The Official 2012 NFL Season Thread

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » The Official 2012 NFL Season Thread
« Previous Page | Next Page »
Bubbles
11/22/12 5:33:04PM

Posted by george112

Lions coach just fucked up BIG time

I missed the 2nd half of the game but caught the last bit of OT after the review of the interception. What you referring to?

Texans luckily win again in OT (I really should have benched them). Good way to start a day of football. So far the skins/cowgirls game is pretty good too.
george112
11/22/12 6:05:34PM
There was a play where forsett ran the bowl and was on obviously down but there was no whistle so forsett continued to run all the way for a touchdown . Lions coach immediately threw a challenge flag which he couldn't do because of some reason. Well since he threw the challenge flag it made the play unreviewable thus resulting in the Texans keeping the touchdown

It's going to be all over Sportscenter trust me:-

game was fucking crazy dude. And so was lasts weeks game
Bubbles
11/22/12 8:55:37PM

Posted by george112

There was a play where forsett ran the bowl and was on obviously down but there was no whistle so forsett continued to run all the way for a touchdown . Lions coach immediately threw a challenge flag which he couldn't do because of some reason. Well since he threw the challenge flag it made the play unreviewable thus resulting in the Texans keeping the touchdown

All scoring plays are automatically reviewed, that's why. If you throw a challenge flag on a reviewable call before the booth has time to review it and call down to let the ref take a look at it, it's an unsportsmanlike penalty and you lose a challenge. I think it's a bullshit rule tbh. I remember seeing this last week or the week before where a team got burned by this.
george112
11/22/12 9:13:03PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by george112

All scoring plays are automatically reviewed, that's why. If you throw a challenge flag on a reviewable call before the booth has time to review it and call down to let the ref take a look at it, it's an unsportsmanlike penalty and you lose a challenge. I think it's a bullshit rule tbh. I remember seeing this last week or the week before where a team got burned by this.

Well it wasn't forsetts fault. It was the refs for not blowing the whistle. But the coach for the lions knew. Thats why he said it was on him.
warglory
11/22/12 9:37:40PM
3 touchdowns in under one minute!

The Jets look like the Keystone Cops!
Bubbles
11/23/12 12:07:50AM

Posted by george112

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by george112

Well it wasn't forsetts fault. It was the refs for not blowing the whistle. But the coach for the lions knew. Thats why he said it was on him.

Oh I'm not blaming Forsett for anything...you play until the whistle blows.
Bubbles
11/23/12 12:08:59AM

Posted by warglory

Those took away from Brady's #s, which I could have used more of to secure a playoff spot....
ChrisSabal
11/23/12 7:57:03AM
just wanna say RG3 was the best pick I've made this year. Absolute fantasy stud for being picked in like round 11.
Bubbles
11/23/12 8:49:53AM

Posted by ChrisSabal

just wanna say RG3 was the best pick I've made this year. Absolute fantasy stud for being picked in like round 11.

I drafted Alfred Morris in the 23rd round Here's my draft (as proof) of my team that was 6-1 before they started to tank (coincidentally with Nelson not playing...I really wish I took Welker instead) and am now in a 6 way tie for 2nd at 7-4. Made a few key FA pickups and traded Andre Brown for Tony Gonzalez.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
warglory
11/23/12 9:17:28AM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by warglory

Those took away from Brady's #s, which I could have used more of to secure a playoff spot....

From a fantasy perspective yes, but as a Pats fan, I don't care as that was incredibly entertaining to watch.
airkerma
11/23/12 10:30:27AM
Bubbs I picked up Al Morris in a trade for Steve Smith and on waivers in another league

I think it's about time Suh sits out for a year or so, blatantly booting someone in the nuts is about as lame as it gets. Dude needs to get a clue.
airkerma
11/23/12 10:30:46AM
double post
Bubbles
11/23/12 11:50:27AM

Posted by airkerma

I think it's about time Suh sits out for a year or so, blatantly booting someone in the nuts is about as lame as it gets. Dude needs to get a clue.

I can't agree more. The montage that was shown (I don't remember which game and when it was...half time of the skins/cowgirls game?) of all his dirty plays in his short NFL career, he should get a year suspension. It wouldn't surprise me at all if nothing is done about it, or just a measly fine and a couple meaningless games. Player safety should be the #1 concern of any league and having this guy doing these things on a regular basis without a stiff penalty is a joke. Didn't he suspend half the Saints D for Bountygate? Besides being paid to injure players, I don't see a difference
BuffaloDave
11/23/12 12:32:45PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by airkerma

I can't agree more. The montage that was shown (I don't remember which game and when it was...half time of the skins/cowgirls game?) of all his dirty plays in his short NFL career, he should get a year suspension. It wouldn't surprise me at all if nothing is done about it, or just a measly fine and a couple meaningless games. Player safety should be the #1 concern of any league and having this guy doing these things on a regular basis without a stiff penalty is a joke. Didn't he suspend half the Saints D for Bountygate? Besides being paid to injure players, I don't see a difference

Agreed with the both of you's. It's understandable that player's will get a little hot headed from time to time, with all that adrenaline pumping through you, but Suh just goes overboard way to much. The guy show go the Forrest Griffin route, and take some Xanax before each game.

Anyone else see the exchange between Hall and Bryant?? They get into that little spat, shove each other, Hall gives him a quick slap to the face mask, Bryant looks around for Officials, then acts like he is about to punch him, but walks away. Few mins. later they talk it out.
papercut
11/23/12 5:08:59PM
I know Suh can be dirty in games but that nut shot very well could've been accidental. it looked like he fell and his leg just swung IMO. I didn't see him put any force behind that or anything but who knows for sure. my observation is based on what I saw from the replay.
FlashyG
11/23/12 5:36:57PM
Here is the play in case anyone missed it.

kopower
11/23/12 6:30:13PM

Posted by papercut

I know Suh can be dirty in games but that nut shot very well could've been accidental. it looked like he fell and his leg just swung IMO. I didn't see him put any force behind that or anything but who knows for sure. my observation is based on what I saw from the replay.

If it were any other player, I might buy it; but not in Suh's case. He's his own worse enemy. He's guilty before proven innocent.
prophecy033
11/23/12 6:33:45PM
Suh is a chump....nuff said
Shawn91111
11/23/12 7:51:18PM

Posted by kopower

Posted by papercut

If it were any other player, I might buy it; but not in Suh's case. He's his own worse enemy. He's guilty before proven innocent.

Agreed even on normal plays where he is falling down he is still crawling after the QB and trying to trip him long after the ball has been thrown. He flairs around like a moron and needs to be dealt with.
airkerma
11/24/12 10:10:48AM
Even at that angle you can see he tries some amateur capoeira crap.
Bubbles
11/24/12 1:47:56PM

Posted by papercut

I don't think Suh intentionally meant to kick him in the nuts, but he clearly had intention to kick Schaub somewhere
george112
11/24/12 2:15:22PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by papercut

I don't think Suh intentionally meant to kick him in the nuts, but he clearly had intention to kick Schaub somewhere

Agreed. His leg swinging looked so unnatural it was meant to hit something on schaub. Kubiak was laying into the officials about suhs antics

Just glad we won
BuffaloDave
11/25/12 6:12:16PM
Chan Gailey is a fucking moron, finally decide to start Spiller, but limit him to 8 carries in the first half, 12 overall, Bills were never down by more than 2 scores, and just abandon the run game

I called that Fitz pick perfectly, once they kept throwing, said within 4 more pass attempts he will throw an int, low and behold, he does, but thankfully Stevie stripped the ball away. Fitz can not play well under pressure at all.

george112
11/25/12 7:33:26PM

Posted by BuffaloDave

Chan Gailey is a fucking moron, finally decide to start Spiller, but limit him to 8 carries in the first half, 12 overall, Bills were never down by more than 2 scores, and just abandon the run game

I called that Fitz pick perfectly, once they kept throwing, said within 4 more pass attempts he will throw an int, low and behold, he does, but thankfully Stevie stripped the ball away. Fitz can not play well under pressure at all.

Totally agree. And its a shame because he has the tools but damn be consistent!!!
prophecy033
11/25/12 7:41:57PM
#77 Bunkley for the Saints is a douche. He stood over Akers after the Saints blocked the FG and pulled Akers arms away and then kicked him. Classless
george112
11/25/12 7:47:06PM

Posted by prophecy033

#77 Bunkley for the Saints is a douche. He stood over Akers after the Saints blocked the FG and pulled Akers arms away and then kicked him. Classless

What an asshole

I wanna see a gif
Bubbles
11/25/12 8:54:06PM

Posted by BuffaloDave

I don't understand why they don't think CJ can handle 20 carries a game. It makes absolutely no sense. Fire the coach, both co-ordinators, and the GM. Buffalo should be 6-5 right now at the very least. What a joke

That being said, I am now a Ravens fan until opening day next year
JLS1980
11/25/12 10:58:58PM

Posted by FlashyG

Here is the play in case anyone missed it.

The fall was accidental but the unnatural leg kick upwards was not natural like George said.
But like Bubbles said I don't think he was aiming for the nuts but he definitely was trying to kick Schaub.
I'm a Lions fan from day one and Suh would be respected so much more if he didn't play dirty. He's a really good player but his dirty play doesn't sit well with me.
Shawn91111
11/25/12 11:07:29PM
Giants really coming off the bye week strong.
BuffaloDave
11/25/12 11:08:16PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by BuffaloDave

I don't understand why they don't think CJ can handle 20 carries a game. It makes absolutely no sense. Fire the coach, both co-ordinators, and the GM. Buffalo should be 6-5 right now at the very least. What a joke

That being said, I am now a Ravens fan until opening day next year

On a side note, Gilmore probably had his best game yet, and Mario is looking better and better. I don't know if I fire Buddy Nix, he has done alright with his drafting and signings, he just needs to stop standing by Chan and Wanny.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20