The official "Painful Predictions" thread...

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » The official "Painful Predictions" thread...
warglory
10/21/07 1:17:07AM
I only picked 3 fights correctly at 77....*sigh*

If you have any painful prodeictions, let the world know, get it off your chest.
PeteD
10/21/07 1:29:31AM
I went 5-4. Won all the undercard bouts + the Bonnar Fight. What makes this painful is I put half of my bankroll on Vera and the other half on Franklin.
warglory
10/21/07 1:33:36AM
ouchhhh
PeteD
10/21/07 3:12:06AM

Posted by warglory

ouchhhh

Ya, tell me about it. I had $6,620 in the bank, the $110 I currently have is from picks
D0wnUnd6e6r
10/21/07 9:17:03AM
yeah wasent so good for me. My heart and not brain picked Macdonald over Okami (insert insult here). I had the truth UD, wich yeah kinda failed, gotta feel for the guy tho. Starne's cut also just totally screwed me. Just to top off the whole thing, I had grice winning over black since day one, then for some reason had a brain fart and switched over to black at the very last second. Anyways it was a pretty good ppv but man was it brutal for me lol. I did make a llil cashish on maia and robinson tho
malekomaddox
10/21/07 9:51:37AM
Vera was robbed last night! He should've won the fight. Sherdog even scored round 1 and 2 for him.
PeteD
10/21/07 12:53:38PM

Posted by malekomaddox

Vera was robbed last night! He should've won the fight. Sherdog even scored round 1 and 2 for him.

I totally agree! Originally, I thought that Vera was penalized a point for kneeing the head but just got a warning. If that was the case, I was hoping for a draw. Octagon control shouldn't be the basis for winning the fight. But ya, Vera definitely won rounds 1 and 2.
Mayhem13
10/21/07 1:14:27PM
I did pretty good for this card only missed three...and scored 63..

but it sucked cause the day before the fights, I changed the Kalib Starbnes/Belcher fight...and thats one I got wrong....that would a been an extra 7 points and another win...oh well..
DCRage
10/21/07 1:26:08PM
Went 4-5 and Burkman's late taking over the fight against Petz cost me nearly $7500. A night I'd rather forget, easily my worst UFC result since I joined.
gspgnp
10/21/07 1:44:19PM

Posted by PeteD

Posted by malekomaddox

I totally agree! Originally, I thought that Vera was penalized a point for kneeing the head but just got a warning. If that was the case, I was hoping for a draw. Octagon control shouldn't be the basis for winning the fight. But ya, Vera definitely won rounds 1 and 2.

I think the judges made the right decision. Sylvia took R1 and 3 IMHO.
Mayhem13
10/21/07 1:54:44PM

Posted by gspgnp

Posted by PeteD

Posted by malekomaddox

I think the judges made the right decision. Sylvia toI agree...Sylvia won 1 and 3

I agree..I feel Tim won 1 and 3 both
TNunley
10/23/07 11:03:26AM

Posted by Mayhem13
I agree..I feel Tim won 1 and 3 both

Although I picked Vera, and was behind him all 3 rounds... Tim definitely won... by same ol' same ol' boring fashion. It is just so hard to be inspired to care to watch Tim anymore.

-Edit-
Yeah, by the way I went 3-5 (or 3-6 can't remember how many events there were), and lost over $12,000 on Franklin. I thought the last fight just wasn't the real Frankling, then go to watch my cash disappear after realizing how much better Silva is than Franklin. Not too mention a great guy... the respect he showed Franklin was outstanding. He should start an MMAPlayground account just so I can give him props for his class.
thepunisher
10/23/07 1:39:10PM
I did ok went 7-2 for i lost the black and starnes fight

I should have won more money though i changed my bets on Maia and Sylvia the day of the fight i would have won both by alot more