OFFICAL Pride vs UFC thread

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » OFFICAL Pride vs UFC thread
« Previous Page | Next Page »
loller90278
8/27/07 1:49:48PM
might as well unpinn/delete this thread..

RIP PRIDE (semi-officially)
Pride-Fighter
9/4/07 10:31:57AM
Pride is way better.
Pride-Fighter
9/6/07 9:23:13PM
Look at my name? Its obvious what I think.
AndrewRJ
9/10/07 6:19:58AM
nick diaz yeah yeah, ima miss pride if it doesnt come back it was always fun to watch., seemed harder han ufc idk why but it did. imo pride was the best organization on the fight side but buisness wise they wouldnt of had to sold to ufc if they were good.
Pride had better fighters, cooler match ups for sure(rampage wandy, takayama vs frye lol, gomi vsdiaz, etc), and of course the headstomps.
MikeyP_23
9/10/07 2:28:25PM
i never thought pride was as entertaining as the UFC. Prie had alot of great fighters but in boring matches. the Heavyweights in Pride were the only thing i liked better then the UFC.
Lay_N_Pray
9/17/07 12:37:37PM
Till the day I die I will never understand why this argument exists. I think every single one of us would get our ass kicked by any guy in either orginization, because BOTH of them have the BEST fighters in the world.

Its a simple fact...its like trying to say who the best team in the history of football was...its impossible because all the super bowl champions were the best in the year they won, and thats a fact.

So lets just say Pride (was) and UFC are the cream of the crop and leave it at that.
TheHitmanTL
9/19/07 2:18:38AM
ok so i said ot once and ill say it again

say screw it man...who is better pride or ufc? WHO CARES!!!!!! you know as long as these fighters keep putting on spectcular shows and entertaining me...im fine. they are all fighters and that is all that matters when you think about it any fighter can be beaten by any fighter i mean just look at keith jardine's last fight he got messed up by a nobody also look at all the other upsets this year. it shouldn't matter what organization is better because in reality its all one big organization......ITS CALLED MIXED MARTIAL ARTS!!!!!!!

remember there is no pride and this thread should be done and deleted cus the way i see it is explained up there ^^^^
shogunassassin
9/24/07 8:05:48AM
RIP Pride?
Two of the UFC Champions are Pride fighters.
Did people forget where Rampage came from? Or silva?

Let shogun work on his cardio and he would kill forrest!
Cro-cop has been the only real disappointment, there is something up with him, not sure what, his heart is not in it.
zephead
9/24/07 8:17:26PM

Posted by shogunassassin

RIP Pride?

Cro-cop has been the only real disappointment, there is something up with him, not sure what, his heart is not in it.

I thought all the UFC Champuions were UFC fighters?
shogunassassin
9/26/07 6:22:06AM
sorry - 'were' pride fighters.
I think the ufc should do a few shows in Japan and have head stomps allowed!
zephead
9/26/07 1:37:44PM

Posted by shogunassassin

RIP Pride?

Let me work on my speech writing and I can be the speech writer for the president.
cowcatcher
9/26/07 4:36:44PM

Posted by zephead

Posted by shogunassassin

RIP Pride?

Let me work on my speech writing and I can be the speech writer for the president.

too bad i cant give you props, guess i gotta spread the love
nubby
9/26/07 6:24:13PM
I guess you could say that once a fighter fights in his current organization, they are then that type of fighter. But really can anyone here honestly say that CC is a UFC fighter? When I see him throw an elbow, you will hear me squeal with joy, because then I will know he's actually trying to adapt.

Note: I won't actually squeal.
RickyRonda
9/27/07 3:35:54AM
I REALLY MISS prideFC

UFC killed the best MMA organization ( prideFC ) and now the martial arts educated fans lost their temple.
jgtribbett
9/28/07 3:30:35PM

Posted by shogunassassin

RIP Pride?

sherk came from pride too btw
zephead
9/28/07 8:42:54PM

Posted by metal_mecca43

Posted by shogunassassin

RIP Pride?

sherk came from pride too btw

Really????????? He had 4 fights in the UFC before he had his one and only fight in Pride/Bushido. He has hen had 4 more fights in the UFC. So that one fight sandwhiched in between 8 fights makes him a Pride fighter???????
hathcock32
10/1/07 4:20:06PM
Pride fighters are WEak.
RMFG_187
10/3/07 8:20:26PM
Lemme Put It This Way. I LOVE THE UFC. MMA IS MY LIFE. UFC made MMA what it is today. But I Have NEVER EVER seen a better show than Sakuraba VS Royce Gracie. Pride its not jus tthe fight. its entertainment. Also the fights are a lot more evenly matched. i agree, Joe Silva is an idiot
hathcock32
10/4/07 3:52:05AM

Posted by RMFG_187

Lemme Put It This Way. I LOVE THE UFC. MMA IS MY LIFE. UFC made MMA what it is today. But I Have NEVER EVER seen a better show than Sakuraba VS Royce Gracie. Pride its not jus tthe fight. its entertainment. Also the fights are a lot more evenly matched. i agree, Joe Silva is an idiot

I thaught Gracie Sakuraba was pretty boring...Joe Silva is a genious. Fedor vs Zulu....very even match.
RMFG_187
10/6/07 9:32:37PM

Posted by hathcock32

Posted by RMFG_187

I thaught Gracie Sakuraba was pretty boring...Joe Silva is a genious. Fedor vs Zulu....very even match.

No Offence but Joe Silva is a genious???

Wow talk about the worlds dumbest man. Rashad Bisping? Forrest Hector? Sylvia Monson? Franklin Okami?

Face it, The guy needs to quit his job, and gimme the rights to choose fights.

Shogun Chuck, Wandy Forrest, Tim Sylvia Cro Cop, Kongo Vera, Penn Florian Or Stevenson.

Now Those Are Good Fights.
nWo
10/9/07 2:04:13PM

Posted by RMFG_187

Posted by hathcock32

Posted by RMFG_187

No Offence but Joe Silva is a genious???

Wow talk about the worlds dumbest man. Rashad Bisping? Forrest Hector? Sylvia Monson? Franklin Okami?

Face it, The guy needs to quit his job, and gimme the rights to choose fights.

Shogun Chuck, Wandy Forrest, Tim Sylvia Cro Cop, Kongo Vera, Penn Florian Or Stevenson.

Now Those Are Good Fights.

yes they are
zephead
10/9/07 9:05:33PM

Posted by RMFG_187

The fights are more evenly matched???

Fedor vs Zulu
Aleksander Emelianenko vs Ricardo Morais
Aleksander Emelianenko vs Rene Rooze
Big Nog vs Zulu
ANYBODY vs Paulo Cesar Silva (The Giant)
Saku vs Gilles Arsene
Shogun vs Cyrille Diabate
Wandy vs Hiromitsu Kanehara

Should I go on?

jocksmall
10/9/07 11:05:12PM

Posted by zephead

Posted by RMFG_187

The fights are more evenly matched???

Fedor vs Zulu
Aleksander Emelianenko vs Ricardo Morais
Aleksander Emelianenko vs Rene Rooze
Big Nog vs Zulu
ANYBODY vs Paulo Cesar Silva (The Giant)
Saku vs Gilles Arsene
Shogun vs Cyrille Diabate
Wandy vs Hiromitsu Kanehara

Should I go on?

i agree that the fights on the pride side had mismatches as you pointed out. but with pride the fights were the ones the fans wanted to see . some of the guys in the ufc get taken care of for a future payday. the ufc is a business and pride was a spectator sport. lets agree that both orgs had alot of mismatches i could provide a long list of ufc one-sided fights. the thing that i miss about pride is the match ups
cmill21
10/10/07 12:50:40AM

Posted by hathcock32

Pride fighters are WEak.

Can you tell me how the guys going from the UFC to pride did? The stars like Ricco Rodriguez, Josh Barnett, Chuck Liddell, Ken Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Kevin Randleman, Mark Coleman, Don Frye, Sherk took a no name to a decision, and i'll quit there. Ricco(UFC HW champ beating the hero) lost to Nog, Josh(UFC HW champ beating the hero) was shit pumped 3x's by Cro Cop and never got a title shot, Chuck Liddel(UFC LHW champ also beating the hero) was 2-1 better then most and still got his ass handed to him by a middle of the pack fighter in pride, Ken Shamrock(UFC Hall of famer and first super fight champ) wen't 1-3, Guy did decent, Randleman(former UFC HW champ) did not do well, Colman(UFC HW tournament champ) beat one noteable by injury, Don Frye(Won two UFC tournaments) wen't 3-4 in pride. Do you see what I'm getting at? The UFC guys going to pride have done worse then the Pride guys coming to the UFC, different venue and rules changes everything. Please do research before you call the UFC's LHW and MW champs "weak". IMO your the most ignorant poster on this website, so watch some fights other then UFC fights before posting.
NatedawgThaM
10/10/07 1:51:31AM
Pride fighters lose because there lack of aggression which every fighter in Pride besides Rickson Gracie is known for...Action packed Aggressive STYLE!!!!

Shogun loss because(not making total excuse because Shogun accepts the loss fine) but that knee energy took ALOT of Aggression and explosiveness out of him and he wasn't the Pride fighter we know and love...

Cro Cop!!!! Was aggressive against Eddie Sanchez and dominated him!!! Against GG he wasn't so aggressive and didn't train in a cage and didn't train elbows which was stupid on his part and took elbows around the eye and never saw the head kick coming as did NONE of us because we only knew him for his great grappling and BJJ...He loss to Kongo because he wasn't aggressive at ALL besides the first 2 minutes which he was WINNING but that broken rib took every aggression he had and explosiveness out of him which is why he counterpunches the rest of it and got beat...

Dan Henderson loss to a former PRIDE FIGHTER...

Rampage & Silva were successful becuase they were AGGRESSIVE!!!

Cage jitters and lack of aggression is why they are all losing...show me something to prove me wrong on this?

zephead
10/10/07 3:20:18PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Pride fighters lose because there lack of aggression which every fighter in Pride besides Rickson Gracie is known for...Action packed Aggressive STYLE!!!!

Shogun loss because(not making total excuse because Shogun accepts the loss fine) but that knee energy took ALOT of Aggression and explosiveness out of him and he wasn't the Pride fighter we know and love...

Cro Cop!!!! Was aggressive against Eddie Sanchez and dominated him!!! Against GG he wasn't so aggressive and didn't train in a cage and didn't train elbows which was stupid on his part and took elbows around the eye and never saw the head kick coming as did NONE of us because we only knew him for his great grappling and BJJ...He loss to Kongo because he wasn't aggressive at ALL besides the first 2 minutes which he was WINNING but that broken rib took every aggression he had and explosiveness out of him which is why he counterpunches the rest of it and got beat...

Dan Henderson loss to a former PRIDE FIGHTER...

Rampage & Silva were successful becuase they were AGGRESSIVE!!!

Cage jitters and lack of aggression is why they are all losing...show me something to prove me wrong on this?

So Cro Cop dominated Eddie Sanchez. Should he get a trophy??? He was suppose to dominate Eddie Sanchez. He was supposed to dominate GG. He was supposed to dominate Kongo.

They are all in the UFC. They are no longer in Pride. Pride is dead. Pride ran their selves into the ground. They are UFC fighters and you people need to uit thinking of them as Pride fighters.

Why they lost??? Because on that night their opponent was better. Plain and simple. GSP lost to Serra because on the night Serra was better. Chuck lost to Jardine because on the night Jardine was better. Dan lost to Rampage because on that night Rampage was better. That's how I can prove you wrong.

It is about matchups and some fighters match up real well against other fighters. Believe it or not, but Chuck matches up pretty good with Wandy. Wandy gets wild and comes in throwing wild hooks. Leaving himself exposed for straight shots. If he comes in wild against Chuck, he could be in trouble.
zephead
10/10/07 3:49:06PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by hathcock32

Pride fighters are WEak.

Can you tell me how the guys going from the UFC to pride did? The stars like Ricco Rodriguez, Josh Barnett, Chuck Liddell, Ken Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Kevin Randleman, Mark Coleman, Don Frye, Sherk took a no name to a decision, and i'll quit there. Ricco(UFC HW champ beating the hero) lost to Nog, Josh(UFC HW champ beating the hero) was shit pumped 3x's by Cro Cop and never got a title shot, Chuck Liddel(UFC LHW champ also beating the hero) was 2-1 better then most and still got his ass handed to him by a middle of the pack fighter in pride, Ken Shamrock(UFC Hall of famer and first super fight champ) wen't 1-3, Guy did decent, Randleman(former UFC HW champ) did not do well, Colman(UFC HW tournament champ) beat one noteable by injury, Don Frye(Won two UFC tournaments) wen't 3-4 in pride. Do you see what I'm getting at? The UFC guys going to pride have done worse then the Pride guys coming to the UFC, different venue and rules changes everything. Please do research before you call the UFC's LHW and MW champs "weak". IMO your the most ignorant poster on this website, so watch some fights other then UFC fights before posting.

Ricco is 3-1 in Pride. He has a case that he beat Big Nog

Josh is 5-4 in Pride. with wins over Big Nog, Mark Hunt, Aleksander Emilianko. Josh has 5 fights in the UFC and 9 in Pride. You consider Josh a UFC fighter???

Chuck is 2-1 in Pride with KO wins over Mezger and Overeem and a TKO loss to Rampage.

Ken Shamrock was 1-3 in Pride

Mezgar was 4-6 in Pride. He had a great fight with Wandy and then Wandy headbutted him. He went the distance with Arona and Nogueira. He has fought 10 times in Pride and 5 times in the UFC. He has 24 fight in Pancrase. You consider him a UFC fighter.

Randleman is is 5-7 in Pride. With a highlight reel KO of Cro Cop. He has 12 fights in Pride. His first 6 fights were in Universal Vale Tudo Fighting . He then had 2 fights in the Brazil Open. He then had 6 fights in the UFC. You consider him a UFC fighter???

Coleman is 9-5 in Pride. He was the first Gran Prix champ for Pride. One lost was a worked match. (Being submitted by Takada so he could fight Rickson. On that, we can all agree. Weakest heel hook I've ever seen) Coleman had 14 fights in Pride. 9 in the UFC. He is a UFC fighter???

Don Frye was 3-4 in Pride. He had 11 fights in the UFC. 7 in Pride. 5 in K-1.

cmill21
10/10/07 7:15:01PM
So baisically you said exactly what I said but missed the part when I said guys going FROM THE UFC TO PRIDE. I didn't say "UFC fighters in Pride". I know you love to try and bust my chops but....baaaazing.
zephead
10/10/07 7:27:55PM

Posted by cmill21

So baisically you said exactly what I said but missed the part when I said guys going FROM THE UFC TO PRIDE. I didn't say "UFC fighters in Pride". I know you love to try and bust my chops but....baaaazing.

SNAP!!!!!!!!!!

But I'm so used to you calling them either "UFC Fighters" or "Pride fighters" that I ass-u-me that's what you did..........again.
cmill21
10/10/07 7:31:57PM
haha, i'm not bashing anyone, I just wanted to show everyone that hey lots of UFC stars have gone there and done worse, don't write these pride guys off yet, and don't say their "weak" because thats just garbage.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9