The OFFICIAL "What are you eating" thread.

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » The OFFICIAL "What are you eating" thread.
« Previous Page | Next Page »
Svartorm
6/21/12 6:44:32PM

Posted by scoozna

Turkey Club sandwich. mmmmm bacon.

I just have to say that I have a real problem with Quiznos. Their food tastes ok. The stores around here measure the chicken they'll put on your sandwich in a little cup, and they wouldn't dare put any more than that little cup of chicken in your sandwich....noooo that would be toooo muuuuuch.

Hate to tell you, but every place does this, delis included. Most places are just a bit more secretive about it. Subway, for instance, sets their slicer to an exact thickness and use block form meats so a certain number of slices equals a certain weight.

As an example of why:

Pre-cooked chicken is about $3lb

Put an extra half an ounce of chicken on a sandwich: 9 cents

Make 50 chicken sandwiches a day: $4.70

Every day for a year: $1,700

It adds up!

KungFuMaster
6/21/12 6:44:35PM

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by Budgellism

Just set up the marinade for the chicken I'm bbqing later

You're making my mouth water right now. I love barbecuing.

Turned that chicken into a grilled chicken salad which I'm enjoying right now.

I love sitting out back and bbqing up anything that I can. I'm trying grilled Salmon tomorrow. I've only ever fried or baked salmon before but a guy from work told me how good it was and I couldn't resist.

I have never grilled salmon before either. I only bake, smoke, or fry it with butter and light seasoning. Salmon is the best tasting fish IMO and I pay an arm and a leg for them in my town. $10 a lb on average and if I'm lucky - $7 a lb. Damn - I'm salivating right now.
warglory
6/21/12 6:56:08PM
I will be enjoying teriyaki something or other at a hibachi in about an hour.
kopower
6/21/12 11:58:48PM

Posted by Budgellism

Nice. Threw some kabobs on the grill tonight, with peppers and onions. Tossed some bbq sauce on everything, and had a side of potato salad, and broccoli.
KungFuMaster
6/22/12 12:38:36AM
I had some slow cooked ribs marinated with premium oyster sauce. Just got done with it.
Budgellism
6/22/12 1:03:21AM

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by Budgellism

I love sitting out back and bbqing up anything that I can. I'm trying grilled Salmon tomorrow. I've only ever fried or baked salmon before but a guy from work told me how good it was and I couldn't resist.

I have never grilled salmon before either. I only bake, smoke, or fry it with butter and light seasoning. Salmon is the best tasting fish IMO and I pay an arm and a leg for them in my town. $10 a lb on average and if I'm lucky - $7 a lb. Damn - I'm salivating right now.

Salmon is delicious, especially smoked.

Have you had Rainbow Trout before? It's my personal favourite fish. I like to throw some italian style bread crumbs on there and a little lemon juice then bake it in the oven.
KungFuMaster
6/22/12 1:29:15AM

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by Budgellism

Salmon is delicious, especially smoked.

Have you had Rainbow Trout before? It's my personal favourite fish. I like to throw some italian style bread crumbs on there and a little lemon juice then bake it in the oven.

I don't think our rainbow trouts are good tasting like yours in Canada. The ones I catch here are planters which are stocked by hatcheries and their color meat is white and not red like native trouts. But yes, I have had smoked, baked, and stew rainbow trouts before and it is ok for me. It's nothing like salmon for me.

Do rainbow trouts in your area taste like salmon? Trouts really are salmon after all.
DeadHead988
6/22/12 2:43:51AM
Tuna and egg whites... fuck weight cutting
Adrenaline
6/22/12 3:04:19AM

Posted by Budgellism

I feel like I could eat Subway for every meal for the rest of my life. Easily my favourite place to eat out at.

Subway ain't got nothing on Jimmy Johns in my opinion, don't know what it is about JJ's, but I can be absolutely stuffed to the point where its hard to breath but the second I finish I want another one, although I love a good subway I can't say I crave one right after finishing.

george112
6/22/12 6:49:04AM
Breakfast on a bun from Whataburger
Bubbles
6/22/12 7:42:41AM
well this is what I will be eating this weekend

Vagina
george112
6/22/12 7:55:05AM

Posted by Bubbles

Vagina

Lol
kopower
6/22/12 8:37:21AM

Posted by Bubbles

Vagina

Just be careful. Make sure it's washed and cleaned properly. Wouldn't want you getting sick from an unprepared vagina.
george112
6/22/12 8:58:23AM

Posted by kopower

Posted by Bubbles

Vagina

Just be careful. Make sure it's washed and cleaned properly. Wouldn't want you getting sick from an unprepared vagina.

^^^THIS

Also bald
KungFuMaster
6/22/12 10:46:27AM
Yeah, you don't want to get Vaginella.
Budgellism
6/22/12 3:34:23PM

Posted by Adrenaline

Posted by Budgellism

I feel like I could eat Subway for every meal for the rest of my life. Easily my favourite place to eat out at.

Subway ain't got nothing on Jimmy Johns in my opinion, don't know what it is about JJ's, but I can be absolutely stuffed to the point where its hard to breath but the second I finish I want another one, although I love a good subway I can't say I crave one right after finishing.

No Jimmy Johns here in Canada

You guys get all the good shit.
Budgellism
6/22/12 3:54:48PM

Posted by KungFuMaster

I don't think our rainbow trouts are good tasting like yours in Canada. The ones I catch here are planters which are stocked by hatcheries and their color meat is white and not red like native trouts. But yes, I have had smoked, baked, and stew rainbow trouts before and it is ok for me. It's nothing like salmon for me.

Do rainbow trouts in your area taste like salmon? Trouts really are salmon after all.

That must be the case then. My mouth waters just thinking about them. My entire family is from Newfoundland and I only get them from there. We have my nan and pop bring some down whenever they come to visit. The meat is pure pink.

They taste similar to salmon but I find the rainbow trout to be a bit more tender and it has a bit of a mild nutty taste. Salmon would have to be my 2nd choice for fish though. Very good stuff.
prophecy033
6/22/12 3:58:44PM
All-American dog, chili cheese tot and Strawberry Lime-Ade from Sonic
scoozna
6/22/12 4:21:13PM

Posted by Svartorm

Posted by scoozna

Turkey Club sandwich. mmmmm bacon.

I just have to say that I have a real problem with Quiznos. Their food tastes ok. The stores around here measure the chicken they'll put on your sandwich in a little cup, and they wouldn't dare put any more than that little cup of chicken in your sandwich....noooo that would be toooo muuuuuch.

Hate to tell you, but every place does this, delis included. Most places are just a bit more secretive about it. Subway, for instance, sets their slicer to an exact thickness and use block form meats so a certain number of slices equals a certain weight.

As an example of why:

Pre-cooked chicken is about $3lb

Put an extra half an ounce of chicken on a sandwich: 9 cents

Make 50 chicken sandwiches a day: $4.70

Every day for a year: $1,700

It adds up!

I'm not surprised about Subway, another chain. But Delis too? Maybe I'm kidding myself, but they seem to pack so much more into a sandwich. Maybe it's only if the owner isn't the one making the sandwiches!
KungFuMaster
6/23/12 12:24:56AM
I had 5 carne asadas (tacos for you Spanish illiterate folks). It was good and it could have been better if I had a beer to go with it.
KungFuMaster
6/23/12 12:31:12AM

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by KungFuMaster

That must be the case then. My mouth waters just thinking about them. My entire family is from Newfoundland and I only get them from there. We have my nan and pop bring some down whenever they come to visit. The meat is pure pink.

They taste similar to salmon but I find the rainbow trout to be a bit more tender and it has a bit of a mild nutty taste. Salmon would have to be my 2nd choice for fish though. Very good stuff.

That is definitely the case. The trouts I catch and eat have never been to the ocean which makes all the differences in taste and texture. I heard if a planted trout stays alive long enough, it will eventually gain its red color meat and flavor back. - so maybe diet has something to do with it too and not just the ocean water.
kopower
6/23/12 8:39:42PM
El Loro Mexican Restaurant

Chalupa, Taco, and Taquito's. Pretty tasty

Svartorm
6/23/12 10:44:36PM

Posted by scoozna
I'm not surprised about Subway, another chain. But Delis too? Maybe I'm kidding myself, but they seem to pack so much more into a sandwich. Maybe it's only if the owner isn't the one making the sandwiches!

Every place I've ever worked at or been too does. The trick is to make it look like you're just throwing product around all willy nilly. Most places pre-portion meat and put it on wax paper, so it looks like you're grabbing a fistful of meat, but it's actually a set amount. People don't like to see it weighed out or meassured for the same reason you described.
Boo_Radley21
6/24/12 12:11:24AM
Just grabbed a boston cream from Tim's. awh ye
Adrenaline
6/24/12 6:00:20AM
Just had a "smashed" meatball sub from Denny's. Three hand made meatballs squished between a ciabatta bun and covered in marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese with a side of fries.

Yuuuuummmy.
prophecy033
6/24/12 1:16:56PM
Butter and Blackberry Jam on sourdough with some coffee
kopower
6/24/12 5:40:27PM
I also just had a cup of coffee, but with an apple. Had some potato salad earlier in the day.
george112
6/24/12 6:45:32PM
Chomp energy chews
emfleek
6/24/12 6:48:06PM
Nothing yet. I've had ribs on the grill since 1pm. Will be tearing shit up in about an hour.
prophecy033
6/24/12 7:16:05PM

Posted by emfleek

Nothing yet. I've had ribs on the grill since 1pm. Will be tearing shit up in about an hour.

Damn, my stomach literally growled after reading this. Those are gonna be so tender
Pages: 1 [2] 3