak is in no way a can, if anything he is the anti-can. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
whardin19
2/28/08 5:31:21PM
This is going to be on sick event!!! I can't wait for this one! WAR Lyoto, Jardine, and Sherk.
bls1919
2/28/08 6:59:15PM
Cant wait to see Bj put the hurt on the "the muscle Shot"
the other two will also be good fights with machida and wandy winning convincingly
Franklinfan47
2/28/08 8:04:00PM
Event looks to be pretty good, I'm looking forward to it. I think Penn, Machida, and Jardine are takin this one.
TNunley
2/29/08 1:46:08PM
I can't believe they actually named the event "ill will"
CornishMMA
2/29/08 2:16:10PM

Posted by TNunley

I can't believe they actually named the event "ill will"

I know! Im going to be making great typos like "lil willy"
jocksmall
3/1/08 6:31:26PM

Posted by woodmo

Maybe I'm wrong, but I see this as 3 pretty easy picks in BJ whipping up on Sherk, Machida breaking bad on "HGH Head" Ortiz, and Wandy closing the door on the "underappreciated Jardine" argument. Great card and great fights, I just don't see a lot of mystery in the outcomes.

i agree with the outcomes you predicted and agree that it should be a great card. jardine must not be danas favorite he has one tough fight after another. if he wins they are going to have to consider him for a title shot