Official K-1 Thread

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Official K-1 Thread
« Previous Page
DCRage
7/13/09 6:39:55AM
Weigh-ins were held yesterday for today's K-1 World MAX event, I'll put up results later if I can get them (Japan-MMA will have delayed results). One item of note: HIROYA missed weight for his 62kg superfight against Kiko Lopez. He came in 1.7 kg over, so according to the rules this likely means he's docked 2 points on the cards before the fight even begins.
DCRage
8/11/09 8:54:21AM
The World GP In Tokyo Final 16 Qualifying was held today, Daniel Ghita won. Melvin Manhoef won his first fight by 1st round TKO but couldn't continue, apparently a shin injury. Yuki Nimura replaced him against Ghita.
ncordless
8/13/09 10:49:12AM

Posted by DCRage

Weigh-ins were held yesterday for today's K-1 World MAX event, I'll put up results later if I can get them (Japan-MMA will have delayed results). One item of note: HIROYA missed weight for his 62kg superfight against Kiko Lopez. He came in 1.7 kg over, so according to the rules this likely means he's docked 2 points on the cards before the fight even begins.

That is a crazy rule. I kind of like it because it really does punish the fighter for not making weight. However, I don't like seeing fights all but decided before they even begin.
Mayhem13
9/11/09 8:47:18PM
Is there a K1 event October 17th?

Overeem said that he is fighting Aerts on the 17th..but he didn't say where, other then in Holland.

I don't follow k1 too closely, but I haven't heard much about this fight yet.
cowcatcher
9/11/09 8:55:12PM
i believe hes fighting aerts on the 26th of this month, but ill have to check on that.

EDIT: yeah hes got aerts at the opening round of the GP the 26th and is fighting mighty mo on oct. 17 at the golden glory 10 year anniversary show.
Mayhem13
9/11/09 10:20:17PM

Posted by cowcatcher

i believe hes fighting aerts on the 26th of this month, but ill have to check on that.

EDIT: yeah hes got aerts at the opening round of the GP the 26th and is fighting mighty mo on oct. 17 at the golden glory 10 year anniversary show.

Ok cool, thanks!

Haha dude has his opponents and dates all mixed up...poor guy. Hopefully he knows!
BDON911
9/23/09 1:51:17AM
Final 16 Video Clips

Released by K1. Some good stuff.
DCRage
9/25/09 6:32:44AM
Tonight's/tomorrow's Final 16 in Seoul will air in the US on HDNet. LIVE broadcast starts at 3:30 AM ET (12:30 AM PT) and replays tomorrow at 11 PM ET.
DCRage
10/27/09 6:36:22AM
K-1 MAX 2009 Final 8 Results from Monday morning:
K-1 Koshien (U-18) Final 8 (3 2-minute rounds):
Masaaki Nori beat Keisuke Miyamoto by unanimous decision.
Shota Shimada beat beat Hiroki Akimoto by unanimous decision.
Katsuki Ishida beat Tsukasa Fuji by unanimous decision.
HIROYA beat Ryuya Kusakabe by split decision.

Main card:
Xu Yan beat Yuichiro Nagashima by KO at 1:04 of round 1.

K-1 MAX Final 4 (3 3-minute rounds, 1 extra round if Draw):
Giorgio Petrosyan beat Yuya Yamamoto by KO at 2:09 of round 1.
Andy Souwer beat Buakaw Por.Pramuk by split decision in extra round.
Reserve Fight: Yoshihiro Sato beat Yasuhiro Kido by KO at 2:23 of round 2.

Jae Hee Cheon beat Kazuhisa Watanabe by split decision.
Albert Kraus beat Kozo Takeda by TKO at 2:19 of round 2.
Gago Drago beat Taishin Kohiriuimaki by unanimous decision.
Artur Kyshenko beat Toofan Salafzoon by KO at 1:50 of round 3.
HINATA beat Mike Zambidis by unanimous decision.

K-1 MAX Finals: Giorgio Petrosyan beat Yuya Yamamoto by unanimous decision to win the 2009 K-1 World MAX tournament. As a result, Petrosyan will move on to face Masato at Fields Dynamite!! on 12/31 in Masato's final career match.
EvenFlow
10/30/09 6:23:10PM
Actually Souwer lost to Petrosyan in the finals, Yuya Yamamoto was KO'd by Petrosyan earlier that night. Sucks too because I wanted to see Buakaw vs Masato 3 to settle the score.
Pages: 1 2 [3]