Official Fantasy Football Sit 'Em/Start 'Em & Advice Thread

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Official Fantasy Football Sit 'Em/Start 'Em & Advice Thread
« Previous Page | Next Page »
SpiderSilva
11/7/12 4:34:44PM

Posted by Bubbles

Team 1: 0.5 PPR league
K: Vinateri (@ Jags) or Graham (@ Bears)
TE2: Scott Chandler (@ Patriots) or Greg Olson (vs Broncos)

Team 2: 1 PPR league
W/T flex: Gates (@ Bucs), Heyward-Bay (@ Ravens), or Nate Washington (@ Dolphins)

Team 3:
W/R flex: Torrey Smith (vs Raiders), McGahee (@ Panthers), or Vick Ballard (@ Jags)

#1 Greg Olson or chandler. Both Ds give up some yards.
#2gates ain't worth chit H-B will be shut down. Dolphins give up a ton of passing yards.
#3 easy Torrey Smith vs a chitty chitty D.
SpiderSilva
11/7/12 4:36:18PM
#2 RB for me.

Oak RB Reece

Or

Atl RB Jaquez Rogers
SpiderSilva
11/7/12 8:24:32PM

Posted by SpiderSilva

#2 RB for me.

Oak RB Reece

Or

Atl RB Jaquez Rogers

Could pick up woodhead NE is playing Buf
Bubbles
11/7/12 8:39:11PM

Posted by SpiderSilva

Posted by SpiderSilva

#2 RB for me.

Oak RB Reece

Or

Atl RB Jaquez Rogers

Could pick up woodhead NE is playing Buf

Reece if he gets the nod. Every other RB is hurt so he'll get his touches. Rogers only gets lots of touches in garbage time, and with this being a strong divisional game where it could end the Saints season, I don't see this being a blowout. If it's a PPR then take Woodhead over Rogers. He won't get many carries (Ridley and Vereen will get almost all of them), but Woodhead has caught 4-5 passes each of the last 3 weeks. He could be what Bolden was last time they played Buffalo. He would be my option if Reece isn't the starter
SpiderSilva
11/7/12 9:32:00PM
What about chancing it and leaving Mendenhall as my #2???
mkiv9secsupra
11/7/12 10:02:59PM
Need a second option at WR. ANYTHING will help at this point.

My team is taking a beating. im 8-1 so im basically in the playoffs but i still dont wanna lose lol

STARTERS
QB - Matt Ryan
RB - Ryan Mathews
RB - Rashad Jennings
WR - Brandon Lloyd (Q)
WR - Percy Harvin (Q)
TE - Jimmy Graham
FLEX - Stevan Ridley

BENCH
WR - Larry Fitzgerald BYE
WR - Jordy Nelson (Q)
RB - MJD (O)
RB - Demarco Murray (D)
RB - Alex Green BYE
TE - Owen Daniels

Harvin is basicall out this week even tho he isnt officially listed as out. but ive got no one to put in. its either nothing or waiver wire

PPR LEAGUE
SpiderSilva
11/7/12 10:05:37PM
I was checking out Donald Jones from Buffalo. seems to be getting a ton of balls his way. Plus they are about to play a few crappy pass Ds
Bubbles
11/7/12 10:51:13PM
That's a tough call. Green might be the only player you can drop without feeling too bad, unless you have 2 kickers or something. What top WR are on the waiver wire? Jones isn't a terrible option, but Fitzpatrick sucks. His #1 WR (Stevie Johnson) is barely getting 50 ypg!! There are better options out there

SpiderSilva, check the reports around 11am - noon on Sunday for a better idea of who's starting. Mendenhall isn't 100% and Redman is coming off a 150 yard game so he will get the bulk of carries imo. I'd grab Woodhead just in case and play it by ear
Bubbles
11/7/12 10:52:55PM

Posted by SpiderSilva

Posted by Bubbles
Team 3:
W/R flex: Torrey Smith (vs Raiders), McGahee (@ Panthers), or Vick Ballard (@ Jags)

Any other advice for my team 3? I could use all the tips I can get as I am in 5th playing the top team and I'm 2 games back of him. I just read that Baltimore wants to get their 3rd and 4th WR a few more plays a game which could cut into Smith's looks.
mkiv9secsupra
11/7/12 10:57:17PM

Posted by Bubbles

That's a tough call. Green might be the only player you can drop without feeling too bad, unless you have 2 kickers or something. What top WR are on the waiver wire? Jones isn't a terrible option, but Fitzpatrick sucks. His #1 WR (Stevie Johnson) is barely getting 50 ypg!! There are better options out there

I can pick up Sidney Rice, Nate Washington, Davone Bess, or Kevin Ogletree...

Bubbles
11/7/12 11:09:48PM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by Bubbles

I can pick up Sidney Rice, Nate Washington, Davone Bess, or Kevin Ogletree...

I don't think you can go wrong with either Rice or Washington, but Rice seems to be a little more consistent.
SpiderSilva
11/8/12 6:39:48AM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by SpiderSilva

Posted by Bubbles
Team 3:

Any other advice for my team 3? I could use all the tips I can get as I am in 5th playing the top team and I'm 2 games back of him. I just read that Baltimore wants to get their 3rd and 4th WR a few more plays a game which could cut into Smith's looks.

Mcgahee is getting less and less relevant in the Broncos offence. They seem to want Ronnie hillman to get more and more plays.

Ballard vs one of the worst run Ds.

My mistake. Go with Ballard. I'm betting he gets 15 points.
airkerma
11/8/12 2:42:09PM
Once again in no need of assistance, this time because I have virtually nobody who can play in one of my leagues and I'm at the point where I had to pick up Battle and Draughn in order to complete my roster. Injuries and bis on the same week
Bubbles
11/8/12 5:21:23PM

Posted by SpiderSilva

Mcgahee is getting less and less relevant in the Broncos offence. They seem to want Ronnie hillman to get more and more plays.

McGahee has 23 carries each of the last 2 games...
Michael_Corleone
11/9/12 1:55:51AM

Posted by jakewalters

1-2 matchup in the MMAPG league next week

Indeed, top bragging rights are at stake this week. May the best team win.
SpiderSilva
11/11/12 4:54:46PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by SpiderSilva

Mcgahee fumbling his way out of denver
Bubbles
11/11/12 7:26:23PM

Posted by SpiderSilva

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by SpiderSilva

except when he has 100+ yard games when Manning isn't throwing for 300 yards vs crappy defenses...

either way, Torrey Smith was the better play by far
SpiderSilva
11/12/12 7:13:47PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by SpiderSilva

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by SpiderSilva

except when he has 100+ yard games when Manning isn't throwing for 300 yards vs crappy defenses...

either way, Torrey Smith was the better play by far

more like 50+ a game. He is old and is starting to slow down being used so much. He is more like a 3rd down back being used full time.
Bubbles
11/14/12 4:58:32PM

Posted by SpiderSilva
more like 50+ a game. He is old and is starting to slow down being used so much. He is more like a 3rd down back being used full time.

I was referring to total yards from scrimmage and hes around the 100 mark most of the time. But you do have more insight than I do as I can only look at #s and whenever I can watch them
Bubbles
11/14/12 5:07:12PM
I need all the help I can get for this week. If I win this week I will automatically move to 2nd place as the top 2 teams are playing each other and I have more points than both of them in 3rd place. Eli and Cruz are on a bye (not like they have done much the last 2 weeks anyways) and Cutler is doubtful for Monday...and with this being a 2 QB league, I'm probably screwed. Please help

pick 2 QBs: Campbell, if Cutler can't go (@ 49ers), Cassell (vs Bengals), Leftwich (vs Ravens)
1 RB, 1 WR, 1 W/R flex: Reggie Bush (@ Bills), McGahee (vs Chargers), Denarius Moore (vs Saints), Torrey Smith (@ Steelers), Danny Amendola (vs Jets).

I'm leaning towards Campbell, Leftwich, Bush, Moore, and Amendola. I cannot make a trade because the league vetoes every single trade (9 have been accepted, 7 legitimately fair, 9 vetoes) so I'm stuck with this.
kopower
11/14/12 6:23:13PM

Posted by Bubbles

I need all the help I can get for this week. If I win this week I will automatically move to 2nd place as the top 2 teams are playing each other and I have more points than both of them in 3rd place. Eli and Cruz are on a bye (not like they have done much the last 2 weeks anyways) and Cutler is doubtful for Monday...and with this being a 2 QB league, I'm probably screwed. Please help

pick 2 QBs: Campbell, if Cutler can't go (@ 49ers), Cassell (vs Bengals), Leftwich (vs Ravens)
1 RB, 1 WR, 1 W/R flex: Reggie Bush (@ Bills), McGahee (vs Chargers), Denarius Moore (vs Saints), Torrey Smith (@ Steelers), Danny Amendola (vs Jets).

I'm leaning towards Campbell, Leftwich, Bush, Moore, and Amendola. I cannot make a trade because the league vetoes every single trade (9 have been accepted, 7 legitimately fair, 9 vetoes) so I'm stuck with this.

Brutal two qb's. I'd maybe go Cassell and Leftwich. Gotta go Bush, Moore, and Smith. Moore should have a big game against the Saints crappy defense.

Now mine. I also have Cruz on a bye, and already have Moore going against the Saints. For my second, go with Hartline vs the Bills D, or hope that Jordy Nelson's hammy is ok, and play him vs the Lions?
Bubbles
11/14/12 10:46:46PM
yeah, somehow Rice, Gonzo, Colston and Houston's DST has kept me afloat with a shitty deal with my 2nd QB. I was two picks away from having both Eli and Ryan (I had 1st pick in the draft and took Rice instead of Rodgers ) so I was stuck with Cutler as the next best option not believing in Peyton's neck and avoiding Romo.

Do you have any other options at WR? Nelson is clearly the better choice, but if you wait and find out he won't play or will be limited then you could be screwed. Buffalo's defense is atrocious so I think Hartline is a safe play.
jakewalters
11/15/12 12:46:39PM

Posted by Bubbles

Are there any QB's going up against horrible D's this week on free agency? And I agree with all those picks actually, except for going with T Smith over Amendola.

What QB's are on FAs? I dont trust Campbell or Leftwich much at all.
Bubbles
11/15/12 1:57:20PM
10 team league, start 2 QBs, assume each team has a backup so there's 30+ QBs taken. All that is left is Skelton and Kolb (@ Falcons, Skelton likely starter), Russell Wilson (on bye but put waiver claim in), Brady Quinn, and Tim Tebow...along with most backups and 3rd string QBs
SpiderSilva
11/15/12 4:07:02PM
HELP!

Heyword bey vs NO

Or

Donald Jones vs Miami?
Bubbles
11/15/12 5:06:47PM
Heyward-Bay for sure. Jones doesn't get targeted enough for me to be confident in. He's had a nice couple weeks, but NO's defense is even worse than Buffalo's so HB will get lots of yards in a shootout

Any insight on my new problem? I'm pretty sure you will say no to McGahee
SpiderSilva
11/15/12 8:08:33PM

Posted by Bubbles

Heyward-Bay for sure. Jones doesn't get targeted enough for me to be confident in. He's had a nice couple weeks, but NO's defense is even worse than Buffalo's so HB will get lots of yards in a shootout

Targeted 10 times last week.
SpiderSilva
11/15/12 8:11:32PM

Posted by Bubbles

10 team league, start 2 QBs, assume each team has a backup so there's 30+ QBs taken. All that is left is Skelton and Kolb (@ Falcons, Skelton likely starter), Russell Wilson (on bye but put waiver claim in), Brady Quinn, and Tim Tebow...along with most backups and 3rd string QBs

I'd pick up Kolb. He has some decent options to choose from. Also at first I was thinking Cassel because of the D their playing and he will probably get planty of garbage yards/maybe even a TD pass. But......... Cambel might do well as he has a sold team around him. On a side note when players get hurt like QBs teams seem to step up the first game without.

Bush might have a good game but he seems to be losing reps to this Thomas kid. From what I'm hearing the Broncos might start looking at their 3rd back if Mcgahee fumbles again. I'd go with bush because his receiving option and could break one.
Amudallah is going to light up the JETS

Hope that helps
Bubbles
11/15/12 8:42:37PM

Posted by SpiderSilva

Posted by Bubbles

hes gone over 50 yards 3 times this season. He's had 2 decent games the last 2 weeks but previous to that he's been largely ineffective. He gets a lot of garbage time catches too.
SpiderSilva
11/15/12 9:00:22PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by SpiderSilva

Posted by Bubbles

hes gone over 50 yards 3 times this season. He's had 2 decent games the last 2 weeks but previous to that he's been largely ineffective. He gets a lot of garbage time catches too.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7