The Official 2012 MLB Season Thread

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » The Official 2012 MLB Season Thread
« Previous Page | Next Page »
cowcatcher
4/11/12 5:20:37PM
Close this out Ax Man, so we can make it a 4 game sweep of the Cubbies tomorrow!
pmoney
4/12/12 4:46:36PM

Posted by Bubbles

San Diego scored 8 runs?? lol (and yes that is all I am taking from that)

You're a real dick, Bubbles

In spite of that, the Dodgers are 5-1, tied for best in the Majors. Billingsley is 2-0, tied for the lead in the majors. Andre Ethier has 10 rbi already, tied for the lead in the majors.... We aren't even two weeks in to April yet, so I'll enjoy the success while it lasts lol. I'm hoping once the new ownership situation is concrete, we can get some better starting pitching and or some more bats.
Bubbles
4/12/12 5:47:48PM

Posted by FlashyG

With the Cubs fans we have on this board, I'm surprised this new MLB the show commercial hasn't been posted yet.

Video

i saw that the other day, I couldnt stop laughing
Bubbles
4/12/12 5:52:51PM

Posted by pmoney

Posted by Bubbles

San Diego scored 8 runs?? lol (and yes that is all I am taking from that)

You're a real dick, Bubbles

In spite of that, the Dodgers are 5-1, tied for best in the Majors.

haha i guess I'll add to the dickness....they played SD and Pitts, 2 of the worst teams in the NL lol. They have such an easy schedule that if they dont finish April like 16-7 then they have no chance at a playoff berth
Bubbles
4/12/12 5:54:04PM

Posted by cowcatcher

May the best team get to 161 first.

St Louis is that much closer to finishing with 160 wins
pmoney
4/12/12 6:45:12PM

Posted by Bubbles

haha i guess I'll add to the dickness....they played SD and Pitts, 2 of the worst teams in the NL lol. They have such an easy schedule that if they dont finish April like 16-7 then they have no chance at a playoff berth

You are in the early running for "Player Hater of the Year 2012", Bubbles! These are what we call confidence building wins. That our bats and our bullpen can overcome the fact we have Chris Capuano as a starter says a lot to me, I don't care what team we are playing against! A lot of people were picking the Dbacks for the NL side of the World Series this year, and they just lost twice to the SD team we beat 3 out of 4, so
Bubbles
4/12/12 10:37:06PM

Posted by pmoney

You are in the early running for "Player Hater of the Year 2012", Bubbles! These are what we call confidence building wins. That our bats and our bullpen can overcome the fact we have Chris Capuano as a starter says a lot to me, I don't care what team we are playing against! A lot of people were picking the Dbacks for the NL side of the World Series this year, and they just lost twice to the SD team we beat 3 out of 4, so

haha happy to be considered I would much rather have Capuano than Westbrook pitching for my team.
Ordep
4/12/12 11:48:53PM

like a child on Xmas eve right now, so ready for tomorrow

|> /> |> /> |> /> |> /> |> /> |> /> |> /> |> />
Ordep
4/14/12 1:48:05AM

had a fucking blast, Turner Field was bananuts, great win for the Braves I'll throw some pics later
cowcatcher
4/14/12 2:23:32AM

Posted by Ordep

had a fucking blast, Turner Field was bananuts, great win for the Braves I'll throw some pics later

It sucked.
pmoney
4/14/12 7:25:15AM

Posted by Bubbles

haha happy to be considered I would much rather have Capuano than Westbrook pitching for my team.

I'm sure this statement goes double after tonight! 9 consecutive strikeouts for Capuano? Dude was one away from tying the MLB all time record, two from owning it. Out of all the HOF pitchers the Dodgers have fielded, none of them have done that. The sad thing is, he needs to have 13 K's and a low ERA every game to even make the team next year.

It's too bad we fucked that lead off though. But hey, the Dodgers still won. A walk off walk on four straight, two out BB is no small feat for any team in any situation.

pmoney
4/14/12 11:30:36AM
Man I must have gotten so high I forgot who pitched. Harang put up the good numbers last night
Ordep
4/15/12 3:37:32AM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by Ordep

It sucked.

haha! got my broom ready for tomorrow!
BuffaloDave
4/15/12 12:06:52PM

Posted by Ordep

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by Ordep

It sucked.

Kimbrel his been shakey, but still closing it out, without letting any runs in.

Nice to see Heyward hitting the ball good, he's not crushing the ball over the walls, but getting good solid hits. If only Freeman could wake up and do the same.
cowcatcher
4/15/12 12:29:25PM

Posted by Ordep

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by Ordep

It sucked.

When the Brewers win I want you to polish that broom up, turn it sideways, and I think you know the rest.

It's seriously been a rougher start to the season than I hoped for. I'm confident that once Aramis finds his stroke, things will improve.
Ordep
4/15/12 4:55:38PM

Posted by cowcatcher

When the Brewers win I want you to polish that broom up, turn it sideways, and I think you know the rest.

cowcatcher
4/15/12 5:24:40PM
Ordep
4/15/12 10:40:57PM

Hey all, I'm trying to get an MLB related side-game rolling in the Side games forum. Check it out, it's super simple and won't require much time from you

CLICK HERE

we only need 5 more c'mon sign up
Ordep
4/16/12 1:27:01PM
HOW TO BUILD A CIRCUS

1. Get funny costumes for your clowns

2. Set up the tent

3. Get the theme song !!!

Click at your own risk

4. Start the jokes!

cowcatcher
4/18/12 11:25:49PM
P$ will not be pleased.

MVP!
Ordep
4/24/12 3:47:44AM
Jurrjens sent to AAA after 4th consecutive crappy start (which goes back to 2011's second half streak of horrible performance)

It's just sad, after all the knee problems and surgeries he lost 5MPH from his fastball and have close to zero command. Most people think he's done for good.
cowcatcher
4/24/12 10:15:44AM

Posted by Ordep

Jurrjens sent to AAA after 4th consecutive crappy start (which goes back to 2011's second half streak of horrible performance)

It's just sad, after all the knee problems and surgeries he lost 5MPH from his fastball and have close to zero command. Most people think he's done for good.

He only lasted 2 starts in my fantasy league before getting dumped, so at least the Braves gave him a chance to work it out. It's a shame, but he's sadly not going to be the last guy to have a career derailed by an injury.
BuffaloDave
4/24/12 10:32:49AM

Posted by Ordep

I think it's to early to write him off, at 26 he's still young, I think the best thing for him would take the rest of the year off, look into the procedure Kobe did for his knees in Europe.

I don't think this is the last of him, maybe as a starter, but he can always make it back to work out of the bullpen.
pmoney
4/24/12 1:38:30PM

Posted by cowcatcher

P$ will not be pleased.

MVP!

Sorry I haven't checked the thread in a minute. If I am not mistaken 4/18/12 was our extra innings loss when Matt Kemp "didn't" throw out that Brewers baserunner from dead center in the bottom of the tenth for the final out lol we need instant replay in all sports. It takes no time. Anyhow, that was a close series! Could've been a sweep either way.

Now my Dodgers and Ordep's Braves are locking horns! I'm pleased with how Juan Urjibe played yesterday. If he can stay healthy and actually produce this year that'd be great.

Ordep
4/24/12 2:13:11PM

Posted by pmoney

Posted by cowcatcher

P$ will not be pleased.

MVP!

Sorry I haven't checked the thread in a minute. If I am not mistaken 4/18/12 was our extra innings loss when Matt Kemp "didn't" throw out that Brewers baserunner from dead center in the bottom of the tenth for the final out lol we need instant replay in all sports. It takes no time. Anyhow, that was a close series! Could've been a sweep either way.

Now my Dodgers and Ordep's Braves are locking horns! I'm pleased with how Juan Urjibe played yesterday. If he can stay healthy and actually produce this year that'd be great.

F* Uribe. I hate that guy since the error he made to cost Sanchez the Perfect game. I hate the Giants too but wanted a PuertoRican to join the perfect list.

At least we won't see Kershaw in the series
Bubbles
4/24/12 7:57:38PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by Ordep

He only lasted 2 starts in my fantasy league before getting dumped, so at least the Braves gave him a chance to work it out. It's a shame, but he's sadly not going to be the last guy to have a career derailed by an injury.

I traded for him in my salary cap dynasty league I still get to own his ass for 2 more years after this season
ChrisSabal
4/24/12 11:35:54PM
Cubs do it again and beat the Cards on a game winner!
Ordep
4/25/12 8:56:23PM

The Mariners already scored 7 for Felix
BuffaloDave
4/25/12 10:23:02PM

Posted by Ordep

The Mariners already scored 7 for Felix

They never give him a comfortable lead, that deserves a few more
Ordep
4/26/12 1:15:17AM
Braves embarked in a 7 game roadtrip vs NL contenders in ARI and LAD

3 of 4 vs. ARI
2 of 3 vs. LAD

I'll take that 5-2 roadtrip vs those teams. Bring on them 'Nats.

***emfleek is beating me in the Pground fantasy league due to the Braves pounding Javy Guerra but I don't care

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12