Official: Andrei Arlovski has signed with Affliction & Adrenaline

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Official: Andrei Arlovski has signed with Affliction & Adrenaline
kastro_316
5/27/08 2:32:08PM
DreamFighters.com

Tim Sylvia, Ben Rothwell and Andre Arlovski will join the Adrenaline MMA ring girls at the Meet-and-Greet session. Affliction, one of the event sponsors, has agreed to give a T-shirt to each person with a ringside ticket attending the session.
DiabloFreak56
5/27/08 3:09:32PM
im a sylvia and arlovski fan gonna miss seing them in the ufc. but ill be watching Adrenealine to see them
gartface
5/27/08 3:24:10PM
I have a feeling Rothwell is going to work Arlovski. He's just looked so uninspired in his past few fights. I hope that changes though, I want to see an amazing fight. Rothwell is so underrated it's ridiculous.
CantAndleDaRiddum
5/27/08 3:32:37PM

Posted by gartface

I have a feeling Rothwell is going to work Arlovski. He's just looked so uninspired in his past few fights. I hope that changes though, I want to see an amazing fight. Rothwell is so underrated it's ridiculous.

AV bet? PM me if interested.
gartface
5/27/08 3:43:39PM
I can't PM you because you blocked me after that Karo/Fitch argument. But yeah I'm down.
chubbud22
5/27/08 3:44:10PM

Posted by gartface

Didnt Arlovski finish his last fight? Oh yah they didnt show it on tv. I am glad he stood up for himself. I love the UFC, but they need to treat these guys better. IMO Arlovski will KTFO Rothwell.
gartface
5/27/08 3:45:48PM

Posted by chubbud22

Posted by gartface

Didnt Arlovski finish his last fight? Oh yah they didnt show it on tv. I am glad he stood up for himself. I love the UFC, but they need to treat these guys better. IMO Arlovski will KTFO Rothwell.

He did finish him, and he did it in really lackluster fashion. Like i said he looked really UNINSPIRED.
jae_1833
5/27/08 4:32:02PM
Ben is big, but kind of slow and sloppy in his boxing skills. Not to mention other than the occasional high kick I see nothing else in his arsenal that could possibly even match AA....AA by way of KO in the 1st Rnd!!
SmileR
5/27/08 4:43:52PM

Posted by gartface

This statement is ridiculous! Rothwell is not a top 10 HW! Andrei is for good reason! Rothwell will be shown up!
Twenty20Dollars
5/27/08 5:03:32PM
something tells me Andrei will be back in the UFC along with tim somewhere down the line though......hopefully hah
Manak
5/27/08 5:06:42PM
wow this card will be unholy, cant wait n AA by KO 1rd, yes last fight wasnt great but not cause of him, jake went for the takedown right away n keep doin it, then AA reversed him to fall into mount, AA said in the post-fight interview he didnt want to hurt him cause of his surgery (AA is to nice). agasitn Cruz he KOed him OFF HIS BACK. dana ****** him with the werdum by sayin win n title shot so he fought to win. yea every since the tim fights he has been off mental but the PITBULL will be in full-force once again
BigTomZ
5/27/08 8:52:18PM

Posted by gartface

I believe you are crazy. I really don't think Rothwell is on Arlovski's level.

Rothwell hasn't really fought top guys. Unless you count the decision win over an out of shape Ricco Rodriguez who hasn't beaten anybody of note since 2002.

Arlovski hasn't looked great in his past 2 fights but he is still a top heavyweight with a lot of skills.

I don't see Rothwell being to compete with Arlovski in the standup. I'm not sure he will get the fight to the ground either since Arlovski probably has the second best sprawl in MMA besides Liddell.
bigbubbano23
5/27/08 9:19:41PM
i hope arlovski makes his way home.
Porch28
5/27/08 9:40:28PM
F__K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
prozacnation1978
5/27/08 11:54:23PM
i already cried over it a month ago
he will be back in the ufc when afflication goes backrupt
cmill21
5/28/08 12:01:54AM
Bah, another huge blow for the HW div.
loller90278
5/28/08 12:12:47AM

Posted by cmill21

au contrare, a great addition to the already stacked HW div!
cmill21
5/28/08 12:29:16AM

Posted by loller90278

Posted by cmill21

au contrare, a great addition to the already stacked HW div!

Lol not in the UFC. But Affliction seems to have the best group of HW's so i'll agree
Focker101
5/28/08 7:51:55AM
Arlovski 1st round ko unless he is still awake after the nasty punch then submits him with a leg lock ala Tim Silvia

Arlovski will be back in the UFC after he strings together a few highlight reel KO's especially if he KO's Fedor
for more money then he is asking now lol

GOOD WORK Dana

I imagine who ever beats Fedor will have a nice contract waiting for them at the UFC
just so Dana can say he has the best heavyweight
ICSlegend
5/28/08 12:18:01PM

Posted by Focker101

Arlovski 1st round ko unless he is still awake after the nasty punch then submits him with a leg lock ala Tim Silvia

Arlovski will be back in the UFC after he strings together a few highlight reel KO's especially if he KO's Fedor
for more money then he is asking now lol

GOOD WORK Dana

I imagine who ever beats Fedor will have a nice contract waiting for them at the UFC
just so Dana can say he has the best heavyweight

Hehe...that's an interesting line of thought.

DREAM might scoop all these guys up though, especially if Affliction doesn't do another show, and even if they do, non-exlusive contracts are great for the fans. More fighters, more shows, more matchups.

Can't wait for Banned though, super stacked.

Mchubb316
5/28/08 12:30:56PM
Too bad the UFC couldn't sign him to an extension. Andrei wasn't treated respectfully as a past champion in my opinion. He is still a threat and a top 10 fighter, and to be put on the un aired prelims was a slap in the face. I don't blame him for going elsewhere.
whardin19
5/28/08 2:28:53PM
Rothwell is a tough fight for Arlovski. Although I think Arlovski will win it's going to be tougher fight than people are thinking. I'm sad he's not back in the UFC but it's not the end of the world.
chubbud22
5/28/08 6:59:16PM

Posted by gartface

Posted by chubbud22

Posted by gartface

He did finish him, and he did it in really lackluster fashion. Like i said he looked really UNINSPIRED.

He finished him dude. If you are uninspired you run around the cage like Kalib Starnes; you dont finish. I will be at this event live to watch The Pitbull destroy Big Ben.
Kracker_Jap
5/28/08 9:29:54PM
Why is having his face on a poster considered official????

Have we heard a official press release???

If not, Lame of everyone to bite so early
chubbud22
5/29/08 12:03:43AM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Why is having his face on a poster considered official????

Have we heard a official press release???

If not, Lame of everyone to bite so early

I got tickets to the event from Mike Whitehead; he confirmed that Arlovski is fighting. I got flamed for talking about most of these fights months ago and they have all came true; Whitehead is a pretty credible source.
Kracker_Jap
5/29/08 2:08:15AM
I remember you talkin about it......

I would still like to here it official out a AA camp