Official Chris Leben got robbed Forum

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Official Chris Leben got robbed Forum
Next Page »
POLL: Did he get robbed
Yes 15% (12)
YES 3% (2)
YES!!!!!!! 17% (13)
no 65% (51)
MMA117
5/27/07 3:27:30PM
What can i say he got punked by the judges it was a close fight but everyone (espn,FSN,sherdog,) gave the fight to Chris Leben but thats how the cookie crumbles
hughesfan1
5/27/07 3:33:09PM
Yeah, he got robbed big time, I had him winning rounds 1 & 3 and barely losing round 2 !!! Kalib looked pretty good , but not as good as Chris.
the-james
5/27/07 3:36:55PM

Posted by hughesfan1

Yeah, he got robbed big time, I had him winning rounds 1 & 3 and barely losing round 2 !!! Kalib looked pretty good , but not as good as Chris.

I thought Leben may get the nod but it wasnt cleasr he deffinitly won round two, i thought he may of won round 1 but Kalib finished real strong and Kalib deffinitly won the last round, so it was real close. I wish Leben would of won because i would of won alot of money.
MMA117
5/27/07 3:44:12PM
Nothing agienst Kalib Starnes he gave a great fight but come on......
skiba97
5/27/07 4:04:29PM
Leben won round 1? i thought that was the most clear cut round in favour of starnes! i didnt even think anything of the decision, i had it 29-28 starnes, but it could of easily been 30-27. I was really suprised to hear this decision made controversial.
warglory
5/27/07 4:10:46PM
I definitely think Leben should have gotten the win. He won the second two rounds I thought.
DJDark41
5/27/07 4:15:08PM
All I can say for Kalib Starnes, is too little too late. Chris Leben works all round long, throwing combos, and even rocking Kalib a few times. Then with a minute left, Kalib takes him down and lays on top of him for a minute, and that wins him the round? BS.
skiba97
5/27/07 4:19:01PM
For all leben pushed the pace, he didnt land many effective strikes. He got saved by the bell in round one, and rocked bad in round 2, if kalebs conditoning was better, it would of been over then.
SteedTheDeed
5/27/07 4:25:21PM
people are debating this? i thought starnes took that fight easily. He threw 10 times less than leben and landed just as much if not more. Landed shots from the ground, much better on the ground. starnes had bad defense by just covering up and not circling out, so it always looked like he was in trouble but he wasn't.
johny_rotten
5/27/07 4:44:15PM
I voted yes, but it is Leben's fault he lost. When he hurt Kalib bad to the body he didn't rush him. Starnes couldn't even hold his hands up for a good 10 seconds, and Leben didn't seize the opportunity. If he rushed him, and tried to close the fight with strikes it never would have gone to the judges.
MMA117
5/27/07 4:51:04PM

ahhaahh hes dancing
nickcuc547
5/27/07 6:51:10PM
i had leben 29-28 but i thought that every round was very close and could have gone either way, because of that i voted no.
hippysmacker
5/27/07 6:59:21PM

Posted by johny_rotten

I voted yes, but it is Leben's fault he lost. When he hurt Kalib bad to the body he didn't rush him. Starnes couldn't even hold his hands up for a good 10 seconds, and Leben didn't seize the opportunity. If he rushed him, and tried to close the fight with strikes it never would have gone to the judges.

I have to agree. Leben could have finished him and didn't. Could have gone either way, I picked Leben but I'm not real mad at the outcome. I will say that fight's this close are a reason they should have as sudden victory round like on TUF. Best idea that show ever had. Could have made Griffin/Bonnar 1 even better.A lot of the TUF guys have had close fights. Sanchez vs Diaz/Karo/Alessio. Leben vs Cote/Starnes. Grove/Herman. Griffin vs Bonnar 1&2 and Tito . Jardine vs Bonnar/Gouvea just to name a few. So I think even the newer fans would be happy about it.
charlieizu
5/27/07 7:53:43PM
HELL NO!!!!!!!!!

he had no snap to his punches or kicks, all in all a pretty lackluster display from him
loller90278
5/27/07 8:16:08PM
the thing leben got robbed of was athletic ability, intelligence and a decent personality.

overall a horrible fight, but i had starnes 29-28 and maybe even 30-27
Aether
5/27/07 9:44:22PM
I had Starnes taking round 1&3 with round 2 going either way, potentially even a 10-10. Regardless I had Caleb winning it clearly, I was surprised that anyone disagreed.
DaRiddm
5/27/07 11:45:14PM
Were you watching the same fight as me? Kalib clearly won that fight.
MattHughesFan
5/27/07 11:53:02PM
I had leben winning round 1 and round 3 and Kalib wining the second. even though he didn't land many effective punches he was more aggressive and pushed the pace. except for the second round Kalib did nothing. at the end of the third round Kalib took leben down and leben threw way more punches from his back then Kalib did from the guard. i mean even Kalib admitted leben should have won in his post fight interview. i mean i don't really like leben at all but i think he clearly won that fight
BadSanta
5/28/07 12:25:13AM

Posted by SteedTheDeed

people are debating this? i thought starnes took that fight easily. He threw 10 times less than leben and landed just as much if not more. Landed shots from the ground, much better on the ground. starnes had bad defense by just covering up and not circling out, so it always looked like he was in trouble but he wasn't.

Agreed. Leben got beaten in all rounds. Done.
kaduey
5/28/07 10:30:29AM
Bith fighters llooked sloppy as hell! I don't know how that got fight of the night. Leben's stand up skills are sloppy and you can see him throwing punches ten seconds before they land. Stanres has no heart once so ever, there were times when he looked like he didn't want to be there so he made it obvious to Leben when he was affected by Leben's strikes.
xchickox
5/28/07 11:01:55AM
yeah definately got robbed

its like whats been said before about the points for takedowns, starnes got the takedowns but did nothing when he got him down and leben was working hare from his back
Trapt1nw0nder
5/28/07 12:14:30PM
I had it 30-27 Starnes...

he for sure had the first....the second was close,but Starnes had the whole first 4 mins,but Leben took the last min,and that is what everyone seems to remember i think....if anyone won the 2nd it was Starnes......the third was very close but i gave it to Starnes too,...Leben got him with that big kick to the body,but i think Kalib evened the score when he sweeped Leben and reversed him and landed some good solid punches and elbows while Leben was just throwing annoying punches(lazy way to win the round...instead of trying to sweep himself and get up)..

Leben is stupid to say "Screw the judges"....that will just make them give the other guy the close rounds in the future......smart move..

Starnes won this fight..give Leben the 3rd,but there is no way he won the first 2
ButterBalls
5/28/07 1:21:17PM
Leben looked like trash, he didn't deserve the win.
world_mma
5/28/07 1:47:41PM
Kalib rightly got the decision.
Being a TUF obsessive I had no axe to grind on who won. I like Kalib and Leben.
Kalib defended strikes very well - CL never really connected with anything that Kalib didn't block (other than the body kick which CL didn't follow up on).
Glad KS won - we may not have seen him again if he lost.
CL on the other hand will become a journeyman for the up and coming - he generally makes an interesting fight.
All in all a correct and good result, imho.
Basshandsome
5/28/07 4:21:59PM
I felt Leben won that fight for sure. I am not a Leban fan or anything but i was very surpirsed when i saw that he lost...
Ultimate_fighter
5/28/07 8:16:37PM

Posted by hughesfan1

Were u guys watching?? Kalib won the first for sure, with the takedown, lost the second, and won the 3rd with the reversal and gnp! WTF u guys??!?
roman
5/29/07 1:54:58AM

Posted by MMA117

What can i say he got punked by the judges it was a close fight but everyone (espn,FSN,sherdog,) gave the fight to Chris Leben but thats how the cookie crumbles

If you don't wanna lose like that don't leave it to the judges..........
roman
5/29/07 1:56:07AM
Oh and I think Starnes won anyways. Good fight though.
Stickan
5/29/07 12:22:45PM
I'm surprised anyone had Leben winning. I rooted for Leben since I had bets on him but I just can't see how he would've won that fight. Kalib won that fight. 29-28.
MMA117
5/29/07 2:37:25PM

Posted by roman

If you don't wanna lose like that don't leave it to the judges..........

Smartest thing ive heared all day
Pages: [1] 2