MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Official UFC 67 Discussion
« Previous Page
Bountytaker
2/3/07 11:33:42PM
CroCop used Pride's theme for his entrance....interesting choice
Brutalknees
2/4/07 12:15:21AM
Lutter SUBMITS!!!

After all that talk about Lutter needing to take it to the ground, he got submitted and embarassed.
Snacks
2/4/07 12:20:49AM
Silva flipping out on the mic was great, and as kept up his good choice of music since his UFC debut.
Gogoplata
2/4/07 1:27:13AM
Frankie Edgar v. Tyson Griffin, by far the best fight of the evening. Those two guys are explosive. Look forward to seeing them again. Overall I was pleased with UFC 67 and most fights ended how I expected them to end. Would have liked to have seen Machida, I think he is going to be a firecracker in the LHW division. CroCop provided us with vintage left high kicks, Rampage provided us with a pretty vicious knockout. Overall, pleased.

War UFC 68!
aceprone
2/4/07 2:21:49AM
Tonight was a great night. But the best part of the night was watching Cro Cop in all is glorious! haha,, That dude is that man. And rampage, oh yeah! BAd ass night!
roadking95th
2/4/07 2:41:07AM
Overall, tonight was pretty good. Nice to hear Rogan continueing to give props to wrestlers, take note I was really impressed with the Griffin/ Edgar fight! Thats the kind of excitement I think great college wrestlers can bring to MMA. Silva, I think, has been exposed. His takedown defense was horrible. Lutter's shots sucked balls and he still took him down.
strikefirstgear
2/4/07 2:41:30AM

Posted by Bountytaker

First controversy of the night....was that an illegal knee by huerta?

From the look of the replay and listening to Huerta talk I would say that he hit him in the shoulder/neck area.

Good night of fights for the most part. Enjoyed the Cropcop, Rampage, Silva and Edgar fights.
GladE8R
2/4/07 11:08:49AM
Lutter WAS ALOT CLOSER to winning that fight than people are saying....and I am as pissed off at him as anyone. He could have ended it in the first round with the armbar, or the full mount. That weight cut killed him in more ways than one.

No offense to Silva, but Lutter had him at the end of the first...Absolutely had him and missed.

Silva fought well, but had way too much respect for Lutter on his feet. Plus guess what kids....Silva doesnt have a great sprawl...Can you guess what Franklin will do next time...and Franklin in a full mount would have ENDED Silva.

Cro Cop is finally here, and I couldnt be happier. He was soo much better than Sanchez, that he shouldnt have even been in there with him...Poor TIMMY...LOL...I just hope Randy DOESNT fight Mirko...I really love Couture and I dont want to see what Cro Cop would do to him.

War Rampage....I got that one 100% right.
aceprone
2/4/07 11:22:25AM
One thing that was also great about that night is how much the crowd supported Cro Cop and how the cheered and wuued everytime Cro Cop threw a kick. And listening to Couture, Rogan, and Goldberg, druel all over themselves while they watched Cro Cop fight. I know I was and still am. Couture also talked about the sound radiated in the stadium when Cro Cop threw a kick. And I also think this might of been a first time for Cro Cop to see his own country men support him with banners and cheers. I don't think that much support happened in Japan for him. I would like to know Cro Cops thoughts on that. I think the UFC and American Fans welcomed Cro Cop with much respect and will continue that in his future fights! Again Cro Cop will change the face mma in America and I hope he can unify Pride and the UFC! If there's anyone in the world who can do it, it has to be him!
GladE8R
2/4/07 11:27:10AM
Yeah I gotta agree, when he threw those kicks, I thought someone was pounding on the mat...but they were just that loud...It was amazing....Poor Eddie...What do you think Tims legs are going to look like....LOL

As far as getting Mirkos opinion...GOOD LUCK! He isnt much of a talker ya know???

The 2 funniest moments last night:

Rogan: Mirko, walk us through the Mickeys replay"
Mirko: SILENCE FOR 25 SECONDS...

Goldberg: "Lutter is the Micheal Jordan of BJJ"
Rogan: "No! I wouldnt say that!"

Posted by aceprone

One thing that was also great about that night is how much the crowd supported Cro Cop and how the cheered and wuued everytime Cro Cop threw a kick. And listening to Couture, Rogan, and Goldberg, druel all over themselves while they watched Cro Cop fight. I know I was and still am. Couture also talked about the sound radiated in the stadium when Cro Cop threw a kick. And I also think this might of been a first time for Cro Cop to see his own country men support him with banners and cheers. I don't think that much support happened in Japan for him. I would like to know Cro Cops thoughts on that. I think the UFC and American Fans welcomed Cro Cop with much respect and will continue that in his future fights! Again Cro Cop will change the face mma in America and I hope he can unify Pride and the UFC! If there's anyone in the world who can do it, it has to be him!

MMA
2/4/07 11:39:02AM
I personally thought Griffin got screwed out of that fight. Poor judging and ref decision ... there needs to be more standardization.
benihana
2/4/07 4:32:19PM
He got screwed in the fact that one judge scored it 30-27. Well, and the fact that Edgar didn't tap from the kneebar at the end of the third round, that thing was locked in pretty bad. Edgar won the first rd, Griffin for sure took the second round with that uppercut, but after he got hit in the balls in the 3rd he just kinda ran outta gas, until he locked in that sick kneebar... I wish Edgar woulda tapped.. kinda disappointing, I wanted Griffin so much more than Edgar
roadking95th
2/4/07 11:06:58PM
Refering to the Griffin/Edgar bout, I thought Edgar did win it. But, yea, judging it 30-27 was a mistake. I believe Griffin was doing a little acting with the "shot" to the nuts. He had already recieved a knee to the face and the midsection, leading up to the incident. When I re-watched the fight in slow motion, it appeared that Edgar landed another knee to the midsection before his foot made a little contact as he lifted Griffin off his feet.. I feel that the ref thought he was over reacting and was trying to get a break from the three knees. Just my opinion.
JasperRealtor
2/5/07 2:27:03AM
I can't believe he didn't make weight. I would prefer to see him never fight again in the UFC.
allevil86
2/5/07 11:24:17AM
Cote should have gone after smith when he was rocked instead of playing around with him.
pv3Hpv3p
2/5/07 12:59:30PM

Posted by MMA

I personally thought Griffin got screwed out of that fight. Poor judging and ref decision ... there needs to be more standardization.

I think Edgar won it fair and square...

They seemed like well matched wrestlers, and Edgar was winning the standup game. Just like Rogan said, he was standing in there when Tyson was engaging and landing great counters, the guys came off as very competent and collected on his feet.

I was really hoping Tyson would pull it off, bet the better fighter won that night.

Can't beleive he didn't tap from that knee bar...
aceprone
2/5/07 2:20:24PM
Another great moment of the night was Rampage taking out his contacts out of his eyes after making a sweet entrance.
GladE8R
2/5/07 2:52:23PM

Posted by JasperRealtor

I can't believe he didn't make weight. I would prefer to see him never fight again in the UFC.

You mean like Drago did?
thelastking
2/5/07 11:09:18PM
i agree edgar should have and did get the decision it was a great fight. That kneebar was sick griffin had it deep.
Pages: 1 [2]