The official Junie War Wagon thread

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » The official Junie War Wagon thread
« Previous Page
moob
10/19/08 8:23:51AM

Posted by ncordless

Why would anyone like someone that acts like that? He acts like a man without any class or respect for anyone. He acts like a toddler throwing a tantrum.

Couldn't agree more, well said.
Kracker_Jap
10/23/08 2:38:01AM
So anyhow I really like pointing out that old Junie won tonight

My thoughts on the fight is I really though that he won the first 2 rounds and lost the third but I guess it a good thing I'm not a judge...

He looked like crap but won in the end the only good thing was he cut weight fast and now seems to be taking things more seriously....

My plan is every one will come on the thread and say how he didn't win this fight and he will lose the second but in my head it will be a better Junie more focused and better cardio

with that being said the JUNIE WAR WAGON LIVES ON

Sorry JTWW I know it burns you when i do that
ncordless
10/23/08 2:59:59AM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

So anyhow I really like pointing out that old Junie won tonight

My thoughts on the fight is I really though that he won the first 2 rounds and lost the third but I guess it a good thing I'm not a judge...

He looked like crap but won in the end the only good thing was he cut weight fast and now seems to be taking things more seriously....

My plan is every one will come on the thread and say how he didn't win this fight and he will lose the second but in my head it will be a better Junie more focused and better cardio

with that being said the JUNIE WAR WAGON LIVES ON

Sorry JTWW I know it burns you when i do that

I don't have any problem with Junie winning that fight. I gave him the second and third round (although it was darn close with Roli making it close at the end of the third).
If I was a fan of Junie, I wouldn't be real psyched about the win though. He didn't show particularly fast hands or defense. He was kind of like watching a minature Chris Leben with a lot less power in his hands.
Junie did show a lot of heart grinding out the weight and still making it 3 rounds. Hopefully now that he's fought and almost lost he will realize that he is not going to walk through the rest of the house. I'd love to see Junie grow up as a fighter and a person during the season. Only time will tell if he can do that.
... if not I'd love to see Nog or Mir or Silva get sick of watching him disrespect everyone and beat on him a while.
AchillesHeel
10/23/08 10:32:49AM

Posted by ncordless

I don't have any problem with Junie winning that fight. I gave him the second and third round (although it was darn close with Roli making it close at the end of the third).
If I was a fan of Junie, I wouldn't be real psyched about the win though. He didn't show particularly fast hands or defense.

I agree. If Roli hadn't stopped fighting in the 2nd round, Junie would have lost. It seemed like Junie's strength was supposed to be his standup, and Roli was landing punches nearly at will, albeit with not much power behind them.
Kracker_Jap
10/23/08 11:24:47AM
IMO there are not much 155'ers out there with enough power to KO

How many times do you really see a KO in the big time??? Compared to 205??

Junie I think will get fast with a better weight cut

Kracker_Jap
10/31/08 11:04:49AM
Now that Junie is training with xtreme Couture I wonder how long it will take for the war wagon to fill up????
higdon10
10/31/08 3:50:19PM
I'll never hop on the wagon.
Kracker_Jap
10/31/08 6:10:39PM

Posted by higdon10

I'll never hop on the wagon.

moob
12/5/08 5:18:45AM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

I hope he wins the show so all the haters out there have to deal with him for a long time....

Glad you didn't get your wish - the guy is an self-absorbed, deluded idiot.

I have a horrible feeling he will get signed by Dana - I mean, how many 2nd chances do people get with him normally?
EvenFlow
12/5/08 6:15:29AM

Posted by moob

Posted by Kracker_Jap

I hope he wins the show so all the haters out there have to deal with him for a long time....

Glad you didn't get your wish - the guy is an self-absorbed, deluded idiot.

I have a horrible feeling he will get signed by Dana - I mean, how many 2nd chances do people get with him normally?

I agree, it sucks that egomaniacal characters are a package deal with some fighters. The guy is just a bag of controversy and imo dosnt give MMA a good name. Some "bad guy" characters have a sense of how good they really are and others are, egomaniacal characters think they're all that and a bag of chips, when in reality the best fighters are the ones with an outlook of respect. We'll probably here that same old cliche that we need bad guys or egomaniacs for whatever reason and thats fine but in a growing sport that isnt quite mainstream yet I couldnt disagree more. I either want him to lose and / or eat humble pie, anything but a quick win for him otherwise he might never re-group mentally, physically and improve skill-set to train harder and never lose again (in his mind) all the great MMA fighters have to do this at some point, Thiago did it, GSP did it, BJ did it, Anderson did it, Rampage did it, even Fedor did it.
moob
12/6/08 6:34:25AM
Dunno about anyone else, but I still wanna know what Kracker Jap has to say about all this...
StorminYourman
12/6/08 11:24:36AM
Junie has nothing on Nover talent wise and acted like a spoiled brat throughout the show.
He will probaly be in and out of the UFC if they give him decent competition.
This wagon is going to be a lonely one.

Also tapping to a sub which was easily escapeable means no heart in my book
Jackelope
12/6/08 11:56:44AM
Yeah, Dana was right when he said Junie was looking for a way out of that fight. I thought Dana played that one brilliantly, to be honest. He knew what would stir up drama and get viewers, and he also knew exactly what was going through Junie's head. The guys wouldn't have cared if he kicked him off the show, but the way Dana played it he made them realize they had a chance to embarass him. A little revenge. Brilliantly played by Dana IMO.

That being said- I wouldn't be surprised to see Junie get a couple of fights in the UFC. People hate him now, but if he somehow flips his attitude and becomes a respectable guy people will like him all the more for it. Specifically because he was such an idiot before. Everyone loves a comeback story.
Pitbull09
12/6/08 12:57:10PM
I think this warwagon was meant for the show cause it seems warwagons for actual UFC fighters are because people admire their fight style but when its TUF, people usually ignore actual skill and focus on the funny jokes the guy makes in the house.
If Junie never was on TUF and just entered the UFC, noone would care about him at all. If guys like Nover and Efrian entered without TUF, people would begin liking them.

In the end, Junie is another Jeremy May and maybe should learn jeremy jitzu since that style works to him well.
bls1919
12/6/08 4:12:38PM
Yeah! great now that Junie lost and "Justice was served" He's gone. Give me a break. Dana totally blew the whole thing by putting him on the Finale. And to top that he put Dave "punchingbag" Kaplan against him. I will be pulling for Kaplan but i don't think he will win. And then we will have to endure more Junie Browning BS. Can't wait for his post fight interveiw with Rogan. Should be very inteligent.
Wolfenstein
12/6/08 4:25:51PM
Count me on the war wagon. For some reason I like Junie. I like a fiery ettitude and he's got it.

Bad for the sport? I don't think so. He's a villain...the guy talking trash that everyone wants to see lose. Just like I do with movies, I'm rooting for the bad guy.
higdon10
12/6/08 5:34:23PM
I'll never root for the guy. Not a chance in hell.
Wolfenstein
12/6/08 6:12:58PM

Posted by higdon10

I'll never root for the guy. Not a chance in hell.

So......maybe?
Jackelope
12/6/08 6:27:57PM

Posted by bls1919

Yeah! great now that Junie lost and "Justice was served" He's gone. Give me a break. Dana totally blew the whole thing by putting him on the Finale. And to top that he put Dave "punchingbag" Kaplan against him. I will be pulling for Kaplan but i don't think he will win. And then we will have to endure more Junie Browning BS. Can't wait for his post fight interveiw with Rogan. Should be very inteligent.

Which, from a business standpoint, was a brilliant move by Dana. It sets him up to make a great resurgance as a better man for Dana to cash in on. As I said in my post, people love a comeback story.

They tried this same thing with Melvin Guillard. It's a money maker. I don't really like Junie (although I'm hoping he gets better mentally) but hey.. it was a smart business move. He's coming into the UFC with a storyline that has already been built. How many other guys can say that?
bls1919
12/6/08 7:59:17PM
Not many but it angers me that, its the only reason he got a shot. Especially to get a shot on live TV in front of Millions. A lot of more deserving guys got passed over for that spot on the televised portion of the event. To be honest, I didn't see all of the "talent" that Dana and Mir were seeing. Maybe with Thompkins he can turn it around, and actually i hope he can.
dannyfrank
12/6/08 8:37:10PM

Posted by moob

Dunno about anyone else, but I still wanna know what Kracker Jap has to say about all this...

he cant say anything, he's been banned from the forums for a couple of months
inyaface69
12/18/08 10:22:35AM
I had mixed feelings about Junie in the very first episode of TUF 8....after watching his showcase of what appeared to be raw talent, I really began to like him. I especially like his cocky attitude. I'm not saying I like the way he throws glass at other fighters, because I too feel that's rediculous, but the guy just has to grow up, and after watching the finale it appears he has done so. He improved immensly since his time on the show, and it looks like he is taking fighting very seriously. I can't wait to see who he's going to fight next.
Pages: 1 [2]