**The Official "I put Fedor back at #1" Thread**

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » **The Official "I put Fedor back at #1" Thread**
CantAndleDaRiddum
7/20/08 1:25:25PM
i was one of the MANY people who had not put Fedor at #1 HW strictly bc he had not fought anyone.

i dont know which threads but i specifically remember me & a few others saying they would change Fedor back to #1 if he fought & beat a top 10 fighter

well he did

here's to hoping everyone keeps their word also
juanez13
7/20/08 1:33:31PM
Never took him off the #1 spot
candynuts
7/20/08 1:39:31PM
Never took him off as well and glad he is back on top. I wonder who he fights next.
CantAndleDaRiddum
7/20/08 1:41:04PM

Posted by candynuts

Never took him off as well and glad he is back on top. I wonder who he fights next.

i think he owes Barnett a fight

screw Couture.....Barnett has earned this fight long before randy started his comeback tour
coldchillin
7/20/08 1:46:34PM

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

Posted by candynuts

i think he owes Barnett a fight

screw Couture.....Barnett has earned this fight long before randy started his comeback tour

I absolutely agree with you but Fedor-Couture is just a bigger fight right now though. They'll make Barnett wait and have him fight Arlovski or Sylvia while they wait for Fedor and Couture to fight. Barnett is ranked higher than Couture right now.
jae_1833
7/20/08 1:47:40PM
I must admit I am an offender.
MFOTHER
7/20/08 1:55:27PM

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

i was one of the MANY people who had not put Fedor at #1 HW strictly bc he had not fought anyone.

i dont know which threads but i specifically remember me & a few others saying they would change Fedor back to #1 if he fought & beat a top 10 fighter

well he did

here's to hoping everyone keeps their word also

i never talked sh.it about him, but i also didnt give him ENOUGH credit. I knew he was great...but WOW

glad i layed some serious cash on him.....
Aaronno9
7/20/08 2:01:21PM

Posted by juanez13

Never took him off the #1 spot

Same. Im still not moving him to number 1 p4p yet though, but if he keeps fighting regular top competition with affliction he could claim that spot back by the end of the year to depending on anderson and gsps competition.
jae_1833
7/20/08 2:23:00PM
I now have him #1 HW and #2 P4P. He just can't pass up A. Silva yet......not till he beats both Barnett and Randy, then I will take it into very serious consideration. Problem being he doesn't have the level of oppostition as Silva does in his divs.
DiabloFreak56
7/20/08 2:42:58PM
yup i did i put him back at one.. only person that has a chance to beat him IMO is randy but thats a slight chance as well.
DiabloFreak56
7/20/08 2:43:39PM

Posted by jae_1833

I now have him #1 HW and #2 P4P. He just can't pass up A. Silva yet......not till he beats both Barnett and Randy, then I will take it into very serious consideration. Problem being he doesn't have the level of oppostition as Silva does in his divs.

same here.
Gipper
7/20/08 2:56:09PM
the thought of taking fedor out of the number 1 spot in hw or pound for pound never crossed my mind ever
joshryanshepherd
7/20/08 3:31:47PM
Always #1 HW and Always #1 P4P
coldchillin
7/20/08 4:11:01PM
I think Barnett is a tougher match-up stylistically for Fedor than Couture is.
SpiderSilva
7/20/08 4:15:34PM
I put him back at #1 at HW the reason for the slip was lack of fighting and I also felt like an ass for ever thinking tim had a chance I mean I know he had to withstand that first explstion well he didn't now Im right back were I was 2 years ago no one stands a chance I can't see Arlvski or Barnett getting past that well with a few more wins over those guys I will consiter moving him to P4P #1 as he will fight 2 more times this year Tim Sylvia should have trained with Courture
Mchubb316
7/20/08 5:19:52PM
I'm guilty of having Nog above him. Iam sorry Fedor for ever doubting you, and your dominance. I will never doubt you again. You are the best.

I think Fedor is a secret member of the Playground so I hope he reads this, and forgives me.

Seriously, Fedor showed why not to doubt him, and why he is the best. I look forward to his next fight, and hope it is soon.
soundboy1
7/20/08 5:38:24PM
I think it's a tie between Fedor and Silva. I'm not going to lie I did take Fedor out of my top spot. That was only after the hong choi fight. At that time Silva was ripping apart the UFC and Fedor was doing god knows what, probaly contract meetings with dana. But after last night's fights they were both ewually amazing. The only difference for me was that I had absolutely no doubt about the silva fight. I was a little scared about Fedor's fight....So for me it's a tie and will remain that way until one of them loses.