The Official 2012 NFL Season Thread

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » The Official 2012 NFL Season Thread
« Previous Page | Next Page »
warglory
11/4/12 8:19:21PM

Posted by Bubbles

Holy fucking Doug Martin

Thank GOD I didn't have to face him this week! I had to take on his owner last week in fantasy, and that sucked...and he got way more points this week. ugh
Ordep
11/4/12 11:26:28PM

8-0

Bubbles
11/4/12 11:50:09PM

Posted by warglory

Posted by Bubbles

Holy fucking Doug Martin

Thank GOD I didn't have to face him this week! I had to take on his owner last week in fantasy, and that sucked...and he got way more points this week. ugh

I was on my way to winning my one league until he stepped on the field. I'll probably lose by 20, but if Oakland knew what a tackle was then I would have won
Bubbles
11/4/12 11:51:12PM

Posted by Ordep

8-0

going to Soldier Field next week...could determine home field in the NFC
Ordep
11/5/12 1:16:45AM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Ordep

8-0

going to Soldier Field next week...could determine home field in the NFC

Wait.. you are??

B/c Falcons are in he Superdome next week vs. The Bobba Fetts. No Bears this year. Only ARI and NYG remaining besides the divisional games.
Bubbles
11/5/12 12:30:51PM

Posted by Ordep
Wait.. you are??

B/c Falcons are in he Superdome next week vs. The Bobba Fetts. No Bears this year. Only ARI and NYG remaining besides the divisional games.

wrong team lol I confused the Texans with the Falcons. I mixed what was said in the Texans/Bills game for last nights game.
Ordep
11/5/12 3:07:08PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Ordep
Wait.. you are??

wrong team lol I confused the Texans with the Falcons. I mixed what was said in the Texans/Bills game for last nights game.

That's right, cause the Falcons are the only one with a 0 still in their record.
Bubbles
11/5/12 3:14:51PM

Posted by Ordep
That's right, cause the Falcons are the only one with a 0 still in their record.

technically every team has a 0 if you include ties
george112
11/5/12 3:29:45PM
Texans are going to the Superbowl. Standing by that
Poor_Franklin
11/5/12 3:31:21PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Ordep

technically every team has a 0 if you include ties

My Cowboys have a bunch of zeros: A few on the field. A few on the sidelines. One in the Owner's box.
Bubbles
11/11/12 4:58:21PM
well the refs sure hate Buffalo. 10 penalties for something like 120 yards in the first half. 2 bullshit pass interference calls in the endzone when the ball was no where near catchable, another pass int midfield that was called 20 yards away from the ball (clearly a illegal contact, not pass int), and a phantom holding call that took away a first down and made it 3rd and like 17. Even so they somehow made it close. NE's defense is pretty bad, if they go against a competent defense that can hold them under 24 points, they will lose. Luck may very well break his own record of most pass yards in a game for a rookie next week

Falcon's perfection is over. I fail to understand not being able to score on a 2nd and goal at the 1 late in the game vs a garbage defense

Eli and the Giants suck. Miami play calling is just terrible (4 carries for Bush and 40 passes for Tannehill...something isnt right there). And yes I am venting because these 3 players cost me a fantasy win.
Ordep
11/11/12 5:02:36PM

Posted by Bubbles

I fail to understand not being able to score on a 2nd and goal at the 1 late in the game vs a garbage defense

Their backfield was getting penetrated like a slut on roofies, zero run game the whole game and they still wasted a down trying to push it in.
BuffaloDave
11/11/12 5:53:02PM

Posted by Bubbles

well the refs sure hate Buffalo. 10 penalties for something like 120 yards in the first half. 2 bullshit pass interference calls in the endzone when the ball was no where near catchable, another pass int midfield that was called 20 yards away from the ball (clearly a illegal contact, not pass int), and a phantom holding call that took away a first down and made it 3rd and like 17. Even so they somehow made it close. NE's defense is pretty bad, if they go against a competent defense that can hold them under 24 points, they will lose. Luck may very well break his own record of most pass yards in a game for a rookie next week

Not to mention a few stupid penalties the Bills did actually commit, Ron Brooks gets knocked out of bounds and continues to run out oof bounds for 30+ yards, Gilmore's face mask one.

Nice to see Chan grown a set and go for it on 4th and 3.

Hopefully the Freddy fumbles, get CJ the majority of the carries from here on out. once again he showed why he should be starting 9 carries for 70 something yards, plus 4 catches for another 40 something. Not to mention he was WIDE OPEN on the play where Fitz threw the pick to end the game, on Graham's horrible ran route. Naaman Roosevelt would have been doing much better with that roster spot, Graham has been a waste of a 3rd RD pick.

The Def. still looked pretty bad, nothing new, only time we stopped them was because Welker dropped passes.
Bubbles
11/11/12 7:32:13PM

Posted by Ordep

Posted by Bubbles

I fail to understand not being able to score on a 2nd and goal at the 1 late in the game vs a garbage defense

Their backfield was getting penetrated like a slut on roofies, zero run game the whole game and they still wasted a down trying to push it in.

Clearly their run blocking has been pretty shitty this year if Turner is getting a career low ypc...it's not Turner's fault. All you need is a simple yard, its not a terrible call to try to run one in. A pitch to Rodgers might have been a better call
Bubbles
11/11/12 7:41:20PM

Posted by BuffaloDave
Not to mention a few stupid penalties the Bills did actually commit, Ron Brooks gets knocked out of bounds and continues to run out oof bounds for 30+ yards, Gilmore's face mask one.

Hopefully the Freddy fumbles, get CJ the majority of the carries from here on out. once again he showed why he should be starting 9 carries for 70 something yards, plus 4 catches for another 40 something. Not to mention he was WIDE OPEN on the play where Fitz threw the pick to end the game, on Graham's horrible ran route. Naaman Roosevelt would have been doing much better with that roster spot, Graham has been a waste of a 3rd RD pick.

The Def. still looked pretty bad, nothing new, only time we stopped them was because Welker dropped passes.

oh for sure, especially to start the game when they were 3rd and 1 and made it 3rd and 21 on 3 straight penalties. But the one's I was referring to directly impacted the game...most of the others just made better field position for NE.

Freddy is still a great back, fumbles aside. I like how they give them both their touches, but imo Jackson should be used more when the game is close or Buffalo somehow has a lead and Spiller should get more touches when they are trailing.
jakewalters
11/11/12 8:15:30PM
YES!!!! TIE GAME!
george112
11/11/12 8:29:15PM
Rams pretty much shot themselves in the foot
Bubbles
11/11/12 11:14:18PM

Posted by george112

as did SF. Ties in sports is one of the lamest things ever. It's part of the reason why I don't watch soccer.
Ordep
11/11/12 11:29:49PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by george112

as did SF. Ties in sports is one of the lamest things ever. It's part of the reason why I don't watch soccer.

Yep!... Imagine paying an NFL ticket to a tie game. Your team didn't lose but you still don't have a reason to celebrate.
george112
11/11/12 11:58:34PM
Texans = The best team in the NFL right now
airkerma
11/12/12 9:53:27AM
0-3 in fantasy this weekend, but the Bengals won and I made $50 on the Denver game. I think it worked out just fine for me.
Bubbles
11/12/12 2:19:37PM

Posted by Ordep
Yep!... Imagine paying an NFL ticket to a tie game. Your team didn't lose but you still don't have a reason to celebrate.

but you have a rare occasion to drink to
airkerma
11/12/12 2:25:07PM
Has the NFL ever released a statement addressing how a tie game is a reasonable outcome in a sport that could easily have a sudden death OT? I say let them play, ties are stupid.
jakewalters
11/12/12 3:11:28PM
Wow, cool infographic on the NFL. Going clockwise, each team has beaten the next this season. Gotta love a league with so much parity

Bubbles
11/12/12 4:14:36PM

Posted by airkerma

Has the NFL ever released a statement addressing how a tie game is a reasonable outcome in a sport that could easily have a sudden death OT? I say let them play, ties are stupid.

they partially eliminated a sudden death OT by allowing the other team a possession after giving up a FG. I agree, it's not like these guys are playing the next night...or 6 days later
BuffaloDave
11/16/12 12:23:49AM
HUGE win for the Bills tonight. Like I said on twitter before the game, the defense needed a huge game, they sure as hell delivered.

Spiller did his thing, like he has all season, he showed how he should be the primary RB, like most of us Bills fans believe, well at least the logical ones. Michael Irivin also showed he loves him some Spiller.

Fitz was Fitz, still can't hit a WR in running down the sideline, but not totally his fault as there was a few pass interference plays against the Phins, and our WR's have no breakaway speed.

I feel bad for Chris Sabal, those Dolphins that looked promising a few weeks ago, are falling fast.
Bubbles
11/16/12 12:58:42AM

Posted by BuffaloDave

I feel bad for Chris Sabal, those Dolphins that looked promising a few weeks ago, are falling fast.

Sparky is a Cardinals fan...he's basically going through what we did last year.

One one hand I'm happy Buffalo won on prime time. On the other I just want them to tank, finish 5-11, get a top 7 pick and draft a WR. Donald Jones sucks. Brad Smith is useless unless hes returning a kick. Graham has not shown us that he can be anything more than a #3. Nelson isn't anything more than a decent slot receiver when healthy. Fitz has 1 legit WR, an underused TE, and his RBs as his only options....and Chandler/Spiller/Jackson block a lot of the time.

This season is all but over. They need to fire their D coordinator (even though they looked good tonight) and find someone to compliment Stevie.
kopower
11/18/12 10:10:31PM
Sounds like Gronk broke his forearm. He was having another huge year. Wonder how long he'll be out?
Bubbles
11/18/12 11:23:15PM

Posted by kopower

Sounds like Gronk broke his forearm. He was having another huge year. Wonder how long he'll be out?

the guy on the SNF desk beside Dungy said it took him 6 weeks to recover...so basically we won't see him til the playoffs as NE will have locked up the division in a couple weeks

can someone explain how Chad effing Henne and the Jags almost beat the Texans?
george112
11/22/12 2:53:20PM
Lions coach just fucked up BIG time
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20