OFFICIAL CSAC Machida/Shogun scorecards=MMA WEEKLY link

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » OFFICIAL CSAC Machida/Shogun scorecards=MMA WEEKLY link
« Previous Page
CwB
10/27/09 5:21:43AM

Posted by submissionartist1

Oh, and to submissionartist1, your spleen is on the left side of your body and you can certainly hit it.

yeah but people live without a spleen ,you look to hit the liver cause thats where the toxins are i can kick you in the kidney all day you be sore tomorrow and piss blood but its not ganna take you out of a fight ...

and because im the minority doesnt mean im wrong, the crowd means nothing at a fight because the ceer for one guy one minute and boo him the next...

and mma is not, karate but thats how the fight was fought .

The remark stating that you are in the minority , wasnt to say that you are wrong, just more of a reaction to your statement saying that this sport needs more informed fans. It is 100% true that you can be in the minority and still be right, but saying that, because we dont see it your way, felt like an insult especially with this guy ----> at the end of your post.

On the other hand, the people in the majority consist of Dana White-President of the UFC, Joe Stevenson- a ufc fighter, who fought on the card, as well as 99% of all respected MMA News sites. Saying the fans need to be more informed when pro fighters agree with us just doesnt make much sense

Even if the fight was fought exactly like a karate match, that doesnt mean you judge it like a karate match, the fight happened in the octagon therefor it must be judged as an MMA fight.

Plus its hard to judge a fight like a karate match when one of the fighters fights with a karate style and the other fights with a Muay Thai style. I have seen many fights result in 3 rounds of boxing, that doesnt mean we judge it like a boxing match

submissionartist1
10/27/09 12:11:53PM

The remark stating that you are in the minority , wasnt to say that you are wrong, just more of a reaction to your statement saying that this sport needs more informed fans. It is 100% true that you can be in the minority and still be right, but saying that, because we dont see it your way, felt like an insult especially with this guy ----> at the end of your post.

Plus its hard to judge a fight like a karate match when one of the fighters fights with a karate style and the other fights with a Muay Thai style. I have seen many fights result in 3 rounds of boxing, that doesnt mean we judge it like a boxing match

Yeah i can see how a little smilely could offend a bunch of adults...

Karate is a point fighting system and in mma when you go to a decision its based on points simmilerto that sport, that seems like a proper comparison to me
and why would you judge it like a boxing
CwB
10/27/09 4:13:34PM

Posted by submissionartist1

Yeah...

why would you judge it like a boxing

I was saying i have seen fights where only boxing took place in the fight, and that they dont get judged as a boxing match.

Just as the shogun/dragon fight was mainly a karate style match, doesnt mean we should judge it as a karate match

MMA has its own independent scoring system that it must stick to.

Which consists of

Judging Criteria
1. Judges are required to determine the winner of a bout that goes to it's full time limit based upon the following criteria:
-Clean Strikes
-Effective Grappling
-Octagon Control
-Effective Aggressiveness
Pages: 1 [2]