The Walking Dead Thread (Spoilers)

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » The Walking Dead Thread (Spoilers)
« Previous Page | Next Page »
Franklinfan47
4/1/13 3:14:37PM
ANDREASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS DEADDDDDDDDDDDDDD

In all seriousness, great finale. Intense action and killing, they leave a few interesting tidbits for next season (Governor still at large, Carl is going sociopath, new group members), and did I mention Andreas dead?!?

Im sorry but anyone who takes that long to grab plyers, when they know a zombie is the room, deserves to die. I was yelling at her the whole episode. Dummy is sitting there talking to him when she knows whats coming. I bet if it was the governors dick she would have latched on no problem.
emfleek
4/2/13 12:04:52PM
Meh.

Most anticlimactic war of all-time.

Weak finale IMO.

Andrea's dead though.

10/10
Svartorm
4/2/13 1:04:54PM
I liked it and Andrea was driving me crazy as well. Who cares if he's still alive! Get your ass in gear!
jakewalters
4/2/13 2:26:17PM
Now that I think about it, I think Andrea was written to piss off guys and appeal to women. Think about it, everything she did was based on emotion pretty much.

I think Carl's gonna run away and join the governor's crew next season

shaneTpain
4/3/13 2:33:19PM
Andreas dead
Weak ass finale
Kpro
4/3/13 7:16:02PM

Posted by Franklinfan47

The whole idea of rape really turned me off though

I'm going to pretend I never read that.
JLS1980
4/5/13 12:54:13AM
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
jakewalters
10/13/13 7:43:40PM
Wooooooooo!!!!!!
FastKnockout
10/13/13 7:50:12PM
Almost time, bitches!

jakewalters
10/13/13 11:32:18PM
Thoughts...

Damn that lady in the woods was creepy
Rick is now a huge pussy
loved the raining zombie scene
Lol at the introduction and demise of that zach kid
Carl bums me out
Beth too
They went way over the top w foreshadowing
Herchel pimpin that new leg
Wtf was that shit at the end
Adrenaline
10/14/13 1:36:42AM
I was a little worried that I was anticipating the new season too much and would be disappointed. It started out weak but ended up being a pretty solid premiere.

My thoughts:

I couldn't give less fucks about new characters, and was happy when Zach got his shit eaten. I hope the rest follow suit, especially the little brats naming walkers by the fence.

Lady in the woods was creepy as shit, those scenes had a lot of tension.

Rick is a little WTF right now, I get it, he wants to "come back from it" but carry your fucking gun dude.

Splattering Zombies were awesome.

Beth and Carl are still annoying. Daryl is still the shit.

Not sure how coke glasses got infected, I'm guessing something is contaminated? Might have something to do with the dead pig??

FastKnockout
10/14/13 1:39:05AM

Posted by jakewalters

Wtf was that shit at the end

I noticed one of the zombies trying to break through the fence had blood coming from his eyes the same as the kid in the shower. New method of contamination? The pig also died of an unknown cause so I'm guessing it's in the water supply, and if isn't it sure as hell is now.
Svartorm
10/14/13 11:10:02AM
I think either:

A) The medic guy Daryl rescued is carrying some kind of mutated version of the virus. or

B) The virus is mutating without a carrier, which killed the pig, the other pig in the woods, and might have been in that deer Daryl brought back.

They made a big deal about Daryl shaking that kids hand though, and then he was sick a few hours later, so either Daryl passed it from the Medic he rescued or from the deer on his hands while eating.

Either way, new virus, but the Medic is sketchy. Not sure if they're just playing an alcoholic angle or if he knows he has something wrong with him and is scared to be alone, etc.

Either way, good episode.

I figured the lady in the woods was going to be a cannibal, but guess was only half right.
jakewalters
10/14/13 12:19:25PM

Posted by Svartorm

I think either:

A) The medic guy Daryl rescued is carrying some kind of mutated version of the virus. or

B) The virus is mutating without a carrier, which killed the pig, the other pig in the woods, and might have been in that deer Daryl brought back.

They made a big deal about Daryl shaking that kids hand though, and then he was sick a few hours later, so either Daryl passed it from the Medic he rescued or from the deer on his hands while eating.

Either way, new virus, but the Medic is sketchy. Not sure if they're just playing an alcoholic angle or if he knows he has something wrong with him and is scared to be alone, etc.

Either way, good episode.

I figured the lady in the woods was going to be a cannibal, but guess was only half right.

Yeaaaa all the zooming in and out on the worried Medic's face. Fuckery is afoot.

As far as the creepy chick.. when he asked what shed done to survive I was also thinking cannibal.

Hope this season holds up w a new showrunner.
Ordep
10/14/13 12:21:14PM
The ad placement for Sweetwater and Terrapin was the best part of the episode.
DoTheMMAth
10/14/13 12:56:46PM
The season debut kind of disappointed me. Maybe I'm used to major shit going down every episode in Breaking Bad, but it seemed like a semi-pointless setup episode. Lots of random romances going on, Rick spends time with a pointless 1-and-done character, etc.
Franklinfan47
10/14/13 1:07:40PM
I thought it was decent. Its not gonna be crazy shit right off the bat, they need to set up storylines.

Predictions:

-Daryl and Beth gonna hook up.
-Bob the medic is the rat of the group, possibly working for the governor.
-Swine flu has hit the camp (hence the dead pig and subsequent dead kid). Without medication to treat it, people will be dieing left and right.
prozacnation1978
10/14/13 5:08:24PM
Glad Kyle gallner died

That actor annoys me a lot
JoeWarren33
10/15/13 11:04:46PM
Pretty weak premiere Imo
Still enjoy the show though.
JLS1980
10/21/13 10:38:09PM
Any thoughts on who's feeding the walkers and who burned the 2 bodies with the gas.
Do you guys think it's the same person doing both.

I do. I'm leaning towards the Medic.
Adrenaline
10/21/13 11:47:11PM

Posted by JLS1980

Any thoughts on who's feeding the walkers and who burned the 2 bodies with the gas.
Do you guys think it's the same person doing both.

I do. I'm leaning towards the Medic.

I would guess the medic as well, just because the show wants you to think it is the "troubled" little girl feeding the walkers and they want you to think Rick burned the bodies because he was previously shown with the gas can burning the pig pen.

Svartorm
10/22/13 10:23:44AM
I think it's Glen.

The beginning of the show has the person using a flash light to feed them. Then you see Glen in the guard tower acting all weird with Maggie, and he's been on watch all night. Then you see Maggie pointing out the fence is about to buckle and you see that's where the feeding was taking place. That area is right next to the guard tower, so if Glen was on watch, he would have seen someone with a flash light in the pitch blackness.

Not sure if he's the one burning bodies, but that's secondary to the whole thing. I think Glen is going crazy and either wants the walkers to break in and kill everyone to "end it all" or have them break in to kill Maggie's family so they can go live on their own. He's mentioned they can't have a life there so this could be his batshit crazy way of getting her to leave once everyone is dead.

It's not the little girl because the flashlight is at face level to the walker, which wouldn't be practical for a short girl to hold, as it would be over their head.
Franklinfan47
10/22/13 4:01:22PM

Posted by Franklinfan47

-Swine flu has hit the camp (hence the dead pig and subsequent dead kid). Without medication to treat it, people will be dieing left and right.

Called it

And yeah I think the Medic is the rat.
Adrenaline
10/28/13 2:08:27AM
Fucking Carol?

I had a random thought while watching this episode, it's highly unlikely but what are the chancing the group is being poisoned? ( Or purposely infected) The symptom's say viral but it was just a wild thought. I still think the medic is a rat.

Loved the Charger spinning out on a pile of walkers, I was thinking the whole time that there was no way Tyrese was already being killed off.

What will be Glenn's fate? Why has Maggie been a background character the last three episodes?

Lessons from this episode, never punch Rick, he will fuck your shit up.

Tyrese is apparently an invincible Zombie killing machine.
jakewalters
10/28/13 8:36:09AM

Posted by Adrenaline

it's highly unlikely but what are the chancing the group is being poisoned? ( Or purposely infected) The symptom's say viral but it was just a wild thought. I still think the medic is a rat.

Tyrese is apparently an invincible Zombie killing machine.

Agree 100% on both topics.

That tent Carl and Herschel found? The Gov is poisoning them with the help of the medic. I don't trust that guy.

WAR TYRESE!!!! Haha he learned the hard way not to come at Rick, but god damn did he fuck up some zombies. With one eye & limited depth perception too. What a boss.

Haha did anyone see Marilyn Manson on Talking Dead? That guy loves to hear his own voice. Too bad everything he said was uninteresting as fuck.
Svartorm
10/28/13 11:44:53AM
With the whole water set-up, I'm assuming it came in from there. The walker with blood coming out of its eyes was outside the gate, but they draw water from that little bridge. You'd assume they'd boil it, but who knows?

The medic is just such an obvious answer, I can't see them going that route.

That mega horde of walkers was awesome though.

Something that bothers me though. Why does everyone fight with knives? The only way a zombie hurts you is to bite or tackle into you. Wouldn't the smart thing be to use spears? You could easily make them and theoretically, a small ground armed with spears could take out that mega horde over the course of several hours just by letting them come forward and head shotting them until the pile got too high to move over.

Also, you could build a wall on wheels out of framing and plywood, shaped like half an octagon with spear slots all along it. Just rub auto wax on the outside to make it hard to grab onto and have a car idling and pulling it backward at a snails pace.

Also, why hasn't anyone made bows yet? Daryl has been rocking a crossbow for years and no one has thought to make a bunch, or at least standard shortbows? Would be the best way to wipe out the groups around the fence at no cost or risk of life.

Also, how come no one has thought to grab heavy equipment and make a trench or earth barricade? Diesel fuel and heavy batteries can sit for ages and be fine, so would just be a matter of firing it up. Could make the whole jail an island and protection against walker and man alike.

These are the things that keep me up at night.
jakewalters
10/28/13 8:28:26PM

Posted by Svartorm

With the whole water set-up, I'm assuming it came in from there. The walker with blood coming out of its eyes was outside the gate, but they draw water from that little bridge. You'd assume they'd boil it, but who knows?

The medic is just such an obvious answer, I can't see them going that route.

That mega horde of walkers was awesome though.

Something that bothers me though. Why does everyone fight with knives? The only way a zombie hurts you is to bite or tackle into you. Wouldn't the smart thing be to use spears? You could easily make them and theoretically, a small ground armed with spears could take out that mega horde over the course of several hours just by letting them come forward and head shotting them until the pile got too high to move over.

Also, you could build a wall on wheels out of framing and plywood, shaped like half an octagon with spear slots all along it. Just rub auto wax on the outside to make it hard to grab onto and have a car idling and pulling it backward at a snails pace.

Also, why hasn't anyone made bows yet? Daryl has been rocking a crossbow for years and no one has thought to make a bunch, or at least standard shortbows? Would be the best way to wipe out the groups around the fence at no cost or risk of life.

Also, how come no one has thought to grab heavy equipment and make a trench or earth barricade? Diesel fuel and heavy batteries can sit for ages and be fine, so would just be a matter of firing it up. Could make the whole jail an island and protection against walker and man alike.

These are the things that keep me up at night.

I want to be your friend in the zombie apocalypse
Franklinfan47
10/28/13 9:34:29PM

Posted by jakewalters

Haha did anyone see Marilyn Manson on Talking Dead? That guy loves to hear his own voice. Too bad everything he said was uninteresting as fuck.

This X 10000000. Not only uninteresting but unintelligible as fuck. It cracked me up the host kept pointing out he made absolutely no sense. Manson should be banned from that show for life.

As for the episode: the question is now does Rick stay loyal to Carol by hiding her secret or does he still serve justice above all else, cuz she did commit murder.

And who was on the radio?!

Svatstorm (sorry if I butchered that), the thing that bugged me most about the episode:

How in the holy hell did Tyrese inexplicably overcome that huge horde of zombies?! They really want us to believe he killed his way out of that swarm?! Dale can't fight off one zombie but tyrese apparently wears walker repellant or something.
Adrenaline
10/28/13 9:55:32PM

Posted by Svartorm

Something that bothers me though. Why does everyone fight with knives? The only way a zombie hurts you is to bite or tackle into you. Wouldn't the smart thing be to use spears?

I think the spear would definitely serve a purpose but I don't think it would be wise to use it as a primary weapon or as a replacement for knives. If used as you described they would be great. Create a line of "soldiers" and keep the walkers in front of you ect.. but the second you became surrounded and were fighting close quarters against a hoard they would become a liability and something I would ditch immediately. Spears have been used since the beginning of time with great success but I just can't imagine untrained survivors(especially I the context of this show, they are always getting surrounded) doing anything but smacking each other with the butt end and generally not being able to maneuver a long spear while being over run. As you said though, they are easy to make (pretty much unlimited if you just used sharpened branches) and you could use them and just ditch them if things went south and not be out anything.

As for bows, my guess is because they are actually not that easy to make, at least something that could consistently kill something at a meaningful range. But you are right, they should either scavenge more bows/crossbows or learn how to make them.

Spot on on building trenches/earth barricade's, it would be one of the first things I did.

I like the way you think Svartorm, I know the medic is an obvious choice but I still don't like him
prozacnation1978
10/31/13 10:55:27AM
I hope they don't ever have Manson on the talking dead again

He was just so weird and un interesting
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9