Official XXX Summer Olympic Thread

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Official XXX Summer Olympic Thread
« Previous Page | Next Page »
grappler0000
8/4/12 11:35:21AM
KungFuMaster
8/4/12 10:08:06PM
NBC sucks.

Their coverage of the Summer Olympics is horribly biased and limited. Maybe it's time to upgrade to premium cable.
prophecy033
8/5/12 11:21:48AM
Just watched Andy Murray smoke what was formerly known as Roger Federer
KungFuMaster
8/5/12 10:32:47PM
Andy Murray is a great tennis player and he can beat Federer on any given day. Some may say Federer has a lot of selflessness in him and he may have given in to the patriotism of Great Britain and perhaps embraced the spirits of the Olympics on another level.
grappler0000
8/6/12 4:05:53AM
KungFuMaster
8/6/12 1:12:30PM
I like to think most Americans have good sportsmanship but the truth is - sportsmanship is not a national thing, it's an individual thing. Last night, McKaykla Marone lost the individual event on the vault competition. She reminded me of Jon Jones.

grappler0000
8/6/12 2:39:58PM
180° Hi-Res photo of the Men's 100-Meter Sprint finish

Go fullscreen, move around, zoom in to see the runners' faces.
Aether
8/6/12 3:11:24PM

Posted by KungFuMaster

I like to think most Americans have good sportsmanship but the truth is - sportsmanship is not a national thing, it's an individual thing. Last night, McKaykla Marone lost the individual event on the vault competition. She reminded me of Jon Jones.

Right, it couldn't be that she's a 16 year old girl who fell on her ass in front of a global audience in the middle of the biggest moment of her life, losing herself a gold medal, and maybe she's feeling some kind of disappointment or sadness, that she let herself down, her teammates, her country, possibly even trying her best not to start crying on international television, she just has no sportsmanship. What a little snotty bitch, right? Grow up, little girl!

You really have the most insane, rigid ideas about how people "should" act. Maybe you should send her a copy of the KFM etiquette manual so that she doesn't let you down next time she happens to be in the middle of the most important and probably most devastating moment of her life.
grappler0000
8/6/12 9:18:55PM
Swimmer vs Gymnast

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Poor_Franklin
8/7/12 12:49:32AM

Posted by grappler0000

Swimmer vs Gymnast

reminds me of the struve/mighty mouse photos
Bubbles
8/7/12 12:53:01AM
Canada's womens soccer team got royally fucked today. We had the better team today, probably would have won and went on to fight for gold before the ref decided to blow a call 50 yards away from where she was standing. Absolute bullshit way to ruin a great game
grappler0000
8/7/12 1:17:57AM
Poor_Franklin
8/7/12 1:45:19AM

Posted by Bubbles

Canada's womens soccer team got royally fucked today. We had the better team today, probably would have won and went on to fight for gold before the ref decided to blow a call 50 yards away from where she was standing. Absolute bullshit way to ruin a great game

i hate i missed it. i heard it was a classic!
KungFuMaster
8/7/12 3:52:43AM

Posted by Aether

Right, it couldn't be that she's a 16 year old girl who fell on her ass in front of a global audience in the middle of the biggest moment of her life, losing herself a gold medal, and maybe she's feeling some kind of disappointment or sadness, that she let herself down, her teammates, her country, possibly even trying her best not to start crying on international television, she just has no sportsmanship. What a little snotty bitch, right? Grow up, little girl!

You really have the most insane, rigid ideas about how people "should" act. Maybe you should send her a copy of the KFM etiquette manual so that she doesn't let you down next time she happens to be in the middle of the most important and probably most devastating moment of her life.

I have my own standards as you have yours. I get the feeling you think I want to impose my standards on others. Sorry to burst your bubbles but that is not the case here. It is simply an opinionated stance I have taken and I'm sorry it has devastated you.

I am quite patriotic and I will criticize my own countrymen if they do not represent my country they way I feel they should. That's probably too radical for you to digest. Let's take it a notch or two down. I would ask you to assume McKayla Marone is your sister or daughter and see if your opinion would change a little - but that is probably too much to ask of you.

If McKayla Marone was my daughter, I would congratulate her on a job well done and tell her she has nothing to be disappointed about... I would proceed to tell her that I know it hurts to lose but she should be grateful for placing second on the biggest stage of competition. I would continue my lecture and teach her how to handle losses. I will advise her on what to do when she loses or wins- to congratulate the victor, and to congratulate the runner ups etc.

If I had to take a wild guess, I say you have never played sports in school before. I have played sports throughout grade school and there is one thing we are always required to do and that is give appreciation to the opposing team. My guess is McKayla has participated in a lot more competitions than I have and this specific "sportsmanship conduct" should be engrained in her bones. You defend her age and her innocence but I'm here to tell you - she has been taught the etiquette of competition all her life and when she lost the other day, her sportsmanship conduct fell short and if I was her father, I would have been disappointed in how she handled herself - and I would coach her better for future meets.

Just as I am about to conclude this post, I cannot help but think you do not have a strong sense of family. By your own admission, you are not negatively affected by McKala's conduct >>>which goes to show, if she was your sister or daughter, it wouldn't bother you one bit. That's quite sad and I hope you learn to love your family more.

KungFuMaster
8/7/12 4:09:51AM
China's reigning world champion placed second in the still rings event but gave props to the victor even-though he and the audience felt he did better. That is good sportsmanship.

Aether
8/7/12 7:21:26AM

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by Aether

I have my own standards as you have yours. I get the feeling you think I want to impose my standards on others. Sorry to burst your bubbles but that is not the case here. It is simply an opinionated stance I have taken and I'm sorry it has devastated you.

I am quite patriotic and I will criticize my own countrymen if they do not represent my country they way I feel they should. That's probably too radical for you to digest. Let's take it a notch or two down. I would ask you to assume McKayla Marone is your sister or daughter and see if your opinion would change a little - but that is probably too much to ask of you.

If McKayla Marone was my daughter, I would congratulate her on a job well done and tell her she has nothing to be disappointed about... I would proceed to tell her that I know it hurts to lose but she should be grateful for placing second on the biggest stage of competition. I would continue my lecture and teach her how to handle losses. I will advise her on what to do when she loses or wins- to congratulate the victor, and to congratulate the runner ups etc.

If I had to take a wild guess, I say you have never played sports in school before. I have played sports throughout grade school and there is one thing we are always required to do and that is give appreciation to the opposing team. My guess is McKayla has participated in a lot more competitions than I have and this specific "sportsmanship conduct" should be engrained in her bones. You defend her age and her innocence but I'm here to tell you - she has been taught the etiquette of competition all her life and when she lost the other day, her sportsmanship conduct fell short and if I was her father, I would have been disappointed in how she handled herself - and I would coach her better for future meets.

Just as I am about to conclude this post, I cannot help but think you do not have a strong sense of family. By your own admission, you are not negatively affected by McKala's conduct >>>which goes to show, if she was your sister or daughter, it wouldn't bother you one bit. That's quite sad and I hope you learn to love your family more.

I mean, you pretty much summed up my point for me. If she were your daughter you would take her to the side and lecture and criticize her. For what? Because she made a face you didn't like? She didn't do anything remotely disrespectful. You would take your daughter fresh off of the most devastating moment of her life, something she has no doubt invested thousands of hours into, and you would lecture her because of her facial expression in a picture. That says it all.

That is a really wild guess, and it's completely wrong. I've played many sports, mainly soccer, but more importantly, I've competed to be the best in the world at something, and lost in the last 7 seconds to come second place. I guarantee you have absolutely no clue what it's like to be the best in the world at anything, or what it's like to invest years of your life into it and then come so close and have it slip out of your grasp in, quite literally, the last seconds. It's devastating, and she'll live with the memory of that fall in the back of her mind for the rest of her life. She'll think about it when she goes to sleep, when she wakes up, it will pop into her head during the day, for her whole life. After a few years she might not think about it every single day, maybe just every other day.

So what, you played a game of basketball in highschool, and you think you know something about how she feels up there? Get real. You don't have a clue. I don't even understand, but I can amplify the disappointment I felt in letting a world championship slip through my fingers in something considerably less important and publicized than the olympic games, multiply that feeling by about a thousand, realize that she's a 16 year old girl, and get some kind of inkling of how absolutely devastated she must be, and the amount of composure and maturity it must have taken for her just to not burst into tears, and how deeply that fall will affect her for the rest of her life, because it's blatantly obvious you've never come close to a situation like this.

She's a 16 year old girl who just had her dreams shattered, and she didn't even do anything rude, she just has a sad look on her face. "You should be grateful for placing second" Heard it many times, it's exactly what someone who has never competed at anything says to a competitor to try to comfort them. A real competitor says something like "Damn, that must have hurt". A real competitor at the pinnacle of their field doesn't play for second place. You win or you lose, that's it, and coming second hurts far more than getting blown out at that level, because it's so close that you can taste it, you replay every second in your mind and think of all of the tiny little things that you could've done differently to turn silver into gold.

You trying to lecture her for looking sad is laughable. Spend a decade of your life with every waking moment dedicated towards one goal, come seconds away from achieving it, have it snatched out from under your nose, listen to some fool who couldn't possibly comprehend how that feels tell you you should be GRATEFUL for getting second place, proceed to lecture you on sportsmanship, and then come back and criticize this little girl for not having a giant smile on her face.

You fool.
Bubbles
8/7/12 10:14:00AM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by Bubbles

i hate i missed it. i heard it was a classic!

I had to work so I missed it too, though I saw most of the 2nd half and OT on replay later at night

Christine St Clair scored a hattrick for Canada, giving us leads of 1-0, 2-1, and 3-2 with the US tying the game shortly after each deficit. The ref calls some bullshit "6 second rule" on Canada's goalie...something that is virtually NEVER called (like the 5 second inbound rule in basketball) and from what I understand a warning should be issued first before an indirect free kick inside the box is given. Then the free kick went off a Canadian player's arm, who was part of the wall, which then hit a nearby Canadian's hand and a penalty kick was given which allowed the US to tie it at 3. Earlier in the game there was an unintentional handball off an American inside the box that wasnt called. With like 1 minute left in injury time after overtime, US scored a nice header off a cross to win it.

It was a great game but I hate when referees influence the outcome of a game/fight with bullshit calls
Bubbles
8/7/12 10:18:50AM
Aether wins via first round head kick KO
FlashyG
8/7/12 11:47:09AM
It was a bad call in the womens soccer game that allowed the US to tie the game, but the American ladies seemed to take over the game after Canada's 3rd goal.

Canada could have won had they tried to play some offence but for the 2nd half and through extra time they seemed to be just defending, clearing and then waiting to defend again.

I mostly just feel terrible for Sinclair, she had one of the best individual efforts of the tournament, hopefully they at least win a Bronze.
prophecy033
8/7/12 12:11:41PM
The best part is 5 of those goals were scored by former University of Portland Pilots players. How's that for holding down the 503
airkerma
8/7/12 1:42:32PM

Posted by Bubbles

Ooops, Josh Rosenthal is the ref, it's going to the second round!!!
KungFuMaster
8/7/12 5:09:38PM

Posted by airkerma

Posted by Bubbles

Ooops, Josh Rosenthal is the ref, it's going to the second round!!!

cowcatcher
8/7/12 9:11:41PM
Posts have been deleted. I think that the discussion between Aether and KFM is over at this point, so let's let it die.
KungFuMaster
8/7/12 9:59:19PM
Really??

I still see his post. Whatever I do, I'm still the bad guy.
KungFuMaster
8/7/12 10:21:30PM
I just finished sending Cowcatcher a private message - telling him how I feel he is singling me out. Right after I clicked send, I realized how foolish and pointless it is to gripe about the things being said on here. In the big scheme of things, our arguments mean nothing especially if we're just arguing for the sake of arguing.

Cowcatcher, I now give you full control of my posts. Whenever I say anything which may spark an argument, just delete it. It will save me a lot of headaches. Please disregard the private message.
cowcatcher
8/7/12 10:42:35PM

Posted by KungFuMaster

I just finished sending Cowcatcher a private message - telling him how I feel he is singling me out. Right after I clicked send, I realized how foolish and pointless it is to gripe about the things being said on here. In the big scheme of things, our arguments mean nothing especially if we're just arguing for the sake of arguing.

Cowcatcher, I now give you full control of my posts. Whenever I say anything which may spark an argument, just delete it. It will save me a lot of headaches. Please disregard the private message.

I didn't give you a warning for anything, and you basically called aether a candidate to shoot up a movie theater which prompted him to go off on you. I deleted both of your posts, and left it at that.

I don't need YOUR permission to "control" your posts, that's my job here as a mod, and I thought I was doing a guy that just got off of a one month ban a favor by just deleting the posts and letting it die. There are a couple of simple solutions here: 1) let it go and my short term memory loss will make me forget you guys even went at it, or 2) don't post here anymore. I'd rather you kept posting, but I don't need the whining or calling me out as if I somehow screwed you over when all I did was delete posts and tried to let the thing die. Chill out man, I'm not out to get you, or anyone on the PG, I just am trying to keep the peace around here.
FlashyG
8/7/12 11:21:51PM

Lets all come together in our mutual hatred of the corrupt Olympic Boxing judges
Bubbles
8/7/12 11:48:21PM

Posted by FlashyG

Lets all come together in our mutual hatred of the corrupt Olympic soccer reffing

fixed
Poor_Franklin
8/8/12 1:13:13AM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by FlashyG

Lets all come together in our mutual hatred of the corrupt Olympic soccer reffing

fixed

got to see what all the fuss was about. i would hate to lose a semi like that. i'll be rooting hard for them in the bronze medal game.
KungFuMaster
8/8/12 2:22:58AM
Sometimes I just need a hug and I'm all happy again.
Pages: 1 [2] 3