Official K-1 Thread

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Official K-1 Thread
Next Page »
juanez13
7/10/08 9:35:15PM
I know there are a few K1 fans in these forums, so i thought i'd make a thread where K1 can be talked about, and K1 related things can be posted (Ex. K1 documentaries, cool videos etc...)

I'll put some interesting i have seen through the years-->>

K1 Greatest Martial Arts Knockouts
K-1 Worlds Greatest Martial Arts Knock Outs:
The most dramatic and hardest-hitting knockouts ever delivered on the K-1 tournament circuit with punches, kicks and knee strikes.
This release includes an 8mins Intro video called This Is K-1.

I really suggest watching these, it has a Narrator telling the fights (history of the fight, what going on, explains, etc...) in English, its about 45 minutes long, and worth every minute of it.

K1 greatest martial arts knockouts Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5-> last Part

Peter Aerts Official Tribute Made by K1

its a 25 minute documentary of Peter Aerts.
profile from the one of the greatest K1 fighters of all time, recognized as the toughest kickboxer of the 20th Century, and has recently been nicknamed Mr.K1. Includes Narrator in English, with interviews of him in english, and his history, memorable fights etc... again i highly suggest watching it!

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Andy Hug The Story
Highlight that is exceptionally good, includes interview with Hoost, Aerts, Sefo amongst others after Andy's death.

Part 1

Part 2

Please feel free to add your own, thats what i've got for now but i'll post later once i get the rest together.
hotrodttt
7/10/08 10:20:36PM
I don't know as much as a K-1 Fan watching it all of their life but I've been watching it for 3 Years now.

MAX Tournament - Mastao looked Amazing and I wanted and thought Kraus would Win

EON
7/10/08 10:31:57PM
I could be one of the biggest K-1 nutthuggers around what with the dutch culture its almost impossible not to hear about some matches going on, even ametuer matches.
juanez13
7/10/08 10:34:01PM
Max 08'-> Buakaw didnt look like himself, but Sato defenately outworked him, very surprised with Sato getting the KO win.
jiujitsufreak74
7/10/08 10:38:02PM

Posted by juanez13

Max 08'-> Buakaw didnt look like himself, but Sato defenately outworked him, very surprised with Sato getting the KO win.

i don't agree, i think Buakaw was winning the whole match and then in the third he decided to coast to the finish line and not exert himself. only problem with that is he left himself open for that punch....much like when Jorge Gurgel gave Cole Miller that triangle.
EON
7/10/08 10:39:55PM
the point is buakaw blew the fight, pretty disappointing actually
hotrodttt
7/10/08 10:41:17PM
At this Point I'm taking Souwer to repeat
cmill21
7/10/08 10:48:45PM
K-1's making a comeback IMO, they made a few mistakes with Sapp and the big freak shows, now they have very very good kickboxers like Aerts, Bonjasky, Badr, Jerome, obviously Big Sem, so they're not just about big vs small, especially in Max, probably the most exciting combat sport in the world.
juanez13
7/10/08 10:58:39PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by juanez13

i don't agree, i think Buakaw was winning the whole match and then in the third he decided to coast to the finish line and not exert himself. only problem with that is he left himself open for that punch....much like when Jorge Gurgel gave Cole Miller that triangle.

yea i didnt clarify my opinion, it was towards the end were Sato kept going and Buakaw started fading and he was basically out on his feet from that knee, was very surprised with Buakaw looking gassed, as he normally is in exceptional condition.
hotrodttt
7/10/08 10:59:46PM

Posted by cmill21

K-1's making a comeback IMO, they made a few mistakes with Sapp and the big freak shows, now they have very very good kickboxers like Aerts, Bonjasky, Badr, Jerome, obviously Big Sem, so they're not just about big vs small, especially in Max, probably the most exciting combat sport in the world.

Badr's goign to be the Greatest Kickboxer ever imo, his Kicks are like no other
EON
7/10/08 11:00:47PM

Posted by hotrodttt

Posted by cmill21

hari will beat semmy
hotrodttt
7/10/08 11:03:54PM

Posted by EON

Posted by hotrodttt

Posted by cmill21

hari will beat semmy

Hopefully, he has the Good Boxing and the Speed to Beat him, I hope he Wins via Spinning Back High Kick to the Jaw
jiujitsufreak74
7/10/08 11:25:20PM
sorry guys, no one will beat Semmy for a long time. he is already the best K-1 fighter of all time as far as i am concerned and he will only establish himself as such for the next few years.
hotrodttt
7/10/08 11:30:38PM

sorry guys, no one will beat Semmy for a long time. he is already the best K-1 fighter of all time as far as i am concerned and he will only establish himself as such for the next few years.

Semmy's like the Big Tim of K-1 But Semmy can KO somebody with a jab
jiujitsufreak74
7/10/08 11:36:09PM

Posted by hotrodttt

Semmy's like the Big Tim of K-1 But Semmy can KO somebody with a jab

never said i liked the guy lol. but he wins with his size, not his technique which is why it is frustrating for me that he is the best. i would like to see guys like Andy Hug who use technique and skill over guys like Semmy who just rely mostly on their size any day of the week.
cmill21
7/10/08 11:43:35PM

Posted by hotrodttt

Posted by cmill21

Really I can think of a couple kickboxer kicks i'd rather have . I think Badr's very good but I was happy to see Remy take out his legs and get the decision, I don't like Badr's personality. I hope Remy gets a chance at the HW title and takes it with a nice kick to the head. As for big Sem, I thought Jerome and Hunt had the best chance to beat him, and those didn't work out, right now I think Badr would end up like all the rest.
Kracker_Jap
7/10/08 11:50:01PM
Thank you very much for posting this....

I admit the only k-1 have seen are reruns of Lebanner and others that they play on late night TV

I will spend the time to watch this
cmill21
7/10/08 11:55:51PM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Thank you very much for posting this....

I admit the only k-1 have seen are reruns of Lebanner and others that they play on late night TV

I will spend the time to watch this

Every wednesday night they have a different K-1 event on the fight network.
hotrodttt
7/11/08 12:07:17AM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by hotrodttt

Posted by cmill21

Really I can think of a couple kickboxer kicks i'd rather have . I think Badr's very good but I was happy to see Remy take out his legs and get the decision, I don't like Badr's personality. I hope Remy gets a chance at the HW title and takes it with a nice kick to the head. As for big Sem, I thought Jerome and Hunt had the best chance to beat him, and those didn't work out, right now I think Badr would end up like all the rest.

Yeah Bodr is very Cocky and Disrespectful, one day he sucker punches his at the press conference then the next he gets the exact kick he knocked Leko out with
juanez13
7/11/08 5:39:20AM
if you were talking about his fight with Graham, it wasnt the same kicks, similar but no the same, it was the rolling thunder
cmill21
7/11/08 9:22:47AM

Posted by juanez13

if you were talking about his fight with Graham, it wasnt the same kicks, similar but no the same, it was the rolling thunder

That was awsome. Badr wasn't talking much after that one, broken jaw.
juanez13
7/11/08 11:18:46AM
Yea i also dont see Badr beating Schilt. I dont see very many people beating Hari that are close to his size, but his biggest downfall is that he is too lanky, he is much like remy (might be a bit taller) but you can see how much thicker remy is. In their fight Badr you could see his legs were done, Remy punished him alot, and IMO if the fight again, i see similar results happening.

Semy wont loose for a while, his size has yet to be overcomed, + he is so quick for a guy his size and his agility make him so much harder to figure out. Alexey Ignashov IMO would beat him again if he was in his prime, but he just doesnt have the heart anymore, and would fall like everyone else has.
juanez13
7/11/08 12:43:19PM
This Thread just got Pinned

Also Lebanner vs Hunt has been added to DREAM 5 great match up!

EDIT: Damn seems like Lebanner pulled out because of an injury

LINK
cmill21
7/11/08 7:01:53PM

Posted by juanez13

Yea i also dont see Badr beating Schilt. I dont see very many people beating Hari that are close to his size, but his biggest downfall is that he is too lanky, he is much like remy (might be a bit taller) but you can see how much thicker remy is. In their fight Badr you could see his legs were done, Remy punished him alot, and IMO if the fight again, i see similar results happening.

Semy wont loose for a while, his size has yet to be overcomed, + he is so quick for a guy his size and his agility make him so much harder to figure out. Alexey Ignashov IMO would beat him again if he was in his prime, but he just doesnt have the heart anymore, and would fall like everyone else has.

Yeah, Remy's also impervious(it seems) to leg punishment and kicks so fast and hard trading leg kicks with him is suicide. I thought that fight could have gone to a fourth(although I thought Remy was ahead) but the fourth would have ended in a leg kick tko.
EON
7/12/08 2:02:16AM
for all of you who dont like semmy...it just dosnt get old to look at my av does it?

DCRage
7/14/08 7:19:38AM
Just read a recap of the K-1 Asia event, Weekly put up a couple of nice "impact photos" with their recap:

And a very snazzy-dressed ref: His bow tie is pimpin'!

Interesting note on the fight in the first picture: The tall one taking the kick had a 16" height advantage and an absolutely beyond insane 161 pound weight advantage! Classic David vs. Goliath, but this time Goliath won.
juanez13
7/14/08 3:44:29PM
Was very happy to see Karev get the win, he looked great too. Kid has so much potential, im hoping he wins the GP.

Bonjasky also looked good in his KO win, that knee landed flush.

about Sefo loosing.
jiujitsufreak74
7/14/08 5:21:55PM
it is a shame that a fighter gets docked for clinching and slowing the pace and still gets the win. they both fought hard and i feel bad for Sefo. 5 consecutive losses now, even though this one went 2 extra rounds and was a split decision, i think Sefo has shown he isn't at the top level that he used to be. i mean he is 37, and i am not saying h should retire...but...i don't like watching him decline like this.
cmill21
7/14/08 8:32:03PM

it is a shame that a fighter gets docked for clinching and slowing the pace and still gets the win. they both fought hard and i feel bad for Sefo. 5 consecutive losses now, even though this one went 2 extra rounds and was a split decision, i think Sefo has shown he isn't at the top level that he used to be. i mean he is 37, and i am not saying h should retire...but...i don't like watching him decline like this.

Agreed, Ray should take a bit of time off and refocus, seems to be working for all the MMA guys right now. Also I like Karaev, he's ussually on one side of a highlight reel, either KOing or getting KO'd. I Love Remy, he's my favorite K-1 fighter right now, I hope he gets another WGP some day soon, if his hands were better I think he'd be unstoppable with his kicks, knees and amazing defense.
juanez13
7/15/08 12:56:01AM

Posted by cmill21

Agreed, Ray should take a bit of time off and refocus, seems to be working for all the MMA guys right now. Also I like Karaev, he's ussually on one side of a highlight reel, either KOing or getting KO'd. I Love Remy, he's my favorite K-1 fighter right now, I hope he gets another WGP some day soon, if his hands were better I think he'd be unstoppable with his kicks, knees and amazing defense.

Agreed about Remy, but he just doesnt have the style to beat Semmy, Remy covers up way to much and against Semmy thats the big no no, he'll eat you with knees and strikers if he catches you in a corner..........to beat Semmy he'd have to be very very agressive leading with punches and not so much with kicks and knees...

Hopefully we'll get to see Hari take on Remy for a second time for the HW belt, that'd be a great fight, with Remy taking home the win...

and About Karev, he is one of the guys i enjoy watching, but he does/did have some bad luck, i mean just look at his fight with Hari, thats was just ridiculous.
Pages: [1] 2 3