The Walking Dead Thread (Spoilers)

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » The Walking Dead Thread (Spoilers)
« Previous Page | Next Page »
jakewalters
11/12/12 12:50:46AM

Posted by Franklinfan47

I was confused as hell by this episode. Is Carol still alive? Did that zombie eat Laurie? Who was callin rick?

Carol might still be alive, like the phone call we find out next week

As far as Lori, yeah that zombie ate her. I was watching the Talking Dead after and the director said that the hair on his face was from Lori..
Franklinfan47
11/12/12 9:38:40AM

Posted by jakewalters

Posted by Franklinfan47

I was confused as hell by this episode. Is Carol still alive? Did that zombie eat Laurie? Who was callin rick?

Carol might still be alive, like the phone call we find out next week

As far as Lori, yeah that zombie ate her. I was watching the Talking Dead after and the director said that the hair on his face was from Lori..

Her whole body though? Granted that Zombie was fat but you think there would be some scraps left. Something fishy goin on, part of me thinks Carl didnt shoot her and Carol may have came and saved her or something. Wouldnt that be a twist

And DD, technically it was Zombie WWE, not Zombie UFC.
prozacnation1978
11/12/12 10:17:28PM
I could tell you. Who's calling Rick.
DancingDoll
11/13/12 7:04:25AM

Posted by Franklinfan47

Her whole body though? Granted that Zombie was fat but you think there would be some scraps left.

No, she's definitely dead. I read that too. The walker was supposed to be in a bloated stupor from having eaten her entire body. Guess his eyes were bigger than his stomach. He totally stuffed himself.

Personally, I think it was the Walking Dead's homage to Thanksgiving dinner.
jakewalters
11/18/12 11:04:31PM
Tonight's episode made 0 sense in so many different ways.

-So.. the calls were all in Ricks head? That's cool I guess?

-The governor is mad bc Andrea jumped over the wall, then they bang.. huh?

-Why the fuck wasn't Carol just like "Hey I'm in here" after Daryl ran in there swinging a knife for some reason

-Why were the walkers not paying any attention to Michonne at the end

Watching the Talking Dead aftershow right now and already Hardwick has made a very awkward joke about impregnating Sarah Silverman, and Joel Madden has said the word "like" 83 times in 1 minute of talking.
king_katool
11/19/12 12:11:46AM
The zombies left her alone because she was covered in zombie guts, like rick and Glenn in ATL.

Overall this show isnt that great, actually I thinks its quite horrible, writing is so bad, acting very mediocre, I laugh everytime I see rick cry its so forced. Dont even get me started on Lori or andera

But zombies, so ill keep watching
jakewalters
11/19/12 12:39:59AM
True... I love how obvious it is that Daryl is gonna have to kill Merle eventually. And hopefully Andrea gave the Governor HIV. I can't stand her. Michonne is the shit though, I hope she chops em up like a ginsu SON!
Franklinfan47
11/19/12 9:55:36AM
Ive actually been enjoying this season. Guess its just me.

Posted by jakewalters

Tonight's episode made 0 sense in so many different ways.

-So.. the calls were all in Ricks head? That's cool I guess?

-The governor is mad bc Andrea jumped over the wall, then they bang.. huh?

-Why the fuck wasn't Carol just like "Hey I'm in here" after Daryl ran in there swinging a knife for some reason

-Why were the walkers not paying any attention to Michonne at the end

Watching the Talking Dead aftershow right now and already Hardwick has made a very awkward joke about impregnating Sarah Silverman, and Joel Madden has said the word "like" 83 times in 1 minute of talking.

1. Ya they were in Ricks head. Kinda dum, but a way to get a sense of closure between Rick and Lori I guess. I did like how the speakers were Amy, Jim, Jackie, and Lori. But no T-Dawg in heaven?!?

2. Andrea is a dum slut. You havent figured that out yet?

3. That ran through my head as well. Carol had to hear Daryl walking around and talkin. Why didnt she just go "hey Im in here!" Plot loop hole.

4. Michonne figured out, like Rick and Glenn is season 1, that covering yourself in Zombie guts masks your smell against walkers. Im glad we got to see Michonne send some heads flyin finally in this episode, looks like shes gonna help Rick get back at Merle
Franklinfan47
11/19/12 10:04:07AM

Posted by jakewalters

That was the most awkward episode ive ever seen. They need to dump their celebrity guests and get some intelligent speakers to talk to. I felt bad for the host.

Joel Madden sounded like he was on bath salts, could barely understand him, and Sarah Silverman may be a comedian but her improv SUCKS. All her answers were either awkward or stupid.
jakewalters
11/19/12 10:24:42AM

Posted by Franklinfan47

Posted by jakewalters

That was the most awkward episode ive ever seen. They need to dump their celebrity guests and get some intelligent speakers to talk to. I felt bad for the host.

Joel Madden sounded like he was on bath salts, could barely understand him, and Sarah Silverman may be a comedian but her improv SUCKS. All her answers were either awkward or stupid.

Seriously. This was the third episode I've seen of it, and the first I disliked. You're right on all accounts. Every other thing Silverman said was "I totally hate ____." "Omgz you guys look at ____'s hair." She's a funny girl but was not funny at all on the show. I like when they have actual characters or directors on who can actually talk about filming..
DancingDoll
11/19/12 12:14:10PM
I thought it was the weirdest thing that they had dug a grave for Carol and buried.... what?... her headscarf? Like if that's all they had to go on to think she was dead, that kind of sucks. As well, they should probably have assumed that if Carol was bit and her body was missing that she was a walker as well, so I would have gone looking for her regardless to put her out of her misery etc. since she was part of their group.

Michonne is awesome.

And I have finally begun to agree that Andrea is getting annoying. The faked anti-violence thing with the gladiator fights and then confessing she liked them is just annoying. And all that effort to get to bang the Governor... there was no need for whiskey and small-talk. I think the writing was on the wall as soon as they met each other that they were destined to bump pelvises.

I hope nothing happens to Glen and Maggie - aside from Daryl, they're probably my favourite characters on the show. And I think Michonne is quickly joining that category as well.

jakewalters
11/19/12 1:13:49PM

Posted by DancingDoll

I hope nothing happens to Glen and Maggie - aside from Daryl, they're probably my favourite characters on the show. And I think Michonne is quickly joining that category as well.

Agreed. Glen and Maggie are badass. Still super sad over the loss of Dale and T-Dog though

Btw.. it's spelled favorite
Ordep
11/19/12 6:33:38PM
After a great episode (2 weeks ago) the show is going on the slow side again. Blankets are equivalent of clothing so I still want o see Andrea dead. The quicker the better, she's nothing but a pointless character. I hope they don't use a lot of time on Carol's misery and recovery process like they did with the stupid kid after getting shot in S2. Next week's episode seems like a lot of build up, again.
prozacnation1978
11/19/12 7:08:42PM
Two more episodes till closure time
Then they go on hiatus till Feb and show the last 8 episodes.
Franklinfan47
11/19/12 8:40:32PM

Posted by DancingDoll

I thought it was the weirdest thing that they had dug a grave for Carol and buried.... what?... her headscarf? Like if that's all they had to go on to think she was dead, that kind of sucks. As well, they should probably have assumed that if Carol was bit and her body was missing that she was a walker as well, so I would have gone looking for her regardless to put her out of her misery etc. since she was part of their group.

Ya they really fucked up that fake carol death storyline. Come to think of it, what did they bury for Lori? She was eaten entirely I thought.

Two more episodes till closure time

Dam. I hate when they do that.
prozacnation1978
11/20/12 2:45:49PM
A bit of major news for the show

If your a fan of the comics then you will be familiar with this character

But come episode 8 or a tad later
The show will finally introduce the character tyrese

Played by chad Coleman who was on the series show the wire.

If you do read the comics then you know who he is
But he is a key character in the series
jakewalters
11/20/12 3:55:27PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

The show will finally introduce the character tyrese

Played by chad Coleman who was on the series show the wire.

Why aren't they using Tyrese?!

Adrenaline
11/26/12 7:45:33AM
Solid episode tonight. I hope I'm not alone in thinking that Maggie just keeps getting hotter and hotter as the series goes on. Unfortunately when we finally get to see some skin from her it is due to the Governor being a sick fuck and it kind of took the fun out of it. Tense episode for sure and it looks like next weeks episode will deliver big as well.

JLS1980
11/26/12 8:15:09AM

Posted by Adrenaline

Solid episode tonight. I hope I'm not alone in thinking that Maggie just keeps getting hotter and hotter as the series goes on. Unfortunately when we finally get to see some skin from her it is due to the Governor being a sick fuck and it kind of took the fun out of it. Tense episode for sure and it looks like next weeks episode will deliver big as well.

Adrenaline you are not alone. Maggie is hot.

Maggie AKA Lauren Cohen
Franklinfan47
11/27/12 10:47:43AM
Ya shes pretty sexy. The whole idea of rape really turned me off though

Shits goin down next week for the mid-season finale.
JLS1980
12/3/12 10:44:44AM
It went down in the Mid-Season Finale. Can't wait for February to roll around. That was a good episode.
jakewalters
12/3/12 11:24:25AM
Great mid-season finale!! I don't know where to start..

Carl and Glenn stepping up as badasses? Awesome Loved Glenn's MacGyver esque way of turning walker bones into shivs

How about that fight scene between Michonne and the Governor? Equally epic. I physically cringed when that glass was stuck in the Gov.'s eye. They really have some awesome gnarly scenes in this show. The creator was on Talking Dead after saying they keep trying to push the limit to where AMC says no and they haven't reached it yet. I usually don't like stuff THAT gruesome, but this show is an exception.

Don't know how to feel about Axel. Seems like a friendly guy, but that scene with he and Beth was creeping me out. Loved the lesbo line though hahaha.

Tyreese!!! Wooooo! Can't wait til he kills that white dude in the group for wanting to jump Carol & Carl (another scene shown on Talking Dead)

This show's slowly but surely becoming one of my favorite all-time. AMC is stepping their game up for sure, Breaking Bad I think is my favorite show of all-time at this point and this one's amazing too.

What's everyone dying to find out in the second half of the season? I wanna find out what happens to the Dixon bros!! Now that the Governor has seperated himself from Merle is there any chance he reunites with the group or will he pull some dastardly shit and get himself killed by Rick?!? We'll see!!

DancingDoll
12/3/12 1:28:16PM

Posted by jakewalters

What's everyone dying to find out in the second half of the season? I wanna find out what happens to the Dixon bros!! Now that the Governor has seperated himself from Merle is there any chance he reunites with the group or will he pull some dastardly shit and get himself killed by Rick?!? We'll see!!

Yeah, I think somehow the Bros. will somehow get away via help from Rick & Co. and Merle will try to assimilate into that group but eventually will wind up getting himself killed in a Shane'esque type ending with Daryl being the executioner.

I really like Michonne. The way she speared lil Penny was intense. I wasn't expecting it to happen that fast. Thought she might push the kid at the Governor and have her bite Daddy but I guess they want to keep his character around a while longer.

It sucks to have to wait until February!
Ordep
12/3/12 4:52:26PM
I won't be happy with this show until Andrea dies. Boardwalk Empire finale was better last night (as usual )
jakewalters
12/3/12 5:12:25PM

Posted by DancingDoll

Yeah, I think somehow the Bros. will somehow get away via help from Rick & Co. and Merle will try to assimilate into that group but eventually will wind up getting himself killed in a Shane'esque type ending with Daryl being the executioner.

That would be some shit. They showed a clip of Daryl running through the forest so we know he at least makes it out of Woodbury. Thank god. I think he's my favorite character at this point in the series.
DancingDoll
12/3/12 5:57:42PM

Posted by jakewalters

Posted by DancingDoll

That would be some shit. They showed a clip of Daryl running through the forest so we know he at least makes it out of Woodbury. Thank god. I think he's my favorite character at this point in the series.

Totally mine too. He's by far the most likeable. Maggie probably comes next.

And I agree - Andrea is dead weight at this point. It's unfortunate because I liked her character originally but this half of the season with the whole Governor thing just turned me off her.
Franklinfan47
12/3/12 11:17:06PM
Im so sick of her looking confused all the time. Take the Governor's penis out of your mouth and take a look around!!! Rick and them were right infront of her.

Overall id give the episode like a 7 or 8/10. Some parts dragged but im excited for february.

I hope Merle rejoins the group but will he sacrifice himself to save Deryl?

Also, I hope Carl executes those noobs at the prison (tyrese excluded).

cowcatcher
12/4/12 12:26:42AM

Posted by DancingDoll

I'm thinking the same thing. All along they've shown that Daryl has a heart and it has to be leading to something like him having to make a choice between the group and Merle.
Franklinfan47
12/4/12 10:04:34AM
Based on the previews I have a feeling they are building towards Rick and his family leaving the group at the end of the season.

Clearly Rick is still losing it, seeing Shane in Woodbury, thus letting Oscar get blasted with a shotgun. Then in the preview it shows Carl telling his dad he needs to stop being the leader, followed by Rick walking away and Hershel yelling GET BACK HERE! at him.

I think it would be an interesting twist. On one hand, there is strength in numbers. On the other hand, Rick constantly has to deal with other peoples problems instead of "protecting his own", as Shane would say.
jakewalters
3/31/13 10:01:44PM
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10