The Official 2012 MLB Season Thread

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » The Official 2012 MLB Season Thread
« Previous Page | Next Page »
pmoney
4/26/12 2:41:37PM
Congrats on winning that series Ordep! Fucking Javy Guerra, he's gonna have as many losses as saves in no time.... I hope the Dodgers start throwing around that investment group money for some help in the bullpen!
Ordep
4/26/12 6:04:54PM

Posted by pmoney

Congrats on winning that series Ordep! Fucking Javy Guerra, he's gonna have as many losses as saves in no time.... I hope the Dodgers start throwing around that investment group money for some help in the bullpen!

I think they'll give him one more chance before start swaping him and Jensen between the 8th and 9th.
Bubbles
4/27/12 12:14:30AM
hes pitched in 11 out of 19 games...give the guy some slack
pmoney
4/30/12 2:32:52AM

Posted by Bubbles

hes pitched in 11 out of 19 games...give the guy some slack

I'm a passionate fan, Bubbles

I may be too hard on the guy.... But then, there are instances like Friday when we were up 3-1 in the ninth and Guerra gave up two runs to send us in to extras. Out of the Dodgers six losses, five have come in our opponents last at bat, and I am sure Guerra has at least three of those L's on his record. I suppose that's really the only thing I can bitch about though.
Ordep
4/30/12 10:47:24PM
old and outdated but still awesome

Bubbles
5/6/12 9:27:30PM
King Albert has finally woken from his hibernation
cowcatcher
5/9/12 10:51:03AM
#5 starter, SS, 1B all out for the season in the past 3 weeks, and Carlos Gomez is on the DL after a great start. This is not looking good.
Ordep
5/9/12 12:38:28PM

Posted by cowcatcher

#5 starter, SS, 1B all out for the season in the past 3 weeks, and Carlos Gomez is on the DL after a great start. This is not looking good.

that plus a steroidless Braun, Brewers are toast
Boo_Radley21
5/9/12 12:52:04PM
go jays
thevoodooninja
5/9/12 2:28:42PM
My indians are in 1st place

For now...
Ordep
5/10/12 1:17:08PM
Crybabies complaining about park dimensions

I called this the first time I saw the design of the new Marlins park "Stanton won't be happy". It seems they built that atrocity to help Reyes and Ramirez to get triples and iHR by hitting the gaps. Won't be long before they move the fences in.

Pussies, they should be grateful they are not playing on the Polo Grounds
pmoney
5/23/12 7:48:15AM
The Dodgers are owning so far. We are basically fucked up with injuries, somehow managed to pull off some good victories and a quarter of the way through the season we sfill have the best record in baseball. Granted, keeping that mojo the entire season will be the real test.

I didn't think Bobby Abreu was the player we wanted, but he has certainly exceeded my expectations thus far with his contributions. I would still like to see some more pitching come our way before the trade deadline, if nothing else.
Adrenaline
5/23/12 9:35:44AM
WAR Larry Wayne Jones

My life sucks though so I don't have TV in my apartment and haven't been able to follow this season very well. Does anyone have a MLB.TV subscription? Is it worth the cash?
Bubbles
5/26/12 3:56:42PM
Josh Hamilton

nuf said
ChrisSabal
5/31/12 12:41:39PM
former neighbor of mine will be making his MLB debut on Friday against the Yankees.
Bubbles
5/31/12 5:27:00PM

Posted by ChrisSabal

former neighbor of mine will be making his MLB debut on Friday against the Yankees.

whos that?
ChrisSabal
5/31/12 8:25:51PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by ChrisSabal

whos that?

Casey Crosby
spang714
5/31/12 9:14:24PM
Im new here...so I'll just make this known...

Ordep
6/1/12 1:10:31AM
Niceee!!! We needed a Rangers fan here since most of the American League talk around is Shawn with his Yankees and BSB with his Sox. $20 love his Royals but they are still the Royals. Bubbles will throw the random "Go Jays!" but he's more into St. Louis and eventually his man-crush on Pujols will make him an Angels fan.

Welcome aboard!
Bubbles
6/1/12 7:36:28AM
Angels have Vernon Wells, I can't be a fan of them
Ordep
6/1/12 10:39:57AM

Posted by Bubbles

Angels have Vernon Wells, I can't be a fan of them

It's actually a perfect scenario, merging the former Jays and Cards stars into a team, plus you gotta love both of those contracts
gartface
6/1/12 10:46:30AM
Haven't followed baseball that heavily since the Killer Bs retired, and Oswalt and Berkman departed Houston.
cowcatcher
6/1/12 3:04:11PM
I'm pretty sure the 2012 season is history already for me as a Brewers fan. Too many injuries, and not enough hitting = a lost season. I'll still watch, but not every game, it's just too painful.
Ordep
6/1/12 3:15:36PM

Posted by cowcatcher

I'm pretty sure the 2012 season is history already for me as a Brewers fan. Too many injuries, and not enough hitting = a lost season. I'll still watch, but not every game, it's just too painful.

All that even with Braun sneaking out of his 50-game susp
cowcatcher
6/1/12 3:21:54PM

Posted by Ordep

Posted by cowcatcher

All that even with Braun sneaking out of his 50-game susp

He's the only one that could swing a bat that's stayed healthy this season(since Lucroy's wife decided to crush his hand under a suitcase the other day). His numbers haven't suffered at all this year, which is a pleasant surprise because I didn't know what to expect. I'm going to go ahead an assume he just took some spoiled herp meds and that's what triggered the failed test.
Ordep
6/4/12 11:59:41PM
And there is some hope!!!!!

Not only Beltran is playing decently this season but today with the 1st overall pick of the MLB Draft the Houston Astros selected Carlos Correa from Puerto Rico

It's good to know that still some kids down there are choosing to play ball instead of going after drugs and reggaeton.
Kpro
6/5/12 3:39:09AM
Hopefully my Mariners solved their last decade of catcher woes with their pick today grabbing C - Mike Zunino out of Florida. Glad they're finally going for more pro-ready players with LHP Hultzen at #2 last year being a JR, same as Zunino at #3 this year, both from solid major colleges.

I still can't look at a catcher pick and not think of 2005 when we took C - Jeff Clement at #3 based on need (same pick as this year), and he never panned out and the next 4 picks were Ryan Zimmerman, Ryan Braun, Ricky Romero, Troy Tulowitzki with Andrew McCutchen and Jay Bruce a few picks later. Shoot me now.

I like what I've seen from Zunino though and my fingers are crossed.
Shawn91111
6/27/12 6:26:59PM
Fucking hell CC and Andy out...damnit!
BuffaloDave
6/27/12 7:38:59PM

Posted by Shawn91111

To bad the Jays signed Moyer earlier in the week.
Bubbles
6/27/12 7:44:40PM

Posted by Shawn91111

its not like 4/5 of you're starting rotation has left games due to injury in a 2 week span...with 3 of them happening in 5 days
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12