The Official Bodybuilding Thread

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » The Official Bodybuilding Thread
chickmagnet
2/12/10 5:50:16PM
Im sure there are some bodybuilders on the playground...Share your workout routines, supplement choices, theories, diets. Or if you have questions about certain things feel free to ask.

BTW. By Bodybuilding I dont neccessarily mean Pro Bodybuilding. It can be anyhting from cutting down to bulking up to maintaining.

babalu46
2/16/10 12:43:33PM
Hey im currently training BJJ and submission wrestling but im finding it really tough to implement my techniques because everyone is bigger and stronger than me. So i would really appreciate some help on how to bulk up or gain strength. Im 5 foot 7 and around 150-155 pounds.

Thanks for any replies
telnights
2/17/10 7:28:36PM

Posted by babalu46

Hey im currently training BJJ and submission wrestling but im finding it really tough to implement my techniques because everyone is bigger and stronger than me. So i would really appreciate some help on how to bulk up or gain strength. Im 5 foot 7 and around 150-155 pounds.

Thanks for any replies

Well the best thing is find a diet right for you nothing beats good personal trainer. Also lots and lots of free-weights. They are cheap, easy to use at home, and great for build muscle. On top that your trainer can build a workout plan best for you on free-weights at home.
babalu46
2/18/10 3:35:38AM
Cheers telnights iv been doing free weights anyway because i can do them at home but a trainer setting up a personal plan is a great idea that i will definately be checking out
chickmagnet
2/20/10 3:14:18PM

Posted by babalu46

Thanks for any replies

Ok. Well if your doing grappling and MMA I would reccomend functional strength training. For what your doing you should hitting exercises like:

Deadlift
Squats
Tire Flips
Rope Climbs
Bench Press

are really good strength exercises. Not only will these make you freaky strong, but if you eat a ton of calories and protein you will gain a lot and I mean alot of muscle mass.

You can also do some isolation work, like tricep extensions, bicep curls, wrist curls, shrugs, calv raises but you dont want to over do Isolation because it will lessen your muscle endurance for grappling.

Basically do the fuctional strength exercises above and eat like a horse and you will be a monster. Trust me.
babalu46
2/21/10 9:37:14AM

Posted by chickmagnet

Posted by babalu46

Thanks for any replies

Ok. Well if your doing grappling and MMA I would reccomend functional strength training. For what your doing you should hitting exercises like:

Deadlift
Squats
Tire Flips
Rope Climbs
Bench Press

are really good strength exercises. Not only will these make you freaky strong, but if you eat a ton of calories and protein you will gain a lot and I mean alot of muscle mass.

You can also do some isolation work, like tricep extensions, bicep curls, wrist curls, shrugs, calv raises but you dont want to over do Isolation because it will lessen your muscle endurance for grappling.

Basically do the fuctional strength exercises above and eat like a horse and you will be a monster. Trust me.

Cheers dude really appreciate the help sounds like i'll enjoy this if i get too eat like a horse aswell
chickmagnet
2/21/10 2:17:05PM

Posted by babalu46

Posted by chickmagnet

Posted by babalu46

Thanks for any replies

Deadlift
Squats
Tire Flips
Rope Climbs
Bench Press

Cheers dude really appreciate the help sounds like i'll enjoy this if i get too eat like a horse aswell

Haha make sure to do alot of cardio and abs when ur eating alot haha, I make the mistake of not doing enough cardio sometimes and I get bloated. But yeah if you do these functional exercises which are incredibley tough and eat a ton you will gain size and strength.