Official Fantasy Football Sit 'Em/Start 'Em & Advice Thread

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Official Fantasy Football Sit 'Em/Start 'Em & Advice Thread
« Previous Page | Next Page »
Poor_Franklin
10/23/12 7:46:25PM
i would take Miami or Detroit, but honestly, i hate giving my fantasy opinion bc im so awful at it
kopower
10/23/12 10:47:06PM
Looking to trade Miles Austin for either A. Morris or Chris Johnson. Thoughts? I'm solid at WR with Jordy Nelson and Julio Jones. I'm ok at rb with Foster, D. Martin, and M. Leshoure. Morris has been solid all year, and Johnson has had a few good weeks in a row now. Do I take a high risk, high reward with Johnson, or more safe play with Morris? I also have RG3 though.
kopower
10/23/12 10:48:43PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

i would take Miami or Detroit, but honestly, i hate giving my fantasy opinion bc im so awful at it

I'd go Miami. They have a solid D, and the game is more than likely going to be lower scoring.
Bubbles
10/24/12 12:13:35AM

Posted by kopower

Looking to trade Miles Austin for either A. Morris or Chris Johnson. Thoughts? I'm solid at WR with Jordy Nelson and Julio Jones. I'm ok at rb with Foster, D. Martin, and M. Leshoure. Morris has been solid all year, and Johnson has had a few good weeks in a row now. Do I take a high risk, high reward with Johnson, or more safe play with Morris? I also have RG3 though.

CJ's value is too high atm, most owners will want a lot for him thinking hes back to his pre-contract form. I'd take Morris of those two. Maybe try for Reggie Bush? CJ always torches Buffalo so take that with a grain of salt
Poor_Franklin
10/24/12 4:43:05AM
here is another i am stuck on. i have yet to see the Jets or the Chiefs play this season, so i have no clue how the teams are playing.

both are projected to get 7 points, but i need one to be my 3rd WR. who will give me more points?'

Chiefs Dwayne Bowe vs OAK
or
Jets Jeremy Kerley vs MIA

Bubbles
10/24/12 10:12:22AM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

here is another i am stuck on. i have yet to see the Jets or the Chiefs play this season, so i have no clue how the teams are playing.

both are projected to get 7 points, but i need one to be my 3rd WR. who will give me more points?'

Chiefs Dwayne Bowe vs OAK
or
Jets Jeremy Kerley vs MIA

Brady Quinn is the starting QB this week, but even so I would probably still take Bowe. Miami plays well vs the Jets and wants redemption for blowing their week 2 meeting. Kerley has alternated good and bad week all season (fantasy points wise) and only had 2 catches in his last game vs Miami (albeit one was a 66 yard TD). NE's pass D is shit so I doubt another 120 yard game will occur. Keller is back now and will get a bunch of looks in the redzone. Bowe and Quinn had an entire bye week to get on the same page and Oakland's opp QB rating is 99.5 and gives up a lot of points
Kpro
10/24/12 10:20:31AM
FLEX: LaMont Jordan or Priest Holmes?
emfleek
10/24/12 10:56:47AM

Posted by Kpro

I'd rather see Holmes flex. I think he works out.

Neil Rackers for the win!
Bubbles
10/24/12 10:57:40AM

Posted by Kpro

Edgerrin James
airkerma
10/24/12 1:45:46PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by kopower

CJ's value is too high atm, most owners will want a lot for him thinking hes back to his pre-contract form. I'd take Morris of those two. Maybe try for Reggie Bush? CJ always torches Buffalo so take that with a grain of salt

I feel that Bush is too inconsistent and should only be your last option when building your roster. Morris has been money all year, but I'm biased because he has been racking up the points for me. The only issue I see is having two big players from the same team, with RG3 in your lineup.
BuffaloDave
10/24/12 3:36:39PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Kpro

Edgerrin James

Shaun Alexander
kopower
10/26/12 11:20:54PM
Brees or P. Manning? They are facing each other
Bubbles
10/26/12 11:42:06PM

Posted by kopower

Brees or P. Manning? They are facing each other

Brees but not by much. Denver has a more balanced attack while NO is like 90% pass.
Kpro
10/27/12 4:50:00AM
This is my $1,000 league and I am indecisive as shit which doesn't happen much for me in fantasy football but every week is a must win in big money leagues so I welcome some other eyes. Here's the lowdown:

Regular scoring, 10 team H2H league.

Set:
RB - Adrian Peterson (already played)
WR - Antonio Brown (at home against the worst passing defense in the NFL)

Remaining:
RB
FLEX
WR

Who of these 6 would you fill those 3 spots with?

RB - Trent Richardson (Set to try andplay through his rib injury but like last week, a hit could take him out early. Facing SD, the #2 run D in the NFL)
RB - Mikel Leshoure (at home vs. a tough Seahawks run D... Seahawks will likely be without nickel D-lineman Jason Jones which would help slightly)
RB - Pierre Thomas (Gets the most carries in the NO backfield, gets action receiving also and goal-line work now, NO coaching makes any RB inconsistent, has a plus matchup @DEN)

WR - Kenny Britt (at home against IND with Hasselbeck under center, IND tight on passing yardage allowed, but give up passing TD's in spades, drew double teams all game last week tho)
WR - Brandon Lloyd (Aaron Hernandez not in London which should tick up Lloyd's targets, under-performing this year, I know he'll play but Patriots list him Questionable. STL could Cortland him all game like he got Cromartie'd last week)
WR - Josh Gordon (at home against SD, who is a team you attack through the air as they're on of the bottom 6 teams against the pass, 4 TD's in the last 3 games and amazingly could've/should've been 6 or 7)
Bubbles
10/27/12 12:23:54PM
RB: Leshoure - only effective Lion vs the Bears D, and Bears D > Seahawks D
WR: Lloyd - he was targeted like 9 times last week. He will get his looks again with Hernandez out and Gronk not 100%. Brady always seems to go apeshit passing after a loss so I expect the same here
Flex: Thomas - Thomas should get at least 70 total yards as Denver gives up a lot of yards. Gordon, much like every Browns receiver, drops at least 2 passes a game. Richardson is hurt and I don't like that matchup (healthy TR = auto start vs anyone though). Britt is my alternative here but Indy has played much better D as of late (minus the Jets fiasco). If BUFFALO can hold him to 40 yards, Indy should do the same. I like the potential points that Thomas offers than the rest
Playground_Samurai
10/27/12 9:36:53PM
Edit
Playground_Samurai
10/27/12 9:42:15PM
Standard league scoring. Start 1.

Antonio Brown against Redskins ranked last (i think) against the pass
Randall Cobb against Jaguars and Jennings is out again
Julio Jones against Eagles

Rest of the lineup is

Qb - Matt Ryan
Rb - Chris Johnson
Rb - Alfred Morris
flex - Darren Mcfadden
Wr - Brandon Marshall
Wr - ?
Te - Jermichael Finley since hernandez is out
K - Matt Bryant
D - Bears

Also have Luck against the Titans on the bench. Is starting Ryan over him the right choice?
Bubbles
10/27/12 9:57:53PM
I would sit CJ and move Run DMC to the RB. Play both Cobb and Jones...Nelson might not dress so keep an eye out. If he doesn't play, Cobb is a must. Otherwise your choice between CJ and Cobb
Playground_Samurai
10/27/12 11:32:58PM

Posted by Bubbles

I would sit CJ and move Run DMC to the RB. Play both Cobb and Jones...Nelson might not dress so keep an eye out. If he doesn't play, Cobb is a must. Otherwise your choice between CJ and Cobb

Im not going to sit cj right now. he's hot right now and going against another shit run d. you're right about definitely starting Cobb if nelson is out. i guess its coming down to Cobb and brown for me.
airkerma
10/30/12 3:05:33PM
Dennis Pitta vs Jacob Tamme? Pitta plays Cleveland and Tamme plays Cinci. Though I hate to say it, both of them suck, so I'm not sure if it's the Bungals or the Brownholers who suck more in this situation.
Bubbles
10/30/12 6:02:50PM

Posted by airkerma

Dennis Pitta vs Jacob Tamme? Pitta plays Cleveland and Tamme plays Cinci. Though I hate to say it, both of them suck, so I'm not sure if it's the Bungals or the Brownholers who suck more in this situation.

it has more to do with their QB and their options. Manning has the entire offense to pass to, Flacco has 2.5 WR (I consider Jacoby Jones a .5) and Ray Rice. I'd say Pitta but check waivers for better options
Bubbles
10/30/12 6:06:51PM

Posted by Playground_Samurai

Posted by Bubbles

Im not going to sit cj right now. he's hot right now and going against another shit run d. you're right about definitely starting Cobb if nelson is out. i guess its coming down to Cobb and brown for me.

Looks like CJ outplayed Cobb...I hope you played Jones though
Poor_Franklin
10/30/12 9:16:23PM
i have 12 hours to accept this trade

Me give away:
Antonio Gates SD TE

Me get:
Rashad Jennings JAX RB
Anquan Boldin BAL WR

I already have Heath Miller, so I can trade Gates if the value is right.
Besides McFadden, my other 2 RBs are Michael Bush & Alex Green.

question 1: is the value right?
question 2: would i be an idiot for trading Gates?
question 3: do i want Rashad Jennings at all?
SpiderSilva
10/30/12 9:31:19PM
Has Gates really done anything worth holding him in such a high praise this year?

Trade em. Phillips is playing like shit and 1 good game in 7 isn't worth it. Do it before the other guy figures it out. He still has some name value
SpiderSilva
10/30/12 9:35:09PM
Boldin is producing good numbers.

With MJD out these last 2 games have been okay for Jennings.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Bubbles
10/30/12 9:39:28PM
Jennings has limited value and Boldin is feast or famine (mostly feast with yards). Gates has only 1 above average game this year and the upcoming schedule isn't very favourable. I expected Rivers to have a bounceback year but it's not looking likely, although it will be better than last. I say do the trade. Jennings will be solid for another 2-4 weeks and Boldin is far more reliable than Gates with a favourable schedule.

imo, accept this trade asap
Poor_Franklin
10/31/12 4:13:01AM
while at work, i figured the same as you guys. thanks for the help!
BuffaloDave
10/31/12 12:32:33PM

Posted by Bubbles

imo, accept this trade asap

Definitely make the trade, You're fine with Miller, Big Ben is still looking for him, especially in the red zone.
jakewalters
10/31/12 12:36:15PM
Just been offered this:

I send away:

Jimmy Graham
Torrey Smith
Mike Williams (TB)

in return I get:

Rob Gronkowski
AJ Green

---

Wat do
BuffaloDave
10/31/12 12:46:38PM
I have 1st place all to myself in Fleek's league, my team takes a big hit with byes this week Welker, Gronk, San Fran D, Gore, and Crabtree all sitting.

I picked up Cecil Shorts, Donald Brown and S.D. Def.

Still need another RB options are,
Ronnie Brown vs. KC, he doesn't run much but gets a few catches a game
J. Bell vs. Jac.
Dexter McCluster vs. Det
Jac Rodgers vs. Dallas

Also for Tight End, I have Scott Chandler in there now, but the Bills play Houston, and I doubt Fitz will be able to do much against them, but part of me feels that he will be dumping the ball real quick and Chandler might have a 6-8 catch day. Available are,

Mercedes Lewis vs. Det
Zach Miller vs. Minny
Dallas Clark vs. Oak

Funny how these guys are FA's now!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7