Official Dark Knight Rises Thread (SPOILERS)

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Official Dark Knight Rises Thread (SPOILERS)
« Previous Page
Franklinfan47
7/24/12 1:14:58AM
Just got back from watching. Not a terrible movie, but not as good as I expected. The whole nuclear bomb thing was a bit much, and the ending with Bane was very anti-climatic.

Overall: B

PS Avengers was better!
cowcatcher
7/24/12 1:39:22AM
Just saw it today and I really liked it. I can't stand Bale's Batman growl, haven't liked it during the whole trilogy, but he was off screen enough in this movie where it didn't bother me as much as it did in the others.

Bane was great, the voice was perfect, like a German Darth Vader. It was going to be hard having the villain in this one live up to what Ledger did as the Joker, but I thought they did as well as they could have.

You could see the Robin thing coming from a mile away, and I'm fine with that. It sure seems like a set up for a Justice League movie to me. JGL's first line or two of the movie were said in a "I'm trying to be manly" voice and I thought it was going to be his version of the Bale growl throughout, but he laid off of it after that thank god.

I can't see complaining about anything in a comic book movie, or really a movie in general, being unrealistic. It's not like it's a historical drama. You can't really praise The Avengers and then tear down Batman for being unrealistic in the same post. I mean, it's not like there are 9 ft tall green dudes running around and beating the shit out of aliens every day...
ChrisSabal
7/24/12 1:49:18AM

Posted by cowcatcher

Just saw it today and I really liked it. I can't stand Bale's Batman growl, haven't liked it during the whole trilogy, but he was off screen enough in this movie where it didn't bother me as much as it did in the others.

Bane was great, the voice was perfect, like a German Darth Vader. It was going to be hard having the villain in this one live up to what Ledger did as the Joker, but I thought they did as well as they could have.

You could see the Robin thing coming from a mile away, and I'm fine with that. It sure seems like a set up for a Justice League movie to me. JGL's first line or two of the movie were said in a "I'm trying to be manly" voice and I thought it was going to be his version of the Bale growl throughout, but he laid off of it after that thank god.

I can't see complaining about anything in a comic book movie, or really a movie in general, being unrealistic. It's not like it's a historical drama. You can't really praise The Avengers and then tear down Batman for being unrealistic in the same post. I mean, it's not like there are 9 ft tall green dudes running around and beating the shit out of aliens every day...

cowcatcher
7/24/12 2:08:34AM
I suppose that I should add that I didn't like Batman Begins at all. I hate the idea of the worst actor on the planet playing R'as al Ghul. You couldn't find a middle eastern guy to play him? WTF?

At least they made the one sequel that really needed to be made, Taken 2. Fuck.

Neeson and the Bale growl really made it hard for me to enjoy that flick. The Joker was so good in the second that I could get past that shit without any problems.
Pookie
7/24/12 2:20:28AM
I like the batman films, because as far as any superhero flick in concerned, it has the darkest and most realistic feel to the events that happen. It's the closest to bridging the unbridgeable gap of believable superheroes.

Also, i still stick by the theory that The Prestige was a prequel to the entire batman series, as the movies unfold exactly how the three steps of a magic trick do.
Franklinfan47
7/24/12 2:13:25PM

Posted by cowcatcher

I suppose that I should add that I didn't like Batman Begins at all. I hate the idea of the worst actor on the planet playing R'as al Ghul. You couldn't find a middle eastern guy to play him? WTF?

Neeson and the Bale growl really made it hard for me to enjoy that flick. The Joker was so good in the second that I could get past that shit without any problems.

I liked how they tied it back into the first movie again though. The story kind of came full circle.

I also forgot to comment that this was Tom Hardy's best performance by far, and unfortunately will be over shadowed by Heath Ledger's. I hope he gets an oscar nomination atleast for best supporting.
cowcatcher
7/24/12 2:40:21PM

Posted by Franklinfan47

Posted by cowcatcher

I liked how they tied it back into the first movie again though. The story kind of came full circle.

I also forgot to comment that this was Tom Hardy's best performance by far, and unfortunately will be over shadowed by Heath Ledger's. I hope he gets an oscar nomination atleast for best supporting.

I agree, it was cool that they tied it all together, but the 15 seconds that Neeson was in this one were the worst 15 seconds of the movie for me because I cannot stand the guy. How he can make a Jedi, German factory owner, Middle Eastern super villain, Zeus, and Hannibal all sound Irish and still get work is beyond me.

perfect parody
kopower
7/24/12 3:09:26PM
Just got back from seeing it. The first half was ok. I liked the second half much better. I think it built to a great climax and finish. (That's what she said). The twist with R'as was pretty cool. Bane was a cool villain. Obviously not as good as the joker, but solid. I'd say Dark Knight the best, followed by DKR, and Batman Begins.

I've always had a problem with how Bale grunted as well. Didn't seem as bad this movie.
Poor_Franklin
7/24/12 8:06:53PM

Posted by kopower

I've always had a problem with how Bale grunted as well. Didn't seem as bad this movie.

as have i. glad to know others feel the same
Pages: 1 [2]