Official K-1 Thread

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Official K-1 Thread
« Previous Page | Next Page »
cmill21
7/15/08 1:25:41AM

Posted by juanez13

Posted by cmill21

Agreed, Ray should take a bit of time off and refocus, seems to be working for all the MMA guys right now. Also I like Karaev, he's ussually on one side of a highlight reel, either KOing or getting KO'd. I Love Remy, he's my favorite K-1 fighter right now, I hope he gets another WGP some day soon, if his hands were better I think he'd be unstoppable with his kicks, knees and amazing defense.

Agreed about Remy, but he just doesnt have the style to beat Semmy, Remy covers up way to much and against Semmy thats the big no no, he'll eat you with knees and strikers if he catches you in a corner..........to beat Semmy he'd have to be very very agressive leading with punches and not so much with kicks and knees...

Hopefully we'll get to see Hari take on Remy for a second time for the HW belt, that'd be a great fight, with Remy taking home the win...

and About Karev, he is one of the guys i enjoy watching, but he does/did have some bad luck, i mean just look at his fight with Hari, thats was just ridiculous.

You bet man. I agree about Schilt, not only the covering up but Semmy doesn't seem phased by leg kicks, I mean I'd like to see Cro Cop kick him in the legs just to see if that bothered him, I don't think it would. I'd love to see Badr vs Remy 2. I love Remy and hate Badr. Side note, what the hell happend to Junichi? He was on the fast track, looking good beating LeBanner and Fujimoto, and now he gets downed 3 times in a row, I think the LeBanner fight went to his head a bit.
hotrodttt
7/15/08 3:36:46AM
The New Buakaw HL

Link
juanez13
7/15/08 9:30:08PM
on the HL note -> here are the best K1 highlights

Peter Aerts HL:

Remy Bonjasky HL

Semmy Schilt: the Man to Beat

Jerome LeBanner HL

Ramon Dekkers HL

Mark Hunt HL

Ray Sefo HL

Masato: the Tragic Hero HL

Kaennorsing HL

Alexey Ignashov

Most were made by K1 themselves, so they are very good, and so are the rest. Really suggest watching them
cmill21
7/16/08 2:06:18AM

Posted by juanez13

on the HL note -> here are the best K1 highlights

Peter Aerts HL:

Remy Bonjasky HL

Semmy Schilt: the Man to Beat

Jerome LeBanner HL

Ramon Dekkers HL

Mark Hunt HL

Ray Sefo HL

Masato: the Tragic Hero HL

Kaennorsing HL

Alexey Ignashov

Most were made by K1 themselves, so they are very good, and so are the rest. Really suggest watching them

I liked the Cro Cop episode they had, that was a great one. I have it on my computer if anyone wants me to send it to them so they can put it on you tube or something, I also have the subtitle sheet if anyone can edit.
juanez13
7/17/08 3:05:25PM
yea man the Cro Cop one was very good too, there is a little documentary is Cro Cop in the internet but i think its all in a different language.

Also, Hoost doesnt have any good HL's, every HL i've seen of him is like 4 mins, and seems like the same version with different music, all the other top guys have tons of great HL's, especially Lebanner and Andy Hug, both guys have tons of HL's dedicated to them.

juanez13
7/18/08 2:07:40PM
Overeen vs Hunt added to DREAM 5. great match up
cmill21
7/18/08 10:41:35PM

Posted by juanez13

Just heard, man do I love the Japanese they always have these great last minuet add's, hate that Kid's out though. If I could make a HL I would make a great hoost one. I have probably the best Cro Cop HL ever made, 30 minuets long, spanning his K-1 and Pride career, made with great quality and the music is perfect, anyone know how to get it up on the net?
juanez13
7/19/08 1:58:15AM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by juanez13

Just heard, man do I love the Japanese they always have these great last minuet add's, hate that Kid's out though. If I could make a HL I would make a great hoost one. I have probably the best Cro Cop HL ever made, 30 minuets long, spanning his K-1 and Pride career, made with great quality and the music is perfect, anyone know how to get it up on the net?

Do you have a youtube account? if not, make one, doesnt take long. after you've made it , at the top beside your name it says my account, if you scroll over that it says my videos, click on it. Than at the top left, it says new, scroll over that and it says video upload, click on it. From there on is pretty simple, just follow instructions.

Would be sick to see a HL that long, always like big HL's. Although you might want to try on dailymotion.com, seems like they let have longer videos, on youtube seems like they have a time limit.
juanez13
7/22/08 11:39:52AM
Here is another really good Video i found

K-1 MAX Legends Part 1

Part 2
juanez13
7/24/08 4:35:12PM
Top Of Thailand-> Short documentary

A short documentary showing some of Thailand's finest in Muay Thai: Anuwat, Yodsanklai and Saenchai.

Part 1

Part 2

Very good
The_Ho_Bag
7/26/08 11:10:51AM
Ernesto Hoost HL-Warning horrible music =p
Ernesto Hoost HL
juanez13
7/30/08 11:18:43PM
Andy Souwer's Movie-> Its like A huge HighLight Reel of Andy, A must watch for sure!

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

Part 6

Part 7-> The End

K1 MAX 07' HL

LINK
juanez13
8/17/08 7:17:53PM
Ignashov vs Bragy confirmed for Oct 5 in Holland, Hopefully all goes to plan and Ignashov has memorable fight against his rated and dangerous opponent....

Mastodon2
10/9/08 11:36:18AM
So glad that Aerts demolished Semmy Schilt, now Jerome Le Banner has his shot for a WGP!
juanez13
10/9/08 1:00:02PM
Yea glad Aerts got through Schilt. But IMO he is in the toughest bracket out of the 2. Something tels me Schilt might still win the GP, there is a big chance of injury and no doubt Schilt will be in the reserve fight.

Masato won the K1 Max GP, not without some controversy though.
cmill21
10/29/08 7:22:24PM
juanez13
11/2/08 9:49:40AM
K1 2008 Knockouts

And here is the top 10 so far

LINK

My favorite is Feitosa vs Roberts, I love Glaube's kicks

cmill21
11/20/08 1:00:31AM
Actual K-1 KO HL's.

Link
juanez13
12/5/08 6:46:35PM
K1 WGP 2008 tonight~!!!!!!!!!

jiujitsufreak74
12/5/08 7:12:03PM

Posted by juanez13

K1 WGP 2008 tonight~!!!!!!!!!

i'm interested to see how Melvin is going to look against Slowinski (btw, what is the weight situation for this fight?) as i see Slowinski as a gate keeper.

also, i want to see how Sefo deals with Choi. maybe he can break out of his 6 fight slump and use the same strategy Hari did against Choi.
i am utterly shocked at how Schilt was paired up with Aerts so early and now will not be competing in the tournament, but i can't say i'm not happy about that.

i'm a little mad that JLB is paired up with Remy so early and that Aerts and Hari are paired up so early, all 4 of them should be in the semis imo.
juanez13
12/5/08 8:19:18PM
very interesting fights, IMO Bracket A is the toughest. Aerts/Hari/Zimmerman/Ewerton. Whoever makes it out of there will definitely have some scratches. Specially Peter with his age, if he gets past Hari he'll most likely face Zimmerman. Although beatable, the guy is a wrecking machine, and Peter wont make it out clean.

Bonjasky has put on alot of weight (went from 230 to 250), so it''ll be interesting how that affects his speed and power, he has been talking alot putting it all on the line, so I think we'll see an aggressive Bonjasky. Jerome looks focused, and if he gets past Remy he has a god chance and winning the whole thing. Although by the end his legs may be done, Remy will punish his legs, and if Saki beats Karev, Jerome will definitely take some more. They dont call Saki "The leg smasher" for nothing.

My prediction-> Peter wins the tournament, unless he gets injured. I think he'll face Remy in the finals, and will beat him to a decision. Remy doesnt have the boxing to beat Aerts, and his kicks wont to the trick against a veteran like Aerts.
DCRage
12/6/08 12:53:44PM
World GP Final Results (Spoilers)

I believe a replay airs tonight on HDNet if you missed the live broadcast.
juanez13
12/6/08 12:55:17PM
here are all the videos from the GP, (only one missing is Bonjasky vs Saki, cant seem to find it!)

Quarterfinals->
Badr Hari vs Peter Aerts

Zimmerman vs Teixeira

Saki vs Karev

Bonjasky vs LeBanner

Semifinals->

Zimmerman vs Hari (IMO best fight of the GP)

Final->
Badr Hari vs Remy Bonjasky
ncordless
12/6/08 6:30:59PM
Here is Bonjasky vs. Saki Flying Roundhouse FTW
aaa9erh8er
1/17/09 1:02:57PM
wow im new to K1 really new. and i was directed to this thread and i gotta say ive been mising out for sure im going threw and watching all the videos you have posted.
cmill21
2/27/09 4:04:42AM
Figured I'd update this with some new rumblings. Looks like Remy will be facing Alistair on March 28th. Mastadon2 would be happy to know that Jerome is fighting Glover Tiexiera.
DCRage
2/27/09 6:34:16AM
And in case you missed them a few days ago...

K-1 World MAX Japan Tournament Results
DCRage
3/25/09 7:01:54AM
Japan-MMA reported today on several fight additions/announcements for the K-1 World Max Final 16 on 4/21 in Fukuoka:
Final 16 Tournament fights (3 3-minute rounds, 1 extra round if needed):
Yoshihiro Sato vs. Drago
Buakaw Por Pramuk vs. Andre "Dida" Amade (Amade was to have fought this weekend but that's off due to visa issues)
Albert Kraus vs. Yoichiro "Jienotsu" Nagashima (Nagashima is the one who tends to come out dressed as a girl)

Opening Fight: TATSUJI vs. Ryuji

Other participation:
Masato
Artur Kyshenko
Andy Souwer
HIROYA
Murat Direkci
Nieky "The Natural" Holzken?
Taishin Kohiruimaki
Hiroki
DCRage
3/27/09 11:54:39AM
Reminder: K-1 World GP 2009 Yokohama airs LIVE TONIGHT on HDNet starting at 1 AM ET. If you miss it, replay tomorrow at 9 PM ET. Strikeforce Heavyweight Champion Alistair Overeem and feared striker Melvin Manhoef are among the big names scheduled to be in action.
DCRage
7/10/09 6:45:21AM
6 participants for the K-1 World GP Asia GP on 8/2 in Seoul were announced today according to Japan-MMA:
Takumi Sato
KOICHI (Current M-1Heavyweight Champion Koichi Pettas)
Park Yong Soo
Kim Young Hyun
Singh Jaideep
Ko Taisei
Pages: 1 [2] 3