The Official 2012 MLB Season Thread

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » The Official 2012 MLB Season Thread
Next Page »
Bubbles
3/13/12 3:37:13PM
This is the place for any and all baseball talk for this upcoming season. I can't wait for March 28 to arrive
emfleek
3/13/12 3:39:16PM

Bubbles
3/13/12 3:45:30PM
I got 2 teams to cheer for...my #1a St Louis Cardinals (been a fan since I was 9 or 10 when McGuire was hitting 70 jacks), and my #1b Toronto Blue Jays (gotta root for my hometown boys)

emfleek
3/13/12 3:49:16PM

Posted by Bubbles

I got 2 teams to cheer for...my #1a St Louis Cardinals

Dude...make that a $50,000 fine.

I'm expecting to find out soon that Rex Ryan is your favorite NFL coach and Phillip Rivers is your favorite QB.

Twenty20Dollars
3/13/12 3:55:33PM
Bubbles
3/13/12 3:55:44PM
oh god no. Bills fan with no favourite QB (though Brees won me a league and finished 3rd last year). Baseball is the only sport where I support 2 teams (NY Rangers, Dallas Mavericks until Jason Kidd retires - then its to the Raptors).

my favourite NFL coach is whoever has the balls to coach the Browns lol
BuffaloDave
3/13/12 3:58:39PM
Let's go,

Pitching staff should be fine, not liking they didn't address some help with the bats. Hoping Heyward just had a really really bad sophmore slump, and will morph back into one of the next big things to come.
Ordep
3/13/12 4:36:19PM
Dave, a Braves fan? nice I won't feel alone around here this season

Many things to be excited and concerned about this season;

* Derek Lowe gone and the youngsters (Delgado, Teheran, Minor, Beachy) looking good

* Hopefully Uggla won't take half a season to start producing

* Heyward bounce back? Sophomore slump last year , been working really hard the offseason, dropped a lot of weight and been having a lot of BP sessions with the new hitting coach and is also taking a new approach so he won't get manhandled down and in (oops) like last year

* Jurjens and Hanson injuries , Hanson working on a new throwing motion

* Gonzo gone so D at SS should be a step down with rookie Tyler Pastornicky taking over , but the offense there should be improved

* Chipper probably will not play more than 135 games but we can pull Prado from LF and Diaz will cover up there

* A whole year with a true leadoff hitter and running threat Michael Bourn

* After the overuse of O'Flaherty-Venters-Kimbrel resulting in screwing up at the end of the season, hopefully Fredi G will be aware and more carefully using them. In reality, offense need to step up and produce runs to give these guys more days off.

* Freddie Freeman was awesome last year, slump this year? I hope not.

* Our bench is still solid with Hinske-Ross-Diaz providing quality PH personnel, so excited that Conrad is gone. Yes he had some late inning bat-magic but I haven't forgive him for screwing up on D during the NLDS 2010.

* The potential line-up looks very interesting if they can produced at least close to their potential

Bourn 8
Prado 7
Chipper 5
McCann 2
Uggla 4
Freeman 3
Heyward 9
Pastornicky 6
P 1

TeamDEY
3/13/12 5:53:58PM

Posted by Bubbles

I got 2 teams to cheer for...my #1a St Louis Cardinals (been a fan since I was 9 or 10 when McGuire was hitting 70 jacks), and my #1b Toronto Blue Jays (gotta root for my hometown boys)

I'm an Angels fan... Thanks for Albert!
BuffaloDave
3/13/12 7:14:33PM

Posted by Ordep

Dave, a Braves fan? nice I won't feel alone around here this season

Many things to be excited and concerned about this season;

* Derek Lowe gone and the youngsters (Delgado, Teheran, Minor, Beachy) looking good

* Hopefully Uggla won't take half a season to start producing

* Heyward bounce back? Sophomore slump last year , been working really hard the offseason, dropped a lot of weight and been having a lot of BP sessions with the new hitting coach and is also taking a new approach so he won't get manhandled down and in (oops) like last year

* Jurjens and Hanson injuries , Hanson working on a new throwing motion

* Gonzo gone so D at SS should be a step down with rookie Tyler Pastornicky taking over , but the offense there should be improved

* Chipper probably will not play more than 135 games but we can pull Prado from LF and Diaz will cover up there

* A whole year with a true leadoff hitter and running threat Michael Bourn

* After the overuse of O'Flaherty-Venters-Kimbrel resulting in screwing up at the end of the season, hopefully Fredi G will be aware and more carefully using them. In reality, offense need to step up and produce runs to give these guys more days off.

* Freddie Freeman was awesome last year, slump this year? I hope not.

* Our bench is still solid with Hinske-Ross-Diaz providing quality PH personnel, so excited that Conrad is gone. Yes he had some late inning bat-magic but I haven't forgive him for screwing up on D during the NLDS 2010.

Don't forget Jose Constanza coming off the bench as well.

Definitely wouldn't mind some veteran help at SS, Josh Wilson doesn't cut it.
Ordep
3/13/12 8:10:14PM

Posted by BuffaloDave

Don't forget Jose Constanza coming off the bench as well.

Definitely wouldn't mind some veteran help at SS, Josh Wilson doesn't cut it.

Constanza! Man I hated so much that Fredi benched him in the last weeks too, he was doing fine. I guess they will platoon him w/ Diaz depending on the pitcher when Chipper is out. I do see him PR a lot.

Yep, Wilson is not great behind Tyler but for what we were looking there weren't many options at SS in the market. Vizquel was out there but he's like almost 76
Twenty20Dollars
3/13/12 9:01:03PM
Added wild card's also.

We'll see how that goes.
Shawn91111
3/13/12 10:58:08PM
Yankees obviously. Staying healthy and hopefully the younger guys come through.
Bubbles
3/13/12 11:01:41PM

Posted by TeamDEY

Posted by Bubbles

I'm an Angels fan... Thanks for Albert!

You guys offered like $30,000,000-$50,000,000 more than us so w/e let him run to the money. We got our 2 World Series banners I do wish him well, and in that ballpark he should continue to destroy pitchers. Is Morales going to be your DH this year? If so, where is Trumbo going to play?
Bubbles
3/13/12 11:03:38PM

Posted by Ordep
Yep, Wilson is not great behind Tyler but for what we were looking there weren't many options at SS in the market. Vizquel was out there but he's like almost 76

The Jays picked him up lol 50 year old bench infielder will probably beat out Mike McCoy for that spot
ChrisSabal
3/21/12 1:19:24PM
guys, guys, guys we all know the Cubs are winning the world series this year.
Ordep
3/21/12 1:53:32PM

Posted by ChrisSabal

guys, guys, guys we all know the Cubs are winning the world series this year.

Hmmmm, not sure if serious.

Theo will make them better, but it won't show this early
Bubbles
3/21/12 2:04:48PM
things more likely happening before the Cubs win the World Series:

- Maple Leafs winning the Stanley Cup (though this is debatable)
- Tiger Woods breaking the record for most Majors won
- Tiger Woods regaining #1 in the world
- Danica Patrick winning the NASCAR Sprint Cup championship
- Nick Diaz giving up marijuana
- Mark Hunt winning the HW title
- Tim Tebow winning the Superbowl
- me having a threesome with Brittney Palmer and Arianny Celeste
Ordep
3/27/12 4:06:38PM

Remember guys:

Unofficial opening day but official start of the season is tomorrow with the A's and the M's kicking off their two game series in Japan.
Shawn91111
3/29/12 10:27:56AM
Horrible for MLB to start an opening day in Japan when nobody really new about it. Play a series there during mid to late April fine, but to deprive an American sport the opening day for the fans sucks.
Bubbles
3/29/12 10:48:10AM
well they do owe it to the Japanese baseball fans for taking virtually all of their top talent over the past decade. The fact that is wasn't on TV except for the team's local channels was a mistake. It's only a 2 game series between 2 bottom feeder teams, who house a bunch of Japanese players, anyways - its not like its a Red Sox vs Yankees season opener.
Ordep
3/29/12 11:58:27AM

Posted by Shawn91111

Horrible for MLB to start an opening day in Japan when nobody really new about it. Play a series there during mid to late April fine, but to deprive an American sport the opening day for the fans sucks.

AMERICA. FUCK YEAH!

Nobody knew? I did and so did a bunch of people that I know that are baseball fans, we even watched yesterday's game.
Shawn91111
3/30/12 7:17:40AM

Posted by Ordep

Posted by Shawn91111

AMERICA. FUCK YEAH!

Nobody knew? I did and so did a bunch of people that I know that are baseball fans, we even watched yesterday's game.

I cant tell how many people at my work, my drive home listening to Boomer and Carton in the morning and the callers calling in didnt know.
Ordep
3/30/12 11:18:41AM
Pseudo-fans then
Shawn91111
3/30/12 12:45:32PM

Posted by Ordep

Pseudo-fans then

Not at all, just lack of MLB getting the word out. I just read 5 different sites that have questioned why in Japan and did anyone really notice type articles.
cowcatcher
3/30/12 1:04:41PM

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by Ordep

Pseudo-fans then

Not at all, just lack of MLB getting the word out. I just read 5 different sites that have questioned why in Japan and did anyone really notice type articles.

If any of those people play fantasy baseball you'd think that they would be in the know about it though.

EDIT: I do agree that I didn't love the games being played so early there either.
BuffaloDave
3/31/12 9:03:32PM
Royals extended Alex Gordon 4 yrs $37.5M
ChrisSabal
4/4/12 8:24:52PM
Cards are looking good against a normally very strong Josh Johnson. Also, Freese still has ice in those veins.
Bubbles
4/5/12 12:03:47AM
My Cardinals picked up right where they left off...sans Pujols and TLR. Really surprised Loshe got the start - I figured Garcia would get the nod
cowcatcher
4/5/12 1:49:28PM
The Cubs quest for 104 has begun. Maybe they could join the Clippers and form some type of super franchise and keep this thing going another century or so.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12