Official Legends of MMA Thread

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Official Legends of MMA Thread
chickmagnet
6/5/08 10:07:03PM
There have been a lot of great fighters to step into the cage/ring, and secure their legacies. Here is my list of who I think the all time legends of the sport are. This is based on my opinion and i am not ranking them in a specific order.

Legends of the Sport:

Royce Gracie - 3 time UFC tournament champ. Great BJJ fighter and the first man to introduce BJJ to the american public.

Ken Shamrock - A true legend, wins over Bas Rutten(twice), Kimo(twice), Dan Severn, Mo Smith. One of the first ever in the UFC.

Bas Rutten - Insane Legend, amazing legend. He is the God of Pancrase! Former UFC HW champion, Wins over TK, Randleman, Frank Shamrock, Mezger

Frank Shamrock - His nickname is the Legend. Had not lost for almost ten years, he's beat Tito, he's beat Bas Rutten.

Kazushi Sakuraba - One of the best submission fighters in the history. Beat Royce gracie, beat Kevin Randleman, beat Rampage, and former UFC tournament champion.

Wanderlei Silva - Unbelievable legend and he's only 31 with a lot of fight left in him. He was the pride champion for so long. He destroyed fighters such as Rampage(twice), Sakuraba(3 times), Yuki Kondo, Fujita, Dan Henderson, Nakamura, Yoshida, and recently he beat Keith Jardine. Great legend with more great moments to come.

There are many more such as Dan Severn, Mark Coleman, Chuck Liddell, Randy Couture, Vitor Belfort, Tito Ortiz, Matt Hughes, BJ Penn, Mirko Cro Cop, FEDOR!! Nogueira, Pulver, Tank Abbott, Pedro Rizzo.

backalley101
6/5/08 10:13:57PM
Bro go to U.F.C .COM .You will see that Couture / Gracie/ Coleman/ dan / ken / all in the Hall of Fame
puppetmaster837
6/5/08 10:55:23PM

Posted by chickmagnet

Frank Shamrock - His nickname is the Legend. Had not lost for almost ten years, he's beat Tito, he's beat Bas Rutten.

Submitted Funaki and ended Igor Zinoviev's career
aaa9erh8er
6/6/08 1:50:04PM
i agree with your list for the most part but i say in 5 years after they retires anderson silva and gsp are to be added
Manfred
6/6/08 1:53:53PM

Posted by aaa9erh8er

i agree with your list for the most part but i say in 5 years after they retires anderson silva and gsp are to be added

Not trying to hate on GSP, but he's not Anderson yet. Not from an accomplishment status. He's got to defend his title a few times at least.
Omega
6/7/08 3:17:29AM
No Rickson Gracie?

Steve Jenum first MMA ninja Champion
Don Frye David vs Goliath Tournament Champion
Marco Ruas First modern MMA fighter
Oleg Taktarov Me beat Tank and now Champion.
Tank Abbott.....c'mon......first celebrity of MMA
Keith Hackney....Giant Killer and Nut Squasher
Kimo Leopaldo....WWF meets UFC
Gary Goodridge.....I have a blackbelt in armwrestling