Alan Belcher vs Kendall Grove
Roger Huerta vs. Alvin Robinson

Preliminary bouts:
Thales Leites vs Pete Sell
Pete Spratt vs Marcus Davis
Luke Cummo vs Josh Haynes
Heath Herring vs Brad Imes

Weigh-in results:
Georges St. Pierre (169.5) vs. Matt Serra (169.5)
Diego Sanchez (168.5) vs. Josh Koscheck (170.5)
Mike Swick (184) vs. Yushin Okami (184)
Kendall Grove (185.5) vs. Alan Belcher (184)
Roger Huerta (155) vs. Leonard Garcia (154.5)
Heath Herring (245) vs. Brad Imes (260.5)
Thales Leites (186) vs. Pete Sell (186)
Pete Spratt (171) vs. Marcus Davis (169.5)
Luke Cummo (170) vs. Josh Haynes (171)
Beenosworld
2/6/07 11:23:11AM
Heard most of the same...
could you tell me your source???
1 of those fights is on the 68 card but who knows.
Joe vs Uno
put me in my place if i'm wrong...lol
Miss april will brightin your day
lmao
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
JunCTion
2/6/07 6:18:51PM
hey, when does swick get his shot at the title?
ufcisbeast101
2/6/07 8:56:04PM
Diego Sanchez vs. Josh Koscheck wow thats gonna be agreat fight unless deigo pulls off another quick KO lol
modogg
2/6/07 9:25:46PM
I get my pre-card guesses from mmaweekly.com, under the runors section.

I just realized posting the name of a website may not be want the moderators want. I apologize if this is the case, i am new to the whole posting thing. If that is the case please delete and i will try to check back and not do it again
strikefirstgear
2/7/07 2:50:06AM
Decent card. Looking forward to Sanchez an KOS, Always like seeing Swick fight. Glad to see Luke back in the octagon and it should be a war with Haynes... both strikers. Joe vs Uno would be cool.

Only hope Herring is ready to show what he has this time. Hope his oponant is a stand up brawler.
waylon_o
2/7/07 8:13:36AM
I'm a Swick fan....not a HUGE fan, but a fan nonetheless. Did you guys know he lived in Russia (moved over there with his mom) for a few years...trained there for a while. Then he moved to Thailand by himself for a while and learned Muay Thai? Impressive in my opinion...and the guy isn't scared of anything. After the Franklin/Silva massacre, he was calling out Silva already at the press conference. He may not be the best fighter, but the dude has lived an interesting life and I'm looking forward in seeing what he can do. Oh yeah, he also beat some guy named David "The Crow" Louiseau.
nate22
2/7/07 8:36:00AM

Posted by JunCTion

hey, when does swick get his shot at the title?

After Marquadt or at least when he beats Nate.
SICKRICK
2/7/07 9:41:38AM
i really think that diego and kos fight is going to be shitty.. i hate kos, i think he is really going to get killed...i dont ever think he will ever be a great fighter , in the ufc you have to be well rounded not just wrestle...diego in the first round, its a lock.. it will be an ok card.. i hope that serra will put up a good fight.. but GSP will win no questions....
waylon_o
2/7/07 9:44:26AM
I'm not a Kos fan at all, but he has come a long way since TUF. He's a phenomenal athlete, but that doesn't mean he can go toe-to-toe with someone like Diego Sanchez. If Koz was smart (it may not even be his decision though), he would want to put this fight off for a while. He gets better and better with each fight, but he isn't up to par with Sanchez. His striking has came a long way since he's been with American Kickboxing Academy (I think that's where he is anyway). I don't think he'll win, but it should be a good fight.
JunCTion
2/7/07 1:39:28PM
good thought
Sinical
2/8/07 2:03:18AM
GSP 1st round murder

Diego 1st round murder

Yushin okami by UD

j
aceprone
2/8/07 2:09:53AM
This fight card isn't looking to bad, I"m really looking forward to the one in England. I really wish Pierre fought on the last fight card, so that this TUF contest could be over with and finnally get to see Matt, Diego, and Pierre battle it out for the belt. But I guess we'll have to wait. Ethier way UFC 69 seems like it will be a fun night of fights.
gspfan31
2/8/07 2:47:30AM
swick vs. okami is gonna be great

hopefully heath is injury free for his fight this time
JunCTion
2/8/07 1:57:44PM
we're all sure that gsp will win, but where does serra go from there. is he done or does he get mixed in with the other contenders
Sinical
2/8/07 4:23:23PM

Posted by JunCTion

we're all sure that gsp will win, but where does serra go from there. is he done or does he get mixed in with the other contenders

serra needs to learn some wrestling if he wants to push his MMA career

i mean he couldnt take down lytle.

he will never take down GSP

after gsp KOs him or subs him and he gets his suspension he will probably work on his wrestling and we will see him on a fight night card
JunCTion
2/9/07 1:16:49AM

Posted by Sinical

after gsp KOs him or subs him and he gets his suspension he will probably work on his wrestling and we will see him on a fight night card

i hope so. i like the guy. his coaching and enthusiasm on tuf 4 was the only thing that kept me interested
Beenosworld
2/9/07 7:27:44PM
Projected UFC 69 card as of today:

Georges St. Pierre vs. Matt Serra
Diego Sanchez vs. Josh Koscheck
Mike Swick vs. Yushin Okami
Alan Belcher vs. Kendall Grove
Thales Leites vs. Pete Sell
Marcus Davis vs. Pete Spratt
Luke Cummo vs. Josh Haynes
Roger Huerta vs. TBA (possibly Joe Stevenson)
Heath Herring vs. TBA

amik
2/11/07 9:09:49AM
I believe that Serra does not have anything to do against GSP and the fight between Stevenson and Caol can be interestant.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Stickan
2/12/07 9:54:39PM
Am I the only one excited to see Kendall again? I mean, he's gotta be the least mentioned TUF champion ever despite putting on such awesome performances to get there.
He seems to have lots of talent and I'm really pumped up for this fight!
JunCTion
2/12/07 10:47:10PM

Posted by Stickan

Am I the only one excited to see Kendall again? I mean, he's gotta be the least mentioned TUF champion ever despite putting on such awesome performances to get there.
He seems to have lots of talent and I'm really pumped up for this fight!

yeah, kendall was a lot better than the publicity he hasn't gotten
hippysmacker
2/19/07 1:06:34PM
I think Kendall is to thin and tall to stay at that weight. If he's really 6 ft. 6 , I think he should put on some muscle and fight at 205. Poeple improve, and I beleive he's gotten better ( while and since he was on the show) , but he was overpowered and manhandled by Deisel Riggs in rumble on the rock. I think this will happen with any good ground n pounder ,with good sub defense, as long as he's so thin.Aslo Herring vs Imes has been confirmed

Brad Imes-Heath Herring added to UFC 69: Shootout
By MMAFighting.com on February 19, 2007

Brad Imes will seek his first UFC win when he faces the experienced Heath Herring on April 7th at UFC 69.

Imes, 3-2, is returning to the UFC after a one-year absence stemming from injuries to his elbow and his nose, both, which required surgery.

Herring, 26-12-1, is coming off a disappointing UFC debut in which he lost a three-round decision to Jake O’Brien. Herring was said to have fought with a torn MCL.

The UFC 69: Shootout card is nearly complete. Roger Huerta, who defeated John Halverson earlier this month, still needs an opponent.

WW: Georges St. Pierre vs. Matt Serra
WW: Diego Sanchez vs. Josh Koscheck
HW: Brad Imes vs. Heath Herring
MW: Thales Leites vs. Pete Sell
MW: Alan Belcher vs. Kendall Grove
WW: Marcus Davis vs. Pete Spratt
MW: Mike Swick vs. Yushin Okami
WW: Luke Cummo vs. Josh Haynes
LW: Roger Huerta vs. TBA
madmarck
2/22/07 1:51:02PM
I doubt Kendall Grove would do very good at LHW. Even though he is 6'6'' look at him. He is a very scrawny guy by nature. It would take a lot for him to put on a lot of muscle. I say as lonh as he is doing good at 185 i think he should stay there.
I think he will have a good fiht at UFC 69. I see him beating Belcher by Sub in Round 3.
madmarck
2/22/07 1:54:23PM

Posted by JunCTion

Posted by Sinical

i hope so. i like the guy. his coaching and enthusiasm on tuf 4 was the only thing that kept me interested

Shoine Carter Didnt???????
Matt Serra did seem like a cool guy.
But in Reality does he have a chance against GSP? This is Silvs vs Lutter. This is GSP vs Serra.
GSP has beat the best ground guys at WW in a row. BJ, Sherk, Hughes, and Karo. Serra pales in comparison to those guys. Not to mentions Geroges wins over Miller and Trigg were impressive too.

GSP can win this fight any way he wants. Serra better learn some sick shit before UFC 69. Maybe he should talk to Shonie Carter and Learn the Spinning back fist. Then Again Geroges already knows that move..............
snakeplissken
2/22/07 3:16:38PM
I reckon the Sanchez Coz fight could be the real surprise fight of the event. Koz could even slip the win if he plays a clever fight. It will be 'banging' though thats for sure.
MMA
2/22/07 4:08:11PM
Davis will beat Spratt if he has a smart game plan (i.e. take it to the ground). Spratt has a horrible ground game.
RichBoy
2/22/07 4:15:35PM
Am i the only one who thinks Belcher might pull the upset. I mean the guys got some nice standup and is well rounded. I really think he can catch Kendall with a big punch or a big kick ( like he did to Santiago ).
JunCTion
2/22/07 8:13:40PM

Posted by madmarck

Posted by JunCTion

Posted by Sinical

Shoine Carter Didnt???????
Matt Serra did seem like a cool guy.
But in Reality does he have a chance against GSP? This is Silvs vs Lutter. This is GSP vs Serra.
GSP has beat the best ground guys at WW in a row. BJ, Sherk, Hughes, and Karo. Serra pales in comparison to those guys. Not to mentions Geroges wins over Miller and Trigg were impressive too.

GSP can win this fight any way he wants. Serra better learn some sick shit before UFC 69. Maybe he should talk to Shonie Carter and Learn the Spinning back fist. Then Again Geroges already knows that move..............

carter was good to laugh at
serra was the The Ultimate Professional, he came there on a mission and it was clear to me.
but im sure most of us picked gsp rn 1 ko (if they let us pick by the minute, id give it about 2 1/2)
Ydoc
2/22/07 11:20:25PM

Posted by MMA

Davis will beat Spratt if he has a smart game plan (i.e. take it to the ground). Spratt has a horrible ground game.

He should win. I'm always pulling for Marcus, and I'm glad he's trying to become a complete fighter. I think he has Spratt beat on the ground and in the stand up.
tunefish
2/22/07 11:38:11PM
I thought I was the only one going for Marcus
Spratt hasn't improved enough over the years to keep up, in my humble opinion.
We'll see if he proves me wrong this time.
Pages: [1] 2 3