The Official 2012 MLB Season Thread

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » The Official 2012 MLB Season Thread
« Previous Page | Next Page »
ChrisSabal
4/5/12 5:03:14PM
Dempster pitches an absolute gem and Wood and Marmol blow the game for us.
Ordep
4/5/12 5:17:42PM
Fucking Braves still can't hit the damn ball, and screw all the fans with the "it still early in the season bla bla". If you remember what happened last year then shut up. I want my team to go 162-0, period.

Sorry, angry drunk rant.
Bubbles
4/5/12 11:18:17PM

Posted by cowcatcher

The Cubs quest for 104 has begun. Maybe they could join the Clippers and form some type of super franchise and keep this thing going another century or so.

you cant forget the Maple Leafs.....1967
Bubbles
4/5/12 11:24:09PM
- Roy Halladay once again shows why he is the greatest pitcher (edit for CC ) still playing

- how about that 16 inning marathon between the Jays and Indians? I started watching that game in the 7th inning when it was 4-1 and didn't stop until the final out in the 16th. Really happy that the Jays pen is no longer a complete shit show like last year tossing 11 scoreless innings. JPA is a beast. Longest game ever for a season opener, innings wise apparently. Almost 5h 30 min

- Bailey goes down for half the season and the Red Sox blow the save...right after Valverde blows his first save since September 2010
cowcatcher
4/6/12 12:21:07AM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by cowcatcher

The Cubs quest for 104 has begun. Maybe they could join the Clippers and form some type of super franchise and keep this thing going another century or so.

you cant forget the Maple Leafs.....1967

Is that some sort of Ultimate Tazerball Team?

P.S. Bob Gibson and Sandy Koufax are still kicking, no offense to Doc.
Bubbles
4/6/12 12:46:25AM

Posted by cowcatcher

Is that some sort of Ultimate Tazerball Team?

Might as well be, they cant play hockey

P.S. Bob Gibson and Sandy Koufax are still kicking, no offense to Doc.

as is Nolan Ryan. I meant still in the game...I've edited it for you
cowcatcher
4/6/12 12:12:19PM

Posted by Bubbles

I meant still in the game...I've edited it for you

You were the brink of a ban, buddy.
Shawn91111
4/6/12 7:27:36PM
Thats it ...waive Mo and CC. It's over
Ordep
4/6/12 8:29:23PM
just got a ticket for the Braves home opener

this is how I look right now ...

Bubbles
4/7/12 12:39:47AM
Blue Jays and Cardinals are going 162-0
cowcatcher
4/7/12 8:17:43AM

Posted by Bubbles

Sorry to rain on your parade, but with the Brew Crew going 161-1 the Cards can't go 162-0. Go Jays though, I wouldn't hate a Crew/Jays World Series.
BuffaloDave
4/7/12 12:15:10PM

Posted by Ordep

Nice man, I'm really trying to see them play this year, being Chipper's last year, and never seen him play, he is only my favorite player.
Ordep
4/7/12 5:23:43PM

Posted by BuffaloDave

Posted by Ordep

Nice man, I'm really trying to see them play this year, being Chipper's last year, and never seen him play, he is only my favorite player.

Check out if you can go when they play the Mets up there later in the season. If you want to see Chipper, vs the Mets in NY is the best way as he usually does really good up there.

Turner Field is just 1:30 away from me right now and I wish I could go to a bunch of games but gas $$ and parking $$ makes it almost impossible. No problem with the tickets thou, I usually get the promotional $1-$5 ones and just hang around in the outfield restaurant until the 4th inning then sneak into a good section
FlashyG
4/7/12 6:21:23PM

Posted by Bubbles

Jays move to 2-0 today...They played more than 3 games worth of innings to do it though
pmoney
4/7/12 7:23:56PM
My Dodgers have gotten themselves off to a nice 2-0 start, albeit against the Padres. I'm pleased! I think the sale of the team will really give the Dodgers that intangible motivation factor.

I am going down to San Diego tomorrow for game four of their regular season opener! I'm fucking STOKED! I haven't been to a game since September of 2009, and I've never been to any ballpark but Dodgers Stadium.
Bubbles
4/8/12 12:02:38AM

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by Bubbles

Jays move to 2-0 today...They played more than 3 games worth of innings to do it though

The Jays are 15-4 since the beginning of last year in extra inning games...best win % in the MLB
Bubbles
4/8/12 12:04:12AM

Posted by cowcatcher

Sorry to rain on your parade, but with the Brew Crew going 161-1 the Cards can't go 162-0. Go Jays though, I wouldn't hate a Crew/Jays World Series.

damn it CC, way to jinx the Cardinals. Now we battle for the right to claim 161-1 for the NL Central lead
pmoney
4/8/12 7:20:59AM
My Dodgers coming through again! First 3-0 start in over a decade. Good extra innings win too. First week of April or not, that's the foundation I like to see being built.

Kershaw came out on opening night, threw three scoreless like no thing. Billingsley comes out the next night and goes 8 1/3 with 11 K's.... I Wasn't surprised the pitching got away from us last night, but the bats were there. My man Dee Gordon seems to be like a Juan Pierre 2.0, which is just what we need. An above .300 leadoff hitter with crazy speed.... Kemp is murdering the game so far, and I am liking what I see from Ethier... Good stuff!

Oh m
cowcatcher
4/8/12 12:23:21PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by cowcatcher

damn it CC, way to jinx the Cardinals. Now we battle for the right to claim 161-1 for the NL Central lead

May the best team get to 161 first.
BuffaloDave
4/8/12 5:28:38PM
The Braves are starting the collapse now, not in September. At least they scored some runs today.
ChrisSabal
4/8/12 6:03:22PM
once again a Cubs pitcher pitches another great game but this time the bullpen doesn't blow it for him! Great win for the Cubs
pmoney
4/9/12 1:05:15AM
Just got back from PetCo park. Dodgers lost, 8-4, but we still won the series 3-1... Never been to any park but Dodgers Stadium, and PetCo seemed real nice. Me and Mrs $ were posted in the Wells Fargo suite, and I must say that was some player shit. Private bathrooms, fridges, closets, leather couches and flat screens, a balcony with more pimp leather seats, great location behind the plate... we were rocking free booze and food.... A good time indeed.
Bubbles
4/10/12 11:29:28PM
I believe the Blue Jays catcher JP Arencebia has the highest RBI-to-hit ratio. 2 hits, 5 RBI

A's starter Tommy Milone pitched 8 scoreless innings but somehow did not strike out a single batter. That has to be some sort of record

Also Jose Bautista is wearing the sombrero tonight
Bubbles
4/10/12 11:31:03PM

Posted by pmoney

Just got back from PetCo park. Dodgers lost, 8-4, but we still won the series 3-1... Never been to any park but Dodgers Stadium, and PetCo seemed real nice. Me and Mrs $ were posted in the Wells Fargo suite, and I must say that was some player shit. Private bathrooms, fridges, closets, leather couches and flat screens, a balcony with more pimp leather seats, great location behind the plate... we were rocking free booze and food.... A good time indeed.

San Diego scored 8 runs?? lol (and yes that is all I am taking from that)
ChrisSabal
4/11/12 12:44:00AM
well it is already time to give up on my Cubs :'(
cowcatcher
4/11/12 9:32:57AM

Posted by ChrisSabal

well it is already time to give up on my Cubs :'(

Could have saved yourself some time and given up 103 years ago.

BuffaloDave
4/11/12 9:47:51AM
Chippers back and the Braves also won their 1st game of the season!!!
BuffaloDave
4/11/12 11:30:28AM
That didn't take to long, David Wright out already with a broken pinkie.
FlashyG
4/11/12 2:40:30PM
With the Cubs fans we have on this board, I'm surprised this new MLB the show commercial hasn't been posted yet.

Video
Ordep
4/11/12 3:07:37PM
My ticket to hell got cheaper, but this shit cracked me up

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12