The Official RATE The Song Above You Thread

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » The Official RATE The Song Above You Thread
« Previous Page | Next Page »
Bubbles
10/16/12 9:28:44AM

Posted by george112
10/10!
Love that song!

Fade to black-Metallica

9/10. Great song but falls just short of my top 5 Metallica songs. IMO they are greatest band ever (although their newest stuff isn't very good imo)

Rammstein - Du Hast
If you ever get a chance to see them in concert, do not hesitate for a second to buy tickets. Best concert I have ever been to (and I've been to dozens and around 100 bands or so)
bojangalz
10/16/12 1:50:30PM

Posted by Bubbles

Rammstein - Du Hast
If you ever get a chance to see them in concert, do not hesitate for a second to buy tickets. Best concert I have ever been to (and I've been to dozens and around 100 bands or so)

12/10 for the simple fact that it brings me back to my high school days. Pretty sure Rammstein is personally responsible for destroying at least two sets of factory speakers in my broke ass white-trash cars from way back in the day.

And since we're currently sampling some rock love from across the pond... I bring you some Volbeat, in one of their more under appreciated efforts- Maybellene i Hofteholder
Bubbles
10/16/12 2:47:14PM

Posted by bojangalz

And since we're currently sampling some rock love from across the pond... I bring you some Volbeat, in one of their more under appreciated efforts- Maybellene i Hofteholder

8.5/10. I don't think there is a Volbeat song I dont like

Keeping it overseas, Katatonia - My Twin
BuffaloDave
10/16/12 3:02:36PM

Posted by Bubbles

6/10 not familiar with it, but it wasn't that bad.

ODB - Shimmy Shimmy Ya
prophecy033
10/16/12 3:09:34PM

Posted by BuffaloDave

Posted by Bubbles

6/10 not familiar with it, but it wasn't that bad.

ODB - Shimmy Shimmy Ya

9/10
Fucking Classic

I just got the new Papa Roach album and really liked this song.
Papa Roach- Before I Die
emfleek
10/16/12 3:15:14PM

Posted by prophecy033

Papa Roach- Before I Die

6/10 - I've heard worse. I hold a grudge since Papa Roach was one of the worst live acts I've ever laid eyes on.

"Boob Scotch" - Bob Log III
bojangalz
10/16/12 9:25:31PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by prophecy033

Papa Roach- Before I Die

6/10 - I've heard worse. I hold a grudge since Papa Roach was one of the worst live acts I've ever laid eyes on.

3/10 just didn't do it for me. Kind of surprised to hear you didn't like Roach live. I saw them open for A7X and Buckcherry. I went in with pretty low expectations and came away a bit bigger of a fan than I was going in. Buckcherry was every bit as terrible as I expected, thankfully they closed the show so we were able to beat the traffic. Worst live experience ever for me... Motley Crue circa 2006ish (whatever year it was they opened for Aerosmith). It was shameful, a really, really bad experience. I've seen the Black Crows live, I'd rather endure Chris Robinson's mindless ramblings and bumping elbows with grimey hippies than sit through the Crue again.

It's time for a curveball... Janis Joplin- Me and Bobby McGee
Bubbles
10/16/12 10:58:27PM

Posted by bojangalz
Worst live experience ever for me... Motley Crue circa 2006ish (whatever year it was they opened for Aerosmith). It was shameful, a really, really bad experience.

2/10 for Janis. Nothing about that song appeals to me

I saw the Crue last year and they were pretty good. I'm sure they would have been better to see 15 years ago but they still rocked and Vince Neil live sounded similar to the audio tracks

Speaking of Motley Crue, if they started out today and had a female vocalist, I think they would sound like this:
Sister Sin - Outrage
prophecy033
10/16/12 11:14:57PM

Posted by bojangalz

Posted by emfleek

Posted by prophecy033

Papa Roach- Before I Die

3/10 just didn't do it for me. Kind of surprised to hear you didn't like Roach live. I saw them open for A7X and Buckcherry. I went in with pretty low expectations and came away a bit bigger of a fan than I was going in. Buckcherry was every bit as terrible as I expected, thankfully they closed the show so we were able to beat the traffic. Worst live experience ever for me... Motley Crue circa 2006ish (whatever year it was they opened for Aerosmith). It was shameful, a really, really bad experience. I've seen the Black Crows live, I'd rather endure Chris Robinson's mindless ramblings and bumping elbows with grimey hippies than sit through the Crue again.

I went to Cruefest a few years back and it was Trapt, Buckcherry, Sixx:AM, Papa Roach and Motley Crue. Motley Crue was the worst of the Bunch followed by Buckcherry, Sixx:AM, Papa Roach and Trapt. Trapt was pretty awesome but the opened and nobody was in there. It was a shame really bit Papa Roach was pretty Badass as well. I had never heard of Sixx:AM up to that point but I loved them also. Made me a fan that day.

I don't know Fleek, maybe Papa Roach just had a bad night. It happens
emfleek
10/16/12 11:23:02PM

Posted by prophecy033

I don't know Fleek, maybe Papa Roach just had a bad night. It happens

No offense, but I think it's more along the lines of a bad career.

bojangalz
10/16/12 11:24:02PM

Posted by Bubbles

Speaking of Motley Crue, if they started out today and had a female vocalist, I think they would sound like this:
Sister Sin - Outrage

Pretty sure I've heard that song before but I never knew who the band was. I can dig it- 7.5/10 easily.

I'd say there's a good chance you'll be seeing more of these guys on the festival circuit next summer... Pretty sure they've only got on LP and an EP debut a few years back.

Otherwise- Full Circle
emfleek
10/16/12 11:25:58PM

I'd say there's a good chance you'll be seeing more of these guys on the festival circuit next summer... Pretty sure they've only got on LP and an EP debut a few years back.

Otherwise- Full Circle

7/10 - not really my type of music but it reminds me a bit of System of a Down.

"Back To You" - honeyhoney
bojangalz
10/16/12 11:37:30PM

Posted by emfleek

7/10 - not really my type of music but it reminds me a bit of System of a Down.

"Back To You" - honeyhoney

Yeah, I can get behind that fr sure. 9/10

I just don't have anything to naturally transition to from there. Hmmm. Someone can feel free to jump in here while I rack my brain for a bit.
ChrisSabal
10/16/12 11:41:30PM
Bubbles
10/16/12 11:49:17PM

Posted by ChrisSabal

The Song

He-man disagrees
BuffaloDave
10/17/12 5:54:41PM

Posted by Bubbles

He-man disagrees

4/10 I despise that song, put the video made me a little

Bad Boyz - Shyne
Gogoplatapus
10/17/12 9:55:56PM

Posted by BuffaloDave

Posted by Bubbles

He-man disagrees

Bad Boyz - Shyne

9/10 for Barrington
8/10 for the beat
5/10 for Shyne

I'll hit you with this
kopower
10/17/12 10:52:47PM

Posted by Gogoplatapus

Posted by BuffaloDave

Posted by Bubbles

He-man disagrees

Bad Boyz - Shyne

9/10 for Barrington
8/10 for the beat
5/10 for Shyne

I'll hit you with this

I like it. 7/10. Kind of reminds me a bit of this.

Rolling Stones - I Miss You Dr. Dre Remix

Honestly, forget about the song, just watching Mikey breakdance effortlessly is impressive too me.
bojangalz
10/18/12 2:42:59AM

Posted by kopower

Rolling Stones - I Miss You Dr. Dre Remix

Honestly, forget about the song, just watching Mikey breakdance effortlessly is impressive too me.

2/10 for the song, miss you isn't one of the Stones better jams, and I'm not at all of fan of remixes. 10/10 for the video. Jacko was a creepy fuck, but he could move like no other.

My turn- Believe it or not, I head this song on one of the regional classic rock stations earlier today. Caught me off guard to say the least. But I don't care where I hear it, the song sticks in my craw every time.

Sublime- What I got
Poor_Franklin
10/18/12 5:17:50AM

Posted by bojangalz

My turn- Believe it or not, I head this song on one of the regional classic rock stations earlier today. Caught me off guard to say the least. But I don't care where I hear it, the song sticks in my craw every time.

Sublime- What I got

9/10. this song will always be awesome!

it's not the same kind of music, but let's keep it groovy

Kenny Rogers & The First Edition- Just Dropped In
george112
10/18/12 8:51:57AM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by bojangalz

Sublime- What I got

9/10. this song will always be awesome!

it's not the same kind of music, but let's keep it groovy

Kenny Rogers & The First Edition- Just Dropped In

7/10 like me some Kenny Rogers from time to time

The Wind- Zac Brown Band

Only song I love by them
Bubbles
10/18/12 11:00:08AM

Posted by george112
The Wind- Zac Brown Band

Only song I love by them

0/10, I can't listen to most country songs/artists. My ex played a lot of country in her car and I got tired of it real quick. It could just be her taste in music is bad (and it really is to an extent) and I got sampled some bad ones

Although this song is decent: John Denver - Sunshine on my Shoulder
Gogoplatapus
10/18/12 1:27:37PM

0/10, I can't listen to most country songs/artists. My ex played a lot of country in her car and I got tired of it real quick. It could just be her taste in music is bad (and it really is to an extent) and I got sampled some bad ones

Although this song is decent: John Denver - Sunshine on my Shoulder

Im a sucker for shit like this 8/10

I'll keep it relative

Almost heaven, west Jamaica...
kopower
10/18/12 6:10:17PM

I'll keep it relative Almost heaven, west Jamaica...

I like it. 6/10

Switching it up a bit with an oldie but goodie

Natural Born Killaz
Poor_Franklin
10/18/12 6:14:06PM

Posted by kopower

Natural Born Killaz

fucking 10! that's some good shit. love the lyrics!

Ice Cube- It Was A Good Day
kopower
10/18/12 6:49:17PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by kopower

Natural Born Killaz

fucking 10! that's some good shit. love the lyrics!

Ice Cube- It Was A Good Day

Classic. Easily a 10. How about a rock/rap collabo

Kabosh ft. Tech N9ne - Little Pills
warglory
10/18/12 7:42:01PM
2/10 - Not a fan of most rap/rock crossover.

Amon Amarth - Death in Fire

(EDIT: forgot the rating!)
BuffaloDave
10/18/12 7:44:07PM

Posted by kopower

5/10

I would have rated it higher but, the rock guy's voice reminded me of Chad Kroeger's

Offsrping - Bad Habbit
Gogoplatapus
10/18/12 8:52:58PM

Posted by BuffaloDave

Posted by kopower

5/10

I would have rated it higher but, the rock guy's voice reminded me of Chad Kroeger's

Offsrping - Bad Habbit

10/10 ... first time I heard this album I was 14 and on LSD. Actually first time I did any drug.

here's the track that sold me on Kendrick Lamar.
Bubbles
10/18/12 9:00:13PM

Posted by warglory
Amon Amarth - Death in Fire

this was skipped but I'll give it a 7/10. Haven't gotten around to listening to them yet...they are on a list of bands I need to check out (literally I wrote out a list lol)

Posted by Gogoplatapus

here's the track that sold me on Kendrick Lamar.

4/10, only because I'm not a fan of rap but it's not bad.

going back to the rap/rock cross over:
Hollywood Undead - Been to Hell
They took what made Linkin Park good and used it as influence (or so I am going to believe)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6