Official MMA Betting Thread

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Official MMA Betting Thread
Kpro
2/12/08 6:24:29PM
Welcome to the Official MMA Betting Thread.

The rules of the thread are as follows. You may post your Wagers that you have made on upcoming MMA fights, whether you bet on an online site or with friends, and also list what you've wagered (monetary or even a nice ol head shave).

You must post the bet BEFORE the event happens.

Based on the outcome of the fight you either must accept the public ridicule that will follow, or you can bask in your Nostradamus-like greatness and gloat about your win. A wise betting decision will even earn you props from myself.

I'll kick this off with a few smaller bets I've made for the next event that will happen tomorrow.

I have $20 on Prater to win $65.

I have $20 on Varner to win $21.

List any bets you've made on upcoming events in this thread but remember, you must post your wager PRIOR TO the event happening. If you decide on a sig or avatar bet, you may also post it in this thread; but the thread is not for finding a sig or avatar bet, only posting a made bet.

Happy wagering!
jiujitsufreak74
2/12/08 7:42:48PM
$200 on O'brien that would pay $1200

$175 on a parlay of O'brien, Okami, Diego and Kos that pays $2808

if O'brien loses i am f-ed, but whatever, hen you have $375 i have to make up a lot of ground fast and i think this event is the chance to do it. i know that AA can just come out and KO him in the 1st, and i am reconsidering this bet as i dwell on O'brien's back injury he sustained, but for now this is where i stand. i will let you know if i change my mind.
hotrodttt
2/12/08 10:35:39PM
I have some great bets that I know are going to pay off

130 on O' Brian @ + 600

780 $ If I win

A 130 $ parlay with Dan Henerson, Jake O' Brian, Heath Herring and Chris Leban

6367 $ If I win
Kpro
2/12/08 10:43:54PM
What is anyones preferred site for MMA parlays as Bodog does not allow them ?
jomatty
2/13/08 2:49:51AM
wow that is the real money line on obrian? that seems too good to be true. and sorry kpro if this is not the place to discuss betting fights in general, pm me (or just flame me right here) and i will cease and desist.

if i were a bookmaker id have obrian at like +150 at the most...
Kpro
2/13/08 2:53:12AM
I'm not a thread nazi :) I just don't want the thread to turn into a place for finding avatar bets.
Svartorm
2/13/08 3:05:39AM
I've bet money on two fights in my life:

$35 on Hardonk to beat Mir
$50 on Robinson to beat Diaz
Work pool for the Pats to win 14-10 over the Giants

My betting money on a fighter or team is the best possible way to ensure they lose.
jiujitsufreak74
2/13/08 2:41:53PM

Posted by Svartorm

My betting money on a fighter or team is the best possible way to ensure they lose.

please bet on Arlovski
madmarck
2/13/08 2:51:06PM

Posted by Svartorm

Please PM me your bets for upcoming evets so i can avoid those bets.....
CornishMMA
3/10/08 5:25:08PM
I have got £10 (about $23 i think) on Kalib Starnes at 11/4 aka +275

skybet.com gives good odds sometimes, tho it didnt come through i had a little bit on Henderon to win by decision at +500
Svartorm
3/11/08 3:08:43AM
Wow, I wouldn't hold my breath cashing in on that bet.

Sorry, its just you look at Starnes and Quarry and they're total opposites. Starnes just doesn't have the heart to fight and Quarry just came back from a horrible injury that easily could sideline him forever.
CornishMMA
3/11/08 9:43:55AM

Posted by Svartorm

Wow, I wouldn't hold my breath cashing in on that bet.

Sorry, its just you look at Starnes and Quarry and they're total opposites. Starnes just doesn't have the heart to fight and Quarry just came back from a horrible injury that easily could sideline him forever.

Dude thats a bit harsh on Kalib, the guy has got heart, he was just pisssed right off that he had a bad cut and knew it would cost him alot of money, he wanted to carry on fighting - as his outburst clearly showed!
Im a big quarry fan and will want him to win, this is just a failsafe wager really cos i thought they were good odds, Starnes has improved his striking alot and beat Leben fairly squarely, and Nate was getting beat by Sell until he KO'd him so think its a fair enough wager

Me and you dont have the best luck with these wagers tho svartorm so maybe its a good thing you dont like that one
MMA_Alex
3/11/08 1:03:03PM
Damn, I hope that the guys who picked O'Brien to win weren't betting actual money. They just lost a bunch of $.