Official Fedor vs. Randy thread

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Official Fedor vs. Randy thread
Rush
9/2/08 8:54:53PM
I'll keep it pinned until it either happens or it officially wont happen.
Ayuka
9/2/08 8:57:16PM
I think it'll happen and will be one of Randy's last matches if not the last.

Fedor will win with out a doubt in my mind.

They both have intense training methods, but Fedor has too much weight on Randy, which is a huge plus considering Fedor is a Sambo/Judo king. Randy won't be able to keep it a striking match.
DiabloFreak56
9/2/08 9:19:46PM
believe it or not i believe this fight will actually happen in the UFC and it will be randy's last fight obviously
iwannabesedated
9/2/08 9:25:41PM

Posted by Ayuka

They both have intense training methods, but Fedor has too much weight on Randy, which is a huge plus considering Fedor is a Sambo/Judo king. Randy won't be able to keep it a striking match.

Fedor weighs like 230/235 Randy in todays interview said he is at 225 and will fight at that weight..So you can scrap your Fedor has too much weight idea.
fonduktoe
9/3/08 3:40:50AM

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

Posted by Ayuka

Fedor weighs like 230/235 Randy in todays interview said he is at 225 and will fight at that weight..So you can scrap your Fedor has too much weight idea.

not to mention randy is a greco-roman king which balances the clinch
stylisticly this fight is much closer than most people predict
machodog76
9/4/08 2:19:20AM
what's the difference between randy and brock's wrestling credentials?
Jackelope
9/4/08 10:32:02AM
Brock is freestyle wrestling. The typical shoot for the legs takedown type you see in high school. He's a former D-1 champion.

Couture is Greco-roman wrestling. The clinch work with no leg attacks style wrestling. He was an olympic alternate.

In terms of accomplishments Couture is slightly ahead of Lesnar in the wrestling world.
gsquat
9/4/08 2:58:12PM
With Couture's re-return to the UFC, it shows some hope for this fight to happen... However, there is no debate. Fedor via however he wants.
jiujitsufreak74
9/4/08 3:14:03PM

Posted by Jackelope

Brock is freestyle wrestling. The typical shoot for the legs takedown type you see in high school. He's a former D-1 champion.

Couture is Greco-roman wrestling. The clinch work with no leg attacks style wrestling. He was an olympic alternate.

In terms of accomplishments Couture is slightly ahead of Lesnar in the wrestling world.

don't forget Couture was one match away form also becoming a D-1 Champion as he lost to Mark Kerr in the finals
cmill21
9/4/08 3:31:02PM
If Randy takes it to the ground he will have to watch for being reversed(Fedor can reverse just about anyone) and submissions, on the feet Fedor has a huge edge. Randy could grind it out, but I don't like the odds of that. Either way I don't think it matters since I would put money on it that this fight will have to wait until Randy's out of the UFC.
chickmagnet
9/4/08 9:00:45PM
Randy is a great guy, a great fighter, a hall of fame legend, and forever a champion, but Fedor will beat him down. On the feet i give it a round or two before Fedor lands and connects. If this fight goes to the ground Fedor will have his way.

My Prediction:

Fedor in the 2nd by either tko or submission
breakdown5
9/4/08 11:20:12PM
Fedor will have his way with Randy if and when they fight. Randy isn't going to take Fedor to a decision win. I think Randy tries to stand and trade and Fedor picks him apart on the feet. Randy will be forced into the takedown and then Fedor will armbar the crap out of him. Round 2, because Randy is a scrappy old man.
cdnpride1
9/5/08 11:42:27AM
I don't understand why people even concider randy having a chance theres not a man on the planet in the HW Division that can deal with fedor atleast for now.
mach
9/7/08 10:17:10AM
If this fight happens I predict that Fedor picks Randy apart on the feet for a couple rounds and then jumps in for a quick submission

then we find out he broke his hand again
JBatch
9/9/08 2:09:37PM
Fedor to beat Randy in about 2 and a half minutes. I think Randy becomes a dominant trainer for many years to come but his best fighting days are behind him and Fedor is just way too good everywhere to lose to Randy.
hippysmacker
9/24/08 9:05:16PM
No disrespect to Randy, and all the amazing things he's done, but even in the octagon I would pick Fedor by 2nd round sub.
atlus
9/25/08 12:48:30PM
you see the thing about fedor is he just simply does not ever have a bad strategy, simply, he has never lost a round in his mma carreer, i know he's basicly undefeated, but if you look at any of his fights, he's never lost a round at all....randy, again, will simply be outclassed
imanidiot777
10/8/08 9:13:38AM

Posted by atlus

you see the thing about fedor is he just simply does not ever have a bad strategy, simply, he has never lost a round in his mma carreer, i know he's basicly undefeated, but if you look at any of his fights, he's never lost a round at all....randy, again, will simply be outclassed

He should be undefeated that illegal elbow that cut him should have made that match a no contest. Fedor would be Randy in 3 minutes. Randy won a UD over Tim Sylvia and Fedor killed him in 36 seconds. That's just one example.
Rush
10/13/08 3:09:56PM
I'm unpinning this topic since nothing offcial has materialized.