Tony Romo (if Dallas wins the division)
Frank Gore
Tom Brady

I'm going to shorten this down to:

Manning
Rodgers
AP
Brady

I think those are the only 4 with a real shot at it, and more than likely it's just a man race between Manning and AP.
Bubbles
12/17/12 9:43:04AM
How can you name MVPs for 10-4 teams who are supposed to be at the top (ie Rodgers and Brady) but not for Ryan or Foster/Watt who helped their team to the best record in the NFL...that generally has worked in the last few seasons. Luck has taken a 2-14 team to a potential 11-5/10-6 team and a playoff birth. RG3/Romo has a chance to win the toughest division in the league right now when a .500 record was the preseason benchmark
cowcatcher
12/17/12 9:51:14AM

Posted by Bubbles

How can you name MVPs for 10-4 teams who are supposed to be at the top (ie Rodgers and Brady) but not for Ryan or Foster/Watt who helped their team to the best record in the NFL...that generally has worked in the last few seasons. Luck has taken a 2-14 team to a potential 11-5/10-6 team and a playoff birth. RG3/Romo has a chance to win the toughest division in the league right now when a .500 record was the preseason benchmark

It's simple, guys that have won MVPs tend to get more consideration from the voters. I was giving a realistic shorter list rather than a guys who may deserve it list. Ryan is going to have a tough time winning one unless he can win a playoff game, Foster has AP out there looming above him, LUCK, Romo, and RG3 all are having good years but don't have MVP type numbers, and with 2 of those guys being rookies, they don't have a realistic shot anyway. Watt is a defensive player, only Alan Page and LT have won it from that side of the ball, so he's out, great season or not. Rodgers and Brady are guys that the voters have cast ballots for before, and players that the voters consider superstars, not to mention their numbers are pretty damn good this season. In reality though, AP and Manning after coming back from injuries are going to be the 2 horses in this race, Brady and A-Rodg are competing for third.
cowcatcher
12/17/12 9:52:06AM
Don't know why I capitalized Luck there.
BuffaloDave
12/17/12 2:59:09PM
Forgot my weekly Bills rant on how Chan Gailey needs to be fired and Fitzpatrick sucks.

So Freddy goes down for the year, and Chan still can't get the ball to CJ at least 20 times Yes, we were down the whole game, but CJ has proven, put the ball in his hands and the chains move. Plus everyone outside of Gailey knows that Shitzpatrick sucks under pressure, if the game relies on him, he is horrible.

cowcatcher
12/17/12 3:31:09PM

Posted by BuffaloDave

Forgot my weekly Bills rant on how Chan Gailey needs to be fired and Fitzpatrick sucks.

So Freddy goes down for the year, and Chan still can't get the ball to CJ at least 20 times Yes, we were down the whole game, but CJ has proven, put the ball in his hands and the chains move. Plus everyone outside of Gailey knows that Shitzpatrick sucks under pressure, if the game relies on him, he is horrible.

Every week I feel sadder and sadder for the couple of Bills fans on here.
Bubbles
12/17/12 4:23:39PM
and the best part is that Buffalo will get the 9th overall pick or something that doesn't help

Dave, do you call in to 550 to vent like the rest of Bills nation?
BuffaloDave
12/17/12 9:31:28PM

Posted by Bubbles

and the best part is that Buffalo will get the 9th overall pick or something that doesn't help

Dave, do you call in to 550 to vent like the rest of Bills nation?

No, not really a fan of 550.
george112
12/17/12 11:44:38PM
Jets are a disgrace . Sanchez needs to be fired as do all of the higher ups who have let this go on like it has.
Poor_Franklin
12/19/12 2:42:01PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by BuffaloDave

agreed. ive agreed w/ the dave the whole way about the misuse of spiller. it's insane
Poor_Franklin
12/20/12 3:45:57PM
BuffaloDave
12/20/12 3:50:49PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

ESPN: Jets to shop Sanchez, dump Tebow

I think it's great the Jets still owe Sanchez 8M no matter what next year. Wonder if Jacksonville gets Tebow this time.
BuffaloDave
12/20/12 3:52:02PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by BuffaloDave

agreed. ive agreed w/ the dave the whole way about the misuse of spiller. it's insane

Even Bud Kilmer would use Spiller more than Gailey does
jay98107
12/21/12 5:49:31PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by Bubbles

Potential MVP candidates:

Peyton Manning
Andrew Luck
JJ Watt
Arian Foster
RG3
Aaron Rodgers
Adrian Peterson
Matt Ryan
Marshawn Lynch
Frank Gore
Tom Brady

Manning
Rodgers
AP
Brady

I think those are the only 4 with a real shot at it, and more than likely it's just a man race between Manning and AP.

Replace Rodgers with Watt and I'd probably agree. I say that as a Packers fan.
Poor_Franklin
12/21/12 5:52:50PM

Posted by jay98107

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by Bubbles

Potential MVP candidates:

Peyton Manning
Andrew Luck
JJ Watt
Arian Foster
RG3
Aaron Rodgers
Adrian Peterson
Matt Ryan
Marshawn Lynch
Frank Gore
Tom Brady

Manning
Rodgers
AP
Brady

Replace Rodgers with Watt and I'd probably agree. I say that as a Packers fan.

i'll make it easier for both of you.

AP
Peyton
Brady

BuffaloDave
12/21/12 7:09:36PM
Bills get a new 10 yr lease to stay in Buffalo Will cost any new owner within the 10 yrs, 400M to move them, but there is a one year exception, I think it was in year 7, where the 400M would be waived.
jay98107
12/21/12 7:37:25PM

Posted by BuffaloDave

Bills get a new 10 yr lease to stay in Buffalo Will cost any new owner within the 10 yrs, 400M to move them, but there is a one year exception, I think it was in year 7, where the 400M would be waived.

As somebody who had their favorite basketball team torn away and shipped to Oklahoma City, I'm glad to hear you won't be losing your squad Dave. Jaguars fans better be concerned about the brewing football plans in Los Angeles...
Bubbles
12/21/12 7:49:50PM

Posted by BuffaloDave

And expect Rogers to fork over another ~$10 mil/game for another yearly game in Toronto
BuffaloDave
12/21/12 8:57:58PM

Posted by jay98107

Posted by BuffaloDave

As somebody who had their favorite basketball team torn away and shipped to Oklahoma City, I'm glad to hear you won't be losing your squad Dave. Jaguars fans better be concerned about the brewing football plans in Los Angeles...

If the Jags land The Great Tebus, they won't be moved for awhile. Chargers are the team gaining a lot of talk lately to be the new LA team.
jay98107
12/21/12 9:28:18PM

Posted by BuffaloDave

Posted by jay98107

Posted by BuffaloDave

If the Jags land The Great Tebus, they won't be moved for awhile. Chargers are the team gaining a lot of talk lately to be the new LA team.

The ticket boost from Tebow will only be sustained if he actually wins games.
BuffaloDave
12/21/12 9:31:19PM

Posted by jay98107

Posted by BuffaloDave

Posted by jay98107

Posted by BuffaloDave

He'll have no shortage of weapons with a healthy MJD, Blackmon, Shorts, and Lewis. The defense just has to get better.
jay98107
12/21/12 9:45:55PM

Posted by BuffaloDave

Posted by jay98107

Posted by BuffaloDave

Posted by jay98107

Posted by BuffaloDave

He'll have no shortage of weapons with a healthy MJD, Blackmon, Shorts, and Lewis. The defense just has to get better.

That's a mighty steep task though for a team that has 2 wins through 14 games, and Pro teams in Florida don't tend to succeed if they're not making the playoffs. Plus he'll actually have to get the ball downfield to Blackmon
kopower
12/21/12 10:57:31PM

That's a mighty steep task though for a team that has 2 wins through 14 games, and Pro teams in Florida don't tend to succeed if they're not making the playoffs. Plus he'll actually have to get the ball downfield to Blackmon

The wobblers he throws have to look better in the Florida sun, than in Denver and NY, right?????

Bubbles
12/22/12 4:15:53PM

Posted by jay98107

Didn't he take a 2-5 Broncos team who traded away Brandon Lloyd to an 8-8 record and win a playoff game IN Pittsburgh?
Bubbles
12/23/12 12:07:29AM
Megatron broke the record for most receiving yards in a game, most consecutive games with 10+ receptions, most catches in a calendar month, and tied for most consecutive 100+ yard games....

and the Falcons still tore them a new one
BuffaloDave
12/23/12 12:25:53PM

Posted by Bubbles

Megatron broke the record for most receiving yards in a game, most consecutive games with 10+ receptions, most catches in a calendar month, and tied for most consecutive 100+ yard games....

and the Falcons still tore them a new one

You almost had it right, he tied for most 100 yard games in a season at 11, and broke most consecutive games with at least a 100 with 8.
Bubbles
12/23/12 12:51:21PM
bah technicalities
cowcatcher
12/23/12 1:31:50PM
It's the first game in Green Bay this year where it's actually frozen tundra type conditions.
BuffaloDave
12/23/12 2:32:08PM

Posted by cowcatcher

It's the first game in Green Bay this year where it's actually frozen tundra type conditions.

That Sunday night game a few weeks ago was just a tease, there was just light snow.
cowcatcher
12/23/12 2:52:44PM

Posted by BuffaloDave

Posted by cowcatcher

That Sunday night game a few weeks ago was just a tease, there was just light snow.

Yeah, no snow on the field today either, but it's colder than a witch's tit up there.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20