Official "UFC Major Talent Cuts Of Late 2008" Thread

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Official "UFC Major Talent Cuts Of Late 2008" Thread
« Previous Page | Next Page »
emfleek
11/20/08 4:38:18PM

Posted by cmill21

President...face of the company, says he makes most of the decisions..seems legit. So you think a fighter should have to sign whatever the organizations offers? No matter what, with no negotiation?

That's what I've gathered.
Kracker_Jap
11/20/08 4:47:06PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Posted by cmill21

I personally think the people who agree with the UFC are blinded, they have to give up everything, the UFC is basically saying do exactly what we want or go fight in another org. I figured this is what would happen after Pride fell. We need two big mma promotions or Dana will keep doing this.

My name is Blind nice to meet you

BTW Dana is only the front man he is there to take the attention off of the Brothers and rest of the Zuffa executives......

But you have to really blind and dumb to recognize this

President...face of the company, says he makes most of the decisions..seems legit. So you think a fighter should have to sign whatever the organizations offers? No matter what, with no negotiation?

He didn't sign the contract, Nobody forced him to sign it cuz he didn't that's his right....

Zuffa did not believe he was worth the price he wanted so they let him go, that's their right....

Now he can go find better pay somewhere else.....

I just hope his management represented him correctly and made the right decision
emfleek
11/20/08 4:52:58PM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Zuffa did not believe he was worth the price he wanted so they let him go, that's their right....

There was no negotiation. Zuffa said "You do this or you don't work for us." What he thinks he's worth has nothing to do with anything here. He was given an ultimatum, period.
MMAcca
11/20/08 4:56:21PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Kracker_Jap

There was no negotiation. Zuffa said "You do this or you don't work for us." What he thinks he's worth has nothing to do with anything here. He was given an ultimatum, period.

Kracker_Jap
11/20/08 5:03:25PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Kracker_Jap

In my house that is called negotiating......

You have a choice... its black or white, right or wrong, yes or no

His management made the choice on Fitches behalf to try and call a bluff...
It didn't work

Zuffa had the upper hand on the negotiations if he would have won the title he would have had the upper hand....

When you negotiate normally both parties don't come to the table holding equal amounts of cards to play..... So you may say it was a ultimatum when really it was a short negotiation

And with the recent rumors that just came out it looks like they are negotiating which is good for Jon... Shame on his management for not performing there job properly
cmill21
11/20/08 6:06:11PM
Fitch said his management told him to accept, he decided he didn't want to sign his life away. Boo yah!
Kracker_Jap
11/20/08 6:08:59PM

Posted by cmill21

Fitch said his management told him to accept, he decided he didn't want to sign his life away. Boo yah!

Then in that case Fitch owns his decision and his managment might have done there jobs.....

But if he didn't want to sign why is he shocked with the UFC's decision???
Aether
11/20/08 6:12:20PM
negotiating and issuing orders are not the same thing.

ne·go·ti·a·tion
/n??go??i'e???n, -si-/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [ni-goh-shee-ey-shuhn, -see-] Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. mutual discussion and arrangement of the terms of a transaction or agreement: the negotiation of a treaty.

Mutual and discussion are the key words. There was no discussion and it certainly wasn't mutual. They said do this or leave. That's not a discussion it's an order.
Kracker_Jap
11/20/08 6:15:48PM

Posted by Aether

ne·go·ti·a·tion
/n??go??i'e???n, -si-/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [ni-goh-shee-ey-shuhn, -see-] Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. mutual discussion and arrangement of the terms of a transaction or agreement: the negotiation of a treaty.

Mutual and discussion are the key words. There was no discussion and it certainly wasn't mutual. They said do this or leave. That's not a discussion it's an order.

So you must have been there to witness this all right???

Or are just assuming that that is what that happened??? You do know what they say when you ass u me right??

I find it hard to believe that is was an order if Jon's personal managment was involved
cmill21
11/20/08 6:25:22PM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Posted by Aether

ne·go·ti·a·tion
–noun

Or are just assuming that that is what that happened??? You do know what they say when you ass u me right??

I find it hard to believe that is was an order if Jon's personal managment was involved

Jon has said they said take it or your cut.
DCRage
11/20/08 6:41:32PM
Fitch is back in UFC.

Jon Fitch spoke with Lorenzo Fertitta today and agreed to sign the merchandising contract. He is back in UFC and will fight Jan. 31 against Akihiro Gono as scheduled.

From F4W.
State_Champ
11/20/08 6:42:32PM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Posted by Aether

ne·go·ti·a·tion
–noun

pdanke
11/20/08 6:56:49PM

Posted by DCRage

Fitch is back in UFC.

Jon Fitch spoke with Lorenzo Fertitta today and agreed to sign the merchandising contract. He is back in UFC and will fight Jan. 31 against Akihiro Gono as scheduled.

From F4W.

I kinda figured he would fall in....

Good scoop, thanks for the info.
DCRage
11/20/08 7:00:06PM
He probably had too much to lose by not signing it, he said sponsor money (which he'd probably lose by not signing) makes up 75-80% of his earnings. It could be some time before he'd even get close to that somewhere else, even from Affliction.
Aether
11/20/08 7:05:05PM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Posted by Aether

ne·go·ti·a·tion
–noun

Actually I read the quotes from the person who was cut and the person who cut him where they stated in plain english exactly what happened.
postman
11/20/08 7:17:40PM

Posted by StevenSeagal

Posted by State_Champ

I don't mind the UFC cuttig any of these guys. They are all good enough to get contracts with other organizations and earn money, plus they won't have to put up with s***t like this from the UFC.

Why is everyone so bothered, do you think they could be UFC champions?

I feel like I'm missing some piece of vital information, I cannot see why people are so flustered.

I agree with the cuts, but would have started with others first. Down the road I would have ax'ed these guys as well, but not this soon. I agree that none will be title contenders, but that doesnt mean they should be cut...

guess just wait and see

How can you say Kos Fitch ans Cain won't ever be title contenders?
Rush
11/20/08 7:38:38PM

Posted by Rush

3) The fighters eventually cave and go back to the UFC and everything is as it was yesterday.

cmill21
11/20/08 7:54:35PM

Posted by Rush

Posted by Rush

3) The fighters eventually cave and go back to the UFC and everything is as it was yesterday.

Sounds like the UFC may have caved a bit
roadking95th
11/20/08 7:57:09PM
Hey Rush, looks like you had your bases covered You forgot to show 1 and 2

"1) These guys are fighters, they will sign with some other organization, Dream, Affliction, whatever and we will see them fight again

2) If this bodes ill for the UFC, they will learn their lesson and things should be better in the long run."

Of course, I am thinking #2 is partially correct also!

I'll give a 1.5 out of 3 until we hear more. Heck, it might be a2 out of 3 when it is all said and done.
SpiderSilva
11/20/08 11:12:52PM
Jorge Gurgel should be cut ASAP I know he put on a show but for a guy who loses a lot why keep him around if there is one cut to happen I predict that one right there
Jackelope
11/20/08 11:20:09PM

Posted by postman

Posted by StevenSeagal

Posted by State_Champ

I don't mind the UFC cuttig any of these guys. They are all good enough to get contracts with other organizations and earn money, plus they won't have to put up with s***t like this from the UFC.

Why is everyone so bothered, do you think they could be UFC champions?

I feel like I'm missing some piece of vital information, I cannot see why people are so flustered.

I agree with the cuts, but would have started with others first. Down the road I would have ax'ed these guys as well, but not this soon. I agree that none will be title contenders, but that doesnt mean they should be cut...

guess just wait and see

How can you say Kos Fitch ans Cain won't ever be title contenders?

I agree. Cain, Kos, and Fitch all are very serious potential future title holders. Cain especially. At the very least these are all very top level legitimate gate keepers.

Cain represents the future of the HW division for 10+ years to come (He's very young)

DCRage
11/21/08 6:08:52AM
Same for Wellisch, he was another HW expected to get a big push along with Cain, Shane Carwin, and of course Brock.
stock
11/21/08 9:26:52AM
I agree Cain could be the future of the sport.
He just needs to get/stay healthy.
bosanceros
11/22/08 4:15:57PM
i hate the way dana runs things, he says he wants the best fighters in the world in the ufc so he goes cuts werdum arlvoski and others and now he wants to cut koscheck and almost fitch give me a break and then he keeps guys in the ufc like hardonk, houston, mcfredries who get knocked the **** out all the time but heyyy i guess their cheap commeee onnn these real fighters arnt going to fight for free man give them what they deserve u cant give it all to chuck and ur others buddies jus cause u like them
MMAcca
11/26/08 12:31:08AM
Jess Liaudin
DCRage
11/27/08 9:43:26PM
Add Jorge Gurgel & Sokoudjou to the list.
MMAcca
11/28/08 4:30:30PM

Posted by DCRage

shame .......with Soko anyway.
higdon10
11/30/08 5:15:45PM

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by DCRage

If Soko can string a few wins together outside the org. he will be back.
MMAcca
12/1/08 2:32:55PM

Posted by higdon10

Posted by MMAcca

Posted by DCRage

If Soko can string a few wins together outside the org. he will be back.

DCRage
12/9/08 4:17:37PM
Tentatively add Jess Liaudin to the list. No official announcement made by UFC yet but independent reports are now surfacing.
Pages: 1 [2] 3