Official Fantasy Football Sit 'Em/Start 'Em & Advice Thread

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Official Fantasy Football Sit 'Em/Start 'Em & Advice Thread
Next Page »
jakewalters
10/7/12 11:45:31AM
Figured I'd start one up for anyone with roster dilemmas on their fantasy football team.

Here's my dilemma today. Matt Forte is probable against the Jags with a bum ankle. Michael Bush already vultures TD's from a 100% healthy Forte, but should I start Bush over Forte this week?
BelXavier420
10/7/12 12:12:37PM
With Jacksonville's terrible run defense I see Forte tearing it up. I would start him.
941_Florida_Boy
10/7/12 1:02:27PM
just don't play Mark Sanchez OR Tim Tebow and you should be good

i can't stand my Jets this year
kopower
10/7/12 4:02:51PM
I have a trade question to ask the pg'ers. I have Gronk and T. Gonzalez. I've started Gronk every week, but with the way Gonzalez, and Ryan are playing, I'm considering trading Gronk. Smart or dumb move?

Looking to get a rb in return. I have Mccoy, BGE, and D. Martin. I'm good on receivers, and ok at qb. No flex spot.
jakewalters
10/7/12 4:38:03PM

Posted by kopower

I have a trade question to ask the pg'ers. I have Gronk and T. Gonzalez. I've started Gronk every week, but with the way Gonzalez, and Ryan are playing, I'm considering trading Gronk. Smart or dumb move?

Looking to get a rb in return. I have Mccoy, BGE, and D. Martin. I'm good on receivers, and ok at qb. No flex spot.

Makes sense to me. You could get a good RB if you offered BGW and Gronk for somelike like a J Charles.

I'm facing the same dilemma in another league. Have Matt Ryan and Drew Brees and may look to trade Brees for an elite RB/WR
Bubbles
10/8/12 7:31:57PM

Posted by jakewalters

I'm facing the same dilemma in another league. Have Matt Ryan and Drew Brees and may look to trade Brees for an elite RB/WR

Last week I traded Rodgers and Jennings for Megatron and Steve Smith. Then he goes off for 7 TDs in 2 games after doing shit all first 3 weeks. Thankfully I have Matt Ryan as my new starter after sitting him for first 3 weeks and watching 25+ points sit on the bench.

Hasn't paid off for me yet (lost last week, won this week), but the other guy has lost both games and I leaped over him
Bubbles
10/8/12 7:33:37PM

Posted by kopower

Hernandez is back so see what you can get for Gronk.
BuffaloDave
10/9/12 4:55:41PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by kopower

Hernandez is back so see what you can get for Gronk.

I would definitely look into trading Gronk, since Gonzo is playing like he's still 25 yrs old, plus you have Ryan so dbl points on TD's.
Bubbles
10/9/12 8:43:30PM
Houston or Green Bay DST this week? They play each other. Or should I drop GB and pick up Miami (vs Rams), Buffalo (vs Cardinals), Cinci (vs Browns), or Tampa (vs KC)?

I'm already using either Quinn or Cassel in my QB #2 spot so I need all the help I can get
jakewalters
10/9/12 9:49:20PM

Posted by Bubbles

Houston or Green Bay DST this week? They play each other. Or should I drop GB and pick up Miami (vs Rams), Buffalo (vs Cardinals), Cinci (vs Browns), or Tampa (vs KC)?

I'm already using either Quinn or Cassel in my QB #2 spot so I need all the help I can get

I'd start Houston D/ST. Green Bay hasn't scored more than Chicago OR Detroit this season
BuffaloDave
10/10/12 3:42:32PM
Need a QB since Brees is on Bye and Locker is still hurt.

Options are, Weeden vs. Cinci, Palmer vs. ATL, Tannehill vs. STL, Hasslebeck vs. Pit, Kolb vs. Buff, Quinn vs. Tampa, and Sanchez vs. Indy

Kolb sticks out to me because of the horrible horrible defense Buffalo is playing, plus the Cards are down a few RB's forcing Kolb to throw more. I just have a feeling that it's gonna be a statement game by Buffalo here.

Also don't really see Hass. or Palmer doing anything versus those two Defenses.
jakewalters
10/10/12 4:11:43PM

Posted by BuffaloDave

Options are, Weeden vs. Cinci, Palmer vs. ATL, Tannehill vs. STL, Hasslebeck vs. Pit, Kolb vs. Buff, Quinn vs. Tampa, and Sanchez vs. Indy

Kolb sticks out to me because of the horrible horrible defense Buffalo is playing, plus the Cards are down a few RB's forcing Kolb to throw more. I just have a feeling that it's gonna be a statement game by Buffalo here.

As much as I hate to say it, my Bucs' pass defense is weak. Giving up almost 350 yds thru the air per game. If Quinn has a breakout game this week, itll be this one.
BuffaloDave
10/10/12 4:41:39PM

Posted by jakewalters

Posted by BuffaloDave

As much as I hate to say it, my Bucs' pass defense is weak. Giving up almost 350 yds thru the air per game. If Quinn has a breakout game this week, itll be this one.

I am strongly considering him, wanted Freeman too, as KC does give up passing TD's, but someone scooped him up earlier.
Bubbles
10/10/12 7:41:52PM
initially I would say Palmer because they will be in such a deep hole early that he will need to pass a lot. But Kolb would be my pick. Buffalo hasn't had a statement game defensively since they played Washington in week 7 last year...I'm pretty sure Kolb can put up at least 230 yards with 2 TDs with maybe a pick. Decent #s for a 1 game starter.

Has Cassel been ruled out yet? Last I heard it's still speculative
BuffaloDave
10/10/12 9:05:56PM

Posted by Bubbles

initially I would say Palmer because they will be in such a deep hole early that he will need to pass a lot. But Kolb would be my pick. Buffalo hasn't had a statement game defensively since they played Washington in week 7 last year...I'm pretty sure Kolb can put up at least 230 yards with 2 TDs with maybe a pick. Decent #s for a 1 game starter.

Has Cassel been ruled out yet? Last I heard it's still speculative

ATL's D is pretty nasty though, it's definitely a roll of the dice with Palmer on any given Sunday.

Cassel still hasn't been cleared to practice yet, so it seems like he will most likely sit, plus they have a bye next week, so they might just go safe route and give him the extra week to rest and let's them see what Quinn's got just in case they had any QB speculation, since Cassel really hasn't done jack this season.
Bubbles
10/10/12 11:16:16PM
great, my backup QB in my 2 QB league is concussed...and Quinn was nabbed by someone with a higher waiver # than me Now I gotta hope RG3 doesn't play otherwise I'll have to get SF's backup and hope he runs one in.
Poor_Franklin
10/17/12 6:07:03PM
im in 2 leagues. in one, i'm 4-2. in the other, i'm 0-6. im still active in the 0-6 league, trying to play the ultimate spoiler role, so i need some qb advice this week.

would you start Stafford @CHI, projected to get 15 pts, or would you start Ponder at home vs ARI, projected to get 14?

my first instincts say Ponder, but Stafford finds ways to put points up, even in awful games
ChrisSabal
10/17/12 6:30:43PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

im in 2 leagues. in one, i'm 4-2. in the other, i'm 0-6. im still active in the 0-6 league, trying to play the ultimate spoiler role, so i need some qb advice this week.

would you start Stafford @CHI, projected to get 15 pts, or would you start Ponder at home vs ARI, projected to get 14?

my first instincts say Ponder, but Stafford finds ways to put points up, even in awful games

Bears secondary is pretty damn solid this year. Bears defense all together will get at least 1 turnover away from Stafford. I would go with Ponder against the Cards.
ChrisSabal
10/17/12 6:36:10PM
QB - RG3
WR - Fitz
WR - DeMaryius Thomas
RB - Ray Rice
RB - Reggie Bush
TE - Jimmy Graham
W/T - Greg Jennings
W/R - Mike Williams

Bench: DeAngelo Williams
Bench: Brian Hartline
Bench: Michael Vick
Bench: Brandon Myers

K: Justin Tucker

DEF: Vikings

Anyone recommend anything to help my team? I am 3-2 and my team, although on paper looks great, hasn't been performing.
BuffaloDave
10/17/12 6:39:16PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Chi. is coming off a bye so they're well rested, have to take that in affect. I think I would go Ponder, it took Stafford awhile to get going last week, plus the TD's aren't there for him this year. Chi also has 13 ints. With Ponder you have him building off that game in Washington where he threw for like 350, plus he is a threat to run the ball too, picking you you up more points.
BuffaloDave
10/17/12 6:48:02PM

Posted by ChrisSabal

QB - RG3
WR - Fitz
WR - DeMaryius Thomas
RB - Ray Rice
RB - Reggie Bush
TE - Jimmy Graham
W/T - Greg Jennings
W/R - Mike Williams

Anyone recommend anything to help my team? I am 3-2 and my team, although on paper looks great, hasn't been performing.

Maybe try and package Mike Williams and Vick for a RB for your slot spot, if the league is a PPR.
ChrisSabal
10/17/12 6:52:15PM

Posted by BuffaloDave

Posted by ChrisSabal

QB - RG3
WR - Fitz
WR - DeMaryius Thomas
RB - Ray Rice
RB - Reggie Bush
TE - Jimmy Graham
W/T - Greg Jennings
W/R - Mike Williams

Maybe try and package Mike Williams and Vick for a RB for your slot spot, if the league is a PPR.

It is a PPR league and I like your idea. So I proposed some trades.
Poor_Franklin
10/17/12 7:05:19PM
lol thanks for the advice guys. i had a brain fart & forget to check the FAs & saw Josh Freeman sitting out there so had to take him, especially against the Saints. but i do agree, i wouldve had to start Ponder
ChrisSabal
10/17/12 7:55:34PM
I was able to trade Mike Williams for Chris Johnson. Johnson should finally have a big game against the Bills this week. Both players are inconsistent so I figured I'd take the risk plus I needed another RB.
Bubbles
10/21/12 3:03:42AM
Torrey Smith (vs Texans) or Denarius Moore (vs Jags) for my flex?
BuffaloDave
10/21/12 12:38:18PM

Posted by Bubbles

Torrey Smith (vs Texans) or Denarius Moore (vs Jags) for my flex?

I'd say Moore, Flacco is no Rodgers, noway does he go off on the Texans' D like Rodgers did.
Bubbles
10/21/12 11:41:45PM
Thankfully Moore got that TD otherwise it was even. Flacco was throwing almost all game so Smith should have had a decent day...what a stinker

Stupid moves of the week:
1) Dropped Andre Roberts for Denarius Moore off waiver claim. Roberts did dick all lately and Moore's coming off a big week...lost about 7 points
2) Benched Cinci's DST in favour of Buffalo...lost 8 points
Bubbles
10/23/12 11:32:31AM
My DST is on a bye this week (Houston) so my next best options on waivers are:
Detroit (vs Seattle)
Miami (@ NYJ)
NYJ (vs Miami)
Washington (@ Pittsburgh)
St Louis (vs NE)
Poor_Franklin
10/23/12 3:38:43PM
both of these are getting essentially the same projections, so im not sure who i am starting this weekend

TE Heath Miller vs WAS or Antonio Gates @ CLE?
DST Packers vs JAX or Falcons @ PHI?
Bubbles
10/23/12 7:26:35PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

both of these are getting essentially the same projections, so im not sure who i am starting this weekend

TE Heath Miller vs WAS or Antonio Gates @ CLE?
DST Packers vs JAX or Falcons @ PHI?

Gates and Packers imo. Rivers needs a bounceback game and I can see Gates getting 65 yards and a TD. Jacksonville will be without MJD most likely and Gabbert is banged up...he's already a below average QB healthy.

now answer my question!!!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7