The **OFFICIAL** Chicago Cubs Thread

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » The **OFFICIAL** Chicago Cubs Thread
Next Page »
emfleek
12/6/07 3:12:49PM
Any fellow Cubs fans?

It looks like Hendry may be in talks with Baltimore trying to work out a trade for Brian Roberts (2B). Potentially a great move!
candynuts
12/6/07 3:39:45PM
Ehhh
I miss the good ole' days with Harry Carey and Steve Stone with those multiple choice trivia questions they used to have during the game.
pv3Hpv3p
12/6/07 3:55:55PM

Posted by candynuts

Ehhh
I miss the good ole' days with Harry Carey and Steve Stone with those multiple choice trivia questions they used to have during the game.

***INSERT HARRY CAREY ACCENT*** It's father's day out in wrigley field today... So to all you fathers out there.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

lol, that was always one of my favorite Harry lines
emfleek
12/6/07 3:58:48PM
I loved hearing him pronounce "Heathcliff Slocumb".

"Heeeathcliff Sssschloooooocum"
evilpimp
12/6/07 5:19:57PM
dude i was born in chi town and im a big cubs fan and also a couple of my coworkers are cubs fan to. and we batlle the dam yankee fans at work all season
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
12/7/07 9:34:50AM
GO cardnials
emfleek
12/7/07 9:40:08AM
...or not.
cowcatcher
12/7/07 11:06:45AM
not too many people on here willing to admit they are disappointed year after year by the cubbies, as for me, im a brewer fan, and next year should be a good one for us.
emfleek
12/7/07 11:38:40AM

Posted by cowcatcher

not too many people on here willing to admit they are disappointed year after year by the cubbies, as for me, im a brewer fan, and next year should be a good one for us.

Well, if they're not willing to admit it, that means they're not fans. And if that's the case, they shouldn't post on this thread, anyways, since it's titled "Chicago Cubs Fans?"

And you're right...it should be Chicago/Milwaukee battling for the division again next year. I'm looking forward to it.
DCRage
12/7/07 1:43:24PM

Posted by candynuts

Ehhh

I really miss him calling games and leading the singing during the stretch, he made watching Cubs games as a kid more enjoyable. I also miss his "Holy Cow!" I'm more a sentimental Cubs fan, and yes I currently have eternal hatred directed at Bartman.
candynuts
12/7/07 1:48:19PM
It hasnt felt as good watching a game w/o Harry Carey announcing...
Ryan Sandberg, Mark Grace, playing.. Egh.. maybe we do need that flux capacitor...

It also didnt feel good watching Bartman snag that ball from Moises Alou....

However, I dont think there is the whole "curse of the Billy Goat" like a lot of Chicagoians use.

They made it to the playoffs this year, so things are looking good.
But they definately need to make moves this offseason.
emfleek
12/7/07 3:23:08PM
I have more hatred towards Alex Gonzalez than I have towards Bartman. Bartman was just doing what ANY fan would've done.
ncordless
12/7/07 4:20:45PM
Vance Law... or Luis Salazar?
evilpimp
12/7/07 5:26:56PM
hey fellow cub fans all you guys are right , as a kid i grew up listining to harry carey annouce the games and his 7th inning stretch was priceless , alot of memories.
cowcatcher
12/7/07 5:32:51PM

Posted by emfleek

I have more hatred towards Alex Gonzalez than I have towards Bartman. Bartman was just doing what ANY fan would've done.

that you steve???
emfleek
12/8/07 10:43:21AM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by emfleek

that you steve???

No. It's me, emfleek, the sensible Cubs fan.
emfleek
12/12/07 10:20:13AM
CHICAGO CUBS SIGN KOSUKE FUKUDOME

CHICAGO -- The Cubs' patience paid off. Japanese outfielder Kosuke Fukudome has agreed to terms on a four-year deal with the team, pending his passing a physical.
candynuts
12/12/07 1:17:25PM
Its a start, I guess.

I hope Zambrano can learn to throw with his left hand so he can pitch twice a week.
ButterBalls
12/13/07 12:38:21AM
Da Cubs.
hippysmacker
12/13/07 12:50:22AM
I 'm a pads fan but I lived in Chicago for ay ear once, and i have to admit their fans are kind of Physco. I'm a big guy( about 6 foot 280 at the time) and my buddy Noah( 6ft. 1 320 at the time) were watching the Dres play the cubs. We were just cheering on our team after a 3 run dinger ( not talking crap or being rude) and 3 shirtless bleacher bums , that I'm sure didn't weigh as much as combined tried to pick a fight with us. Security came before we had climbed all the way to them, but they seriously looked like they wanted to fight because we were fans of the other team!They weren't running away ,they were climbing down seats and coming toward us. I know fan is short for fanatic, but I'm from Cali, where we aren't insane about it. We love our teams , roo them on, and hope they win. Still , unless someone is rooting against my team ( or me personally ) and throwing it in my face I can't imagine getting into a fight over a sporting event I don't even play in.
emfleek
12/13/07 9:01:11AM

Posted by hippysmacker

I 'm a pads fan but I lived in Chicago for ay ear once, and i have to admit their fans are kind of Physco. I'm a big guy( about 6 foot 280 at the time) and my buddy Noah( 6ft. 1 320 at the time) were watching the Dres play the cubs. We were just cheering on our team after a 3 run dinger ( not talking crap or being rude) and 3 shirtless bleacher bums , that I'm sure didn't weigh as much as combined tried to pick a fight with us. Security came before we had climbed all the way to them, but they seriously looked like they wanted to fight because we were fans of the other team!They weren't running away ,they were climbing down seats and coming toward us. I know fan is short for fanatic, but I'm from Cali, where we aren't insane about it. We love our teams , roo them on, and hope they win. Still , unless someone is rooting against my team ( or me personally ) and throwing it in my face I can't imagine getting into a fight over a sporting event I don't even play in.

Every team has one thing in common.

There are ALWAYS idiots in the stands. You may not see them in Cali, but they're there.
emfleek
7/10/08 1:29:32PM
Cubs/Reds in about 30 minutes. Goin' for the sweep!
emfleek
7/11/08 2:13:38PM
Today starts a 3 game set with San Fran.

Matt Cain -vs- Jason Marquis

Bring out the bats!!!
emfleek
7/11/08 4:31:23PM
Ramirez with a 3-run dinger baby! GO CUBS!
emfleek
7/11/08 4:47:40PM
CUBS WIN
CUBS WIN
CUBS WIN

WOOOOOOO!!!
Naturaldisaster
7/11/08 9:33:58PM
I love harry caray! Im gettin his logo tattoo'd on my arm. I really do think this is our year to win it. I cant wait for sorianoto come back
Naturaldisaster
7/11/08 9:36:20PM

Posted by emfleek

CUBS WIN
CUBS WIN
CUBS WIN

WOOOOOOO!!!

Go cubs go! Go Cubs go! HEY chicago, what do you say? Cubs are gonna win today!

I love that song!
Sam_Rothstein
7/15/08 11:19:59PM

Posted by hippysmacker

san diego is a lot more laid back but ive seen some crazy people at a padres game. I remember one guys kid was being obnoxious and throwing stuff at people. When one of the adults/victims said something to the kid about it, his dad got up and wanted to have a fist fight and started calling him a pussy.

Then again ive also been cussed out by a food vendor at a cubs game for wearing a padres hat (around my 13th birthday). So cubbie fanatics take the cake

WHITE SOX FOR LIFE!
emfleek
7/28/08 2:03:48PM
HUGE series starting tonight.

Cubs/Brewers

Lilly -vs- Sabathia

LET'S GO CUBBIES!!!
cowcatcher
7/28/08 2:43:32PM

Posted by emfleek

HUGE series starting tonight.

Cubs/Brewers

Lilly -vs- Sabathia

LET'S GO CUBBIES!!!

it will be nice to see the brewers in first all by themselves after this week, the goat lives on.
Pages: [1] 2