Offical GSP celebrayion thread

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Offical GSP celebrayion thread
Next Page »
Pitbull09
4/20/08 12:42:56AM
Hard not to say I told you so for this fight. Finally people can see how far in ability these guys are.

LOL did I not predict the superman punch! Every fight he does it!
JBatch
4/20/08 1:07:28AM
If you didn't see this comming. You are as blind as Bocek will be tomorrow.

GSP should have never lost the first time. I knew he would take him down and make him feel pain. When was the last time someone won by knee's to the body???

BTW 1 minute b4 the finish I was screaming for knee's to the body. I definetly got drinks bought for me after the fight for that reason. LOL he heard me LOL
Pitbull09
4/20/08 1:30:47AM

Posted by JBatch

If you didn't see this comming. You are as blind as Bocek will be tomorrow.

GSP should have never lost the first time. I knew he would take him down and make him feel pain. When was the last time someone won by knee's to the body???

BTW 1 minute b4 the finish I was screaming for knee's to the body. I definetly got drinks bought for me after the fight for that reason. LOL he heard me LOL

Lol, yea. I kinda feel dumb picking 2nd round submission. I thoughts he would beat Serra down and go for something but I forgot how much GSP wanted to hurt Serra.
Tailgunner
4/20/08 1:48:03AM
Finally after a full year of listening to all the Serra dreamers we can now all agree that Serra got lucky.............he got beat down tonight and his face looks like mashed potatoes!

I won a slew of Avatar bets with many Serra fanboys, just like taking candy from a baby.

Jimimak? Jiujitsufreak? Porch928? Tien lung? Natedawg? What was that about Serra again????

GSP by utter and complete domination!!!!!
Amdrag
4/20/08 2:43:07AM
GSP GSP GSP!
Aaronno9
4/20/08 2:58:57AM
At least serra will be walking around a little bit lighter now hes not carrying to weight of the people who actually thought he was better than gsp on his balls.
Basshandsome
4/20/08 3:14:45AM

What a great fight. The place I was at was going crazy!

WAR GSP!
roadking95th
4/20/08 3:18:51AM
celebrayion? is that Spanish, French or French-Canadian?

at least Serra didn't tap (this is only a jab at his blind fans, not him as a top fighter)
GSPCanada
4/20/08 3:29:31AM

Posted by roadking95th

at least Serra didn't tap (this is only a jab at his blind fans, not him as a top fighter)

That's good... turtling and not fighting back is alot better than tapping, k it might be a little better but u better believe serra isn't some warrior for just turtling instead of tapping but don't get me wrong he took a beating and hung in there for as long as he could
JBatch
4/20/08 3:35:08AM
let me be one of the first to mention that Serra was notthing but class in defeat. I was really mad at thr guy prefight but afterwards he displayed how classy he is. I hope nothing but the best for the guy and its great he got his time in the spotlight. Now he gets to fight Hughes and that should be very interesting.
candynuts
4/20/08 3:39:57AM
Ahh, too bad Serra, you did come from a gatekeeper to a champion though, and GSP wanted none of your standup!!!

GSP totally destroyed him though.

It will be awesome if UFC could get the GSP vs. Fitch and Hughes vs. Serra on the same card!

GSPCanada
4/20/08 4:17:58AM

Posted by JBatch

let me be one of the first to mention that Serra was notthing but class in defeat. I was really mad at thr guy prefight but afterwards he displayed how classy he is. I hope nothing but the best for the guy and its great he got his time in the spotlight. Now he gets to fight Hughes and that should be very interesting.

I for one still don't like the guy. He was classy in defeat in but unclassy in victory. The guy had a huge mouth going into the fight he told the fans they were going to be mad when he beat em again. Saying things to gsp in pretalk like "screw you dont open your mouth" I don't want to imagine what he would have been like had he won and would have probably provoked the crowd. He said GSP wouldn't make an example of him but guess what...GSP made an example of him and dominated him and proved who the real GSP was. Don't get me wrong i appreciate Serra being a good sportsman and he hung in there but by the time the Hughes fight is announced it will be the same mouthy prick with his insults
JimiMak
4/20/08 10:27:57AM
^^^wow, you're not doing well in victory either

Anyway, Props to GSP. He went from getting destroyed by a guy to destroying him. Completely overwhelmed Serra. Obviously not what I thought, but he did very well.
Ricks350z
4/20/08 11:27:40AM
You mean....there were people who actually believed that Serra even had a slight chance to win?
What were they thinking?

They must have missed GSP's last fight when he rolled right thru Matt Hughes.
keith-hackney1
4/20/08 11:48:12AM
I picked serra for the upset again, but the same serra didnt show up. GSP looked like he was on another planet as he totally dominated serra, well deserved win on the night. Cant wait for serra vs hughes.....
Silent-Sir
4/20/08 12:10:06PM
GSP!! GSP!! GSP!!

That was without a doubt the greatest thing I gave ever seen. I knew he was going to come out absolutely fired up. I was getting really tired of all the "GSP's so over rated. Serra is the man. War Serra!! Blah, blah, blah."

It was great that GSP won, but, it took all of 10 minutes after the fight for me to read the first post by a Serra fan (not on this site). Some of the highlights of that post:

1. GSP was scared to stand with him. (scared or smart?)
2. GSP didn't dominate him the way he did Hughes. (Oh... My... GOD!)
3. Serra lasted longer than Hughes.

I'm amazed Serra can walk with guys like this hanging of his.....
Darnok
4/20/08 12:19:16PM

Posted by roadking95th

In my opion he did tap. Just before the ref broke it up you could see Serra look up right at the Ref and say something.

Serra Verbally Tapped
MissGSP
4/20/08 12:23:00PM
OMFG GSP WON!!!!! YAYAYAYA!!!
Darnok
4/20/08 12:25:37PM

Posted by Tailgunner

Finally after a full year of listening to all the Serra dreamers we can now all agree that Serra got lucky.............he got beat down tonight and his face looks like mashed potatoes!

I won a slew of Avatar bets with many Serra fanboys, just like taking candy from a baby.

Jimimak? Jiujitsufreak? Porch928? Tien lung? Natedawg? What was that about Serra again????

GSP by utter and complete domination!!!!!

Stick it to them. I have a suggestion. Make it a picture of a monkey jumping from Serras B**ls to Fitches B**ls. Sorry I couldn't resist.:
Tailgunner
4/20/08 12:34:20PM

Posted by Darnok

Stick it to them. I have a suggestion. Make it a picture of a monkey jumping from Serras B**ls to Fitches B**ls. Sorry I couldn't resist.:

Here it comes........Choo....Chooooooo!!
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Darnok
4/20/08 12:44:55PM

Posted by Tailgunner

Posted by Darnok

Next time you should have the loser post in a special thread how much they admire and like GSP everyday.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
4/20/08 12:49:34PM
wow what a night. best pay per view in a long time if u ask me. gsp is unstoppable. wadup now serra fan boys.
JBatch
4/20/08 12:57:51PM
One of my favourite things about this PPV was thinkingabout how guys on here seriously thought Serra was better than GSP. Thought Lutter would beat Franklin and were really thinking GSP was overrated.

I just felt vindicated I mean GSP would beat Serra 99 out of 100 fights, Serra demonstrated what the true meaning of punchers chance is in the first fight. Since I livein WIndsor there were a bunch of guys fom Michigan at the bar who felt the sme way as many ppl on here that Serra had GSP's #, it felt so good to just say "I told you so." I called it on here and told them he is going to take him down and punish him.

I love how right after the fight the reporters are already all about GSP fighting Anderson. Let him get a few title defenses before we start throwin him up a weight class against the Animal Silva
RandyCouture
4/20/08 1:46:59PM
Aaaah, yet another amazing display of humility, athleticism, and will by the world's greatest welterweight, Georges "Rush" St. Pierre. April 19th was Anti-New York-Pizza-Tossing-I-Hate-Bro's-From-The-Bronx-Night at the Bell Centre Arena in Montreal Canada. Georges St. Pierre, the Canadian native, set out to avenge a loss that is still considered by many to be the biggest upset in MMA history. At their last meeting Matt Serra was fortunate enough to land a punch with his 2 foot arm length, no less land one right on the jaw of the Champion St. Pierre. With this loss still nagging him, and after coming off a win over the most dominant Welterweight Champion in the world Matt Hughes, St. Pierre came to the fight prepared with a combination of phenomenal strikes and scarily perfect wrestling. Matt Serra looked like most do when they first come into the Octagon. He was hesitant and on defense for about 90% of the 2 rounds that he was able to endure. At the sound of the bell Georges St. Pierre began to unleash an unmerciful barrage of strikes upon the seemingly helpless pizza boy from the Bronx. It was as if Matt Serra immediately regretted ever recovering from the hernia that saved him from fighting St. Pierre months ago. With his unanswered strikes St. Pierre masterfully set up takedown after takedown on the "Champ by Chance" Matt Serra. St. Pierre was tossing around Matt Serra like a child would toss around a doll. It was almost painful to watch the brutal pounding of the defenseless "Bro from the Bronx" Matt Serra. As many have come to believe from watching this fight Georges St. Pierre took mercy on Matt Serra and decided to end the fight in just the second round of combat, with a massive attack to the body with knees that are sure to have caused some sort of internal bleeding for the "Fake from The Empire State". Now with his belt returned, pride restored, and record cleared, Georges "Rush" St.Pierre will most certainly go on to a long career as the UFC Welterweight Champion.

P.S. - Best of luck to Matt Serra at his next pizza tossing competition....
keith-hackney1
4/20/08 3:12:27PM

Posted by JBatch

One of my favourite things about this PPV was thinkingabout how guys on here seriously thought Serra was better than GSP.

just like you thought sam stout was better than rich clementi ... nice one !!
Pitbull09
4/20/08 5:42:09PM

Posted by Tailgunner

Posted by Darnok

Thats a great pic. What Im more happy about is the division can finally move on after a freaking year! Now we can see Fitch (and maybe later Alves) fight GSP plus Hughes vs Serra (I think Hughes will win). TUF 4 damaged that division bad and finally its all in the past.

I hope there isnt a third fight but I think dana sees how much money it could make.
Darnok
4/20/08 5:56:27PM
Damn that was funny but the best part...

Posted by RandyCouture

"Champ by Chance" Matt Serra.

JBatch
4/20/08 6:03:35PM

Posted by keith-hackney1

Posted by JBatch

One of my favourite things about this PPV was thinkingabout how guys on here seriously thought Serra was better than GSP.

just like you thought sam stout was better than rich clementi ... nice one !!

Serra loses terribly and Stout loses a tight split decision in the hot bout of the night. Ya thats definetly the same thing.

And I don't even think I said that Stout was better than Rich in any posts. If I would have said anything I would have said Stout would in the fight but I don't believe I did.

Hackney what does this even have to do with my post. I am talking about GSP and alll the doubters out there and you bring up Clementi Stout WTF man????
chubbud22
4/20/08 6:42:40PM

Posted by roadking95th

I believe Serra said something to the ref right before the ref stepped in, but your right laying there in the turtle position is much better than tapping. Serra is still probably urinating blood. I wonder what all of the Matt Serra nut huggers are going to talk abot now; oh I know, talk about how bad Serra is going beat Hughes
Pitbull09
4/20/08 8:35:36PM

Posted by chubbud22

Posted by roadking95th

I believe Serra said something to the ref right before the ref stepped in, but your right laying there in the turtle position is much better than tapping. Serra is still probably urinating blood. I wonder what all of the Matt Serra nut huggers are going to talk abot now; oh I know, talk about how bad Serra is going beat Hughes

So true
Pages: [1] 2