Official UFC 69 Discussion

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Official UFC 69 Discussion
« Previous Page | Next Page »
deehjhay
2/23/07 5:26:47PM
diego is going to win once again against kos.... hope swick pulls the upset... I really want to see swick vs silva for the title really soon...
JunCTion
2/23/07 5:44:06PM

Posted by deehjhay

diego is going to win once again against kos.... hope swick pulls the upset... I really want to see swick vs silva for the title really soon...

i think they have equal strength
kos is good enough to avoid the gnp early on
i but i dont think hell be doing and gnp on diego
diegos cardio is better

im stuck between diego 3 rd sub & diego unan decision

i guess i never thought twice about picking swick. i think its his destiny to get to the top (just like chuck and GSP)
mmagod
2/25/07 2:59:21AM
after last nights pride event i think alot of fans will be disapointed next week listen for the boos in the crowd
mmagod
2/25/07 3:07:33AM
is there any one else that watches ufc events and hopes that the fights end early so we can see more than six fights. i hate dana for doing this to us
JunCTion
2/25/07 11:32:48AM

Posted by mmagod

is there any one else that watches ufc events and hopes that the fights end early so we can see more than six fights. i hate dana for doing this to us

i dont understand selling a ppv and not showing all the fights. that just shows the fans how cheap he is. punishing the ones that dont buy a ticket to see it live.
Bountytaker
2/25/07 1:45:34PM
If Serra can put in a decent bout, I think he'll end up being part of most contender's schedules. I don't know if he'll get another shot, but he'll be a test for those that want one. For example, if Hughes wins big, Diego wins big, and Serra stays with GSP for a bit, I could easily see Hughes/GSP III, and Diego/Serra next.

If Serra loses big, as he probably should, I think he gets dropped to the middle of the pack. A Serra/Kos fight might be interesting.

Speaking of Kos, I still don't see how he earned this fight against Diego. I think it's fair to say Diego is one or two quality opponents away from a title shot....Kos isn't even close to the upper tier yet. Seems like Diego has more to lose than to gain from this fight.
JunCTion
2/25/07 7:28:24PM

Posted by Bountytaker

Speaking of Kos, I still don't see how he earned this fight against Diego. I think it's fair to say Diego is one or two quality opponents away from a title shot....Kos isn't even close to the upper tier yet. Seems like Diego has more to lose than to gain from this fight.

your right about kos
but its been too long for diego as it is. quality wins over...
diaz - 4/1 in ufc at the time
karo - 5/1 in ufc at the time
riggs- hasnt been knocked out in 4 years

bj skipped out for 2 yrs, came back, lost to gsp, then still got a shot. 0 / 1
riggs got choked by salaverry, beat lytle cause of a cut, then got a shot. 1 / 1
trigg got choked, won 2 fights and got another shot. 2 / 0

diego hasnt lost since kindergarten and hes 6 / 0 in the ufc. whats the hold up?
disorderlyvision
3/4/07 2:08:56PM
i think this is a weak card for a ppv, most of these fights should be on spike. i think there are going to be some good fights i just think it is lacking for a ppv.
mkiv9secsupra
3/5/07 6:08:29PM
definitely not PPV worthy...im not even gonna buy this one...ill just download the fights a week later instead
Momentosis
3/5/07 10:33:53PM
Roger Huerta is fighting Leonard Garcia. They were originally scheduled to face off about half a year ago on Huerta's debut. Garcia had an arminjury and was forced to pull out of the fight and was replaced by Jason Dent.
joesmouta
3/6/07 8:54:19AM

Posted by MMA

Davis will beat Spratt if he has a smart game plan (i.e. take it to the ground). Spratt has a horrible ground game.

Pete Spratt got knocked out at a World Combat League event that I watched last night. The fight may have been as much as a week old, but he was beat pretty badly. This happened when he did not have to worry about the ground game. He knew what his opponent was going to (had to) do and got caught anyway. I am actually pulling for him, but Davis is going to be hard to beat.
joesmouta
3/6/07 9:00:31AM

Posted by JunCTion
Your right about kos
but its been too long for diego as it is. quality wins over...
diaz - 4/1 in ufc at the time
karo - 5/1 in ufc at the time
riggs- hasnt been knocked out in 4 years

bj skipped out for 2 yrs, came back, lost to gsp, then still got a shot. 0 / 1
riggs got choked by salaverry, beat lytle cause of a cut, then got a shot. 1 / 1
trigg got choked, won 2 fights and got another shot. 2 / 0

diego hasnt lost since kindergarten and hes 6 / 0 in the ufc. whats the hold up?

Don't ask me why, but Diego actually told Rogan after his last couple of wins that he wanted to wait for a title shot until he was "READY." When GSP beat Hughes, Diego said he wanted to get into the cage with Hughes. I think he is easily the number one contender for the WW belt. I don't understand why he is so hesitant though. If anyone can elaborate on this I would appreciate it.
SICKRICK
3/10/07 7:24:03AM
he is scared, if he loses then he is back at the bottom and has to start he ride all over...gsp will kill him............
CincySaint
3/11/07 12:57:08AM
This is definitely one that I hope we get to see some of the prelim fights. I have been looking forward to seeing Luke Cummo fight again, and he will get a war with Josh. I also want to see Herring and Imes, i am interested to see how Herring does when someone will stand with him, especially a 6'7'' brawler. Does anyone see Koshcheck taking this one?
mkiv9secsupra
3/11/07 5:21:01AM
ive never been a big fan of herring. i hope Imes lands a huge right hook to the temple and puts herring out....im not picking imes to win but i just wish he would win against herring...

i think melvin's speed and power will be too much for stevenson
SICKRICK
3/12/07 9:11:02AM
kos will lose and herring and kumo, stevenson all win
slade
3/15/07 12:42:38AM
Kos doesn't stand a chance.

Never seen Quick Swick fight, should be good.
MMA
3/15/07 5:49:48PM
Go check out the UFC 69 Preview on the official website. Koscheck's comments about Diego are great, there is a ton of bad blood between these two. I would love to see both just KTFO of each other.
nellyhiphophead
3/16/07 12:44:25PM

Posted by MMA

Go check out the UFC 69 Preview on the official website. Koscheck's comments about Diego are great, there is a ton of bad blood between these two. I would love to see both just KTFO of each other.

thats the one thing i think also is josh wants this so bad. thats the one thing that gives him a chance.
Junior24
3/16/07 3:02:23PM
Can someone please explain why Herring and Imes are not on the main card? That is so assanine, why does Dana do that? I watched the last UFC on PPV and the first 45 min was the promotion of the event was the event I just payed for and about to watch. That whole time I could have been watching the fights. I hope Tito knocks some sense into him.
nellyhiphophead
3/16/07 3:07:24PM

Posted by Junior24

Can someone please explain why Herring and Imes are not on the main card? That is so assanine, why does Dana do that? I watched the last UFC on PPV and the first 45 min was the promotion of the event was the event I just payed for and about to watch. That whole time I could have been watching the fights. I hope Tito knocks some sense into him.

thats how the ufc has always been and will never change. but we still might be able to get that fight in as the 6th fight at the end of the night if gsp can put matt to sleep early in the fightt and the other 4 they are going to show us befor i want to see more then herring imes that could be fight of the night or the match you never want to see again like herrings last fight.
Dadaman
3/16/07 3:47:43PM
People are underestimating the potential of this card.

Some people (sherdoggers) attribute a card's overall quality before if ever happens based on its starpower alone. This card has got lots of potentials for fight of the year.

Kos and Diego has war written all over it. The kind of guys these two are they are going to be constantly on the attack.

Roger Huerta is an up-and-comer. He is basically the future of the UFC in the hispanic market.

Okami vs. Swick has the potential to be a technicians dream! Both these guys are going to showcase thier talent and really shine. Yushin and Mike both know what's up and what's at stake here. The outcome of this fight will have a direct effect in the 185 division in terms of top 10 rankings.

The main event is really a win-win situation. Either we get to see a Georges St. Pierre domination, or we see a desperate fight with Serra pulling all the stops.

I can't wait to download these fights at 4 in the morning!
nellyhiphophead
3/16/07 3:57:29PM

Posted by Dadaman

Some people (sherdoggers) attribute a card's overall quality before if ever happens based on its starpower alone. This card has got lots of potentials for fight of the year.

Kos and Diego has war written all over it. The kind of guys these two are they are going to be constantly on the attack.

Roger Huerta is an up-and-comer. He is basically the future of the UFC in the hispanic market.

Okami vs. Swick has the potential to be a technicians dream! Both these guys are going to showcase thier talent and really shine. Yushin and Mike both know what's up and what's at stake here. The outcome of this fight will have a direct effect in the 185 division in terms of top 10 rankings.

The main event is really a win-win situation. Either we get to see a Georges St. Pierre domination, or we see a desperate fight with Serra pulling all the stops.

ya i think it could be a good card also thats why you should get the ppv or go to a bar and watch it live download it latter.
pv3Hpv3p
3/16/07 4:25:20PM

Posted by Dadaman

Agreed... A lot of people look for that starpower and then on the other hand bitch about lop-sided matchups...

This card has the potential to be an excellent night of fighting with a lot of pretty even matchups (except for the main bout)...

I hope we get more than 4 fights though... I wanna see the Heavies fight... Really hope HH comes back to form...
Cobbs666
4/6/07 7:53:33PM

Posted by JunCTion

Posted by mmagod

i dont understand selling a ppv and not showing all the fights. that just shows the fans how cheap he is. punishing the ones that dont buy a ticket to see it live.

if they want this sport to become more mainstream they need to lower the god damn ticket prices, they wonder why the majority of people are booing at the fighters for a few seconds of no action, its because for 750 a ticket is mostly rich people who dont enjoy the sport, they just wanna spend a few measly bucks and see some fights, they give tickets away to stars who dont even know what a fight is just so they can flash their mugs on camera for 5 secs between rounds, also need to do way more free ppv's because most people that dont like the sport always say " do they still go to the ground and shit", because they saw the early days of shamrock and gracie laying on eachother for 35 minutes and turned alot of people off the sport
fugitive
4/6/07 11:08:40PM

Posted by Junior24

Imes hasn"t fought in over a year and Herring lost his last fight. I would rather watch the fights that are on the main card anyway.
cthanes
4/7/07 12:36:57PM
i think grove is one to watch, he is a great, dedicated fighter
Buddharox
4/8/07 12:32:46AM
Holy ****
D-Boy
4/8/07 12:35:11AM

Posted by Buddharox

Holy ****

lolz
MMA