What the UFC Offered Fedor Emelianenko (Dave Meltzer Update)

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » What the UFC Offered Fedor Emelianenko (Dave Meltzer Update)
Next Page »
crushedbacon
7/30/09 12:10:58AM
cowcatcher
7/30/09 12:15:50AM
sad sad news, heres to hoping aleks can knock some sense into fedor and get him out of the relationship with vadim. if fedor signs with strikeforce that will be another company he sends under because they cant afford to pay him and stay afloat, especially if mma fans decide they wont tune in to see fedor unless hes in the ufc. move over skala shaw there is a new biggest douche in mma, vadim finkelstein.
grappler0000
7/30/09 12:21:10AM
That offer is more than generous...Fedor needs to find new management with the quickness.
ChokeUout
7/30/09 12:49:08AM
Ok, I'm sorry, But if Fedor and M-1 can't agree to THOSE terms, there's something DRASTICALLY wrong with them....Let's Break this down:

-Six fight deal worth $30 MILLION! FIVE MIL A FIGHT! More than 10 times what Lesnar made his last fight

-AN Immediate Title shot

-A cut for M-1 of the Lesnar/Fedor PPV, which would be the biggest grossing PPV ever...

-Fedor can Wear all the M-1 Logo's he wants

-And yes, He can Compete in his Sambo....

Now, If M-1 is STILL complaining about not being a co-promotion, I'm sorry, They can go back to Asia, co-promote with DREAM and Set up Fedor/Hong Man Choi 2 for all I care.

Seriously, who WOULDN'T accept that offer?
hippysmacker
7/30/09 12:53:08AM

Posted by cowcatcher

sad sad news, heres to hoping aleks can knock some sense into fedor and get him out of the relationship with vadim. if fedor signs with strikeforce that will be another company he sends under because they cant afford to pay him and stay afloat, especially if mma fans decide they wont tune in to see fedor unless hes in the ufc. move over skala shaw there is a new biggest douche in mma, vadim finkelstein.

Sine it's from Meltzer I know its legit, so I guess their is no possible way for me to defend Fedor's decisions now. Even Aleks is against Vadim now, and says he uses Fedor to push his own business interest. I am done with this. I have defended fedor too many times, but in the end I think M-1 is delusional to ask for what they're asking, and turn down what they've turned down.
Aether
7/30/09 1:01:33AM
ludicrous. goodbye Fedor avatar.
cowcatcher
7/30/09 1:03:40AM
1 guy thats happy about all of this is josh barnett because the mess he caused is being overshadowed by the results. im not ready to say im not a fedor fan anymore, but im severely disappointed.
Aether
7/30/09 1:10:56AM
I'm still a fan of him as a fighter, but I'm boycotting this decision. They're being clearly unreasonable and it's like the article says this is cutting off your nose to spite your face. If they genuinely walk away from this they're not going to get anything remotely close to this again in terms of money or exposure. Surely they know that even co-promotion with any other existing company will be less beneficial than this deal is.

This seems so unbelievable that I'm thinking it could be possible that it's just misinformation to heighten the interest in the press conference as a whole, but I doubt that. I can dream.
Nightmare27
7/30/09 1:17:01AM
Wow! I never thought that they would bend that far. If thats the deal that they turned down, their done. 5 million a fight, thats huge money for mma. Not to mention the Sambo competitions. Its pretty obvious that Aleks was right.
Bowen50
7/30/09 1:24:12AM
this offer is, without a doubt, the most generous offer the UFC has ever dished out. i really hope he takes his brothers advice and gets new management because Vadim Finkelchtein is just out of his mind.
Art_Jimmerson
7/30/09 1:29:56AM
Good job Fedor
telnights
7/30/09 1:41:45AM
I will say what I said in the last other topic that is over the same thing. If this is true which it looks like it is it a sad day.

Its like watching the legacy of a great fighter swirl down the bowl. If you want to distance your self from your fans I think Fedor and his management just found one of the fastest ways to do so. This will hurt his image is such a way that he will be worthless to almost anyone in fact he may cause more harm because of hardcore fans boycotting events he is in. The UFC is almost the only promotion that has a large casual fan base. Dream and StrikeForce stay afloat because of your hardcore fans. Piss off the hardcore fans and you pissed off the main demograph of StrikeForce and Dream. Your majority of fans want to see Fedor in the UFC and turning down a deal like this makes Fedor and his management look bad in many many ways. A lot of fans will see this as Fedor and his management being scared and some will see it as them being just plain stupid. If some people don't think this will hurt Fedor all you have to do is look at his hardcore supports and see they are even talking about not watching him fight anymore.

They cant say Dream or StrikeForce has a better offer than this.
Irish_Pride
7/30/09 1:48:16AM
M-1 Global is out of their minds to not accept this offer. This is a very generous offer from the UFC. The UFC is doing whatever they can to try to make this sport better. They know Fedor vs Lesnar would be the best thing for this part but obviously M-1 Global are just selfish people who only care for themselves.
Wolfenstein
7/30/09 1:59:32AM
Now you've pissed off the hardcore fans, and that is pretty much the beginning and end to Fedor's fanbase in the US.
ChokeUout
7/30/09 2:29:08AM
Seriously, they should create a thread that bends the playground rules to allow fighter/promoter bashing for this one topic...If the UFC can bend that much, so should the playground

Honestly, I don't even want Fedor in the UFC anymore. If Brock and Fedor ever did fight now, I'd root for Brock, and I never thought I would EVER say that.
fonduktoe
7/30/09 3:09:23AM
i'm in shock
if they don't accept this deal than either a) fedor is scared to fight lesnar (which i doubt) or b) finkelstink is the most delusional man since adolf hitler
i'll bet the fact that the ufc has leaked the contents of their offer is a sure sign that fedor has turned it down
this way they can show how hard they tried and how retarded fedor's management is in order to sway public opinion in their favor (it worked for me cause if they don't accept this i vow to never watch fedor fight again)
DaMaGeInC
7/30/09 3:34:37AM
could someone really refuse this
fonduktoe
7/30/09 3:36:08AM

Posted by DaMaGeInC

could someone really refuse this

all signs point to yes
mentalcase
7/30/09 3:41:01AM

Posted by fonduktoe

i'm in shock
if they don't accept this deal than either a) fedor is scared to fight lesnar (which i doubt) or b) finkelstink is the most delusional man since adolf hitler
i'll bet the fact that the ufc has leaked the contents of their offer is a sure sign that fedor has turned it down
this way they can show how hard they tried and how retarded fedor's management is in order to sway public opinion in their favor (it worked for me cause if they don't accept this i vow to never watch fedor fight again)

id have to go with option B

just a note tho who's delusional the evil dictator or the millions of people he controlled like puppets
fonduktoe
7/30/09 3:48:21AM

Posted by mentalcase

Posted by fonduktoe

i'm in shock

id have to go with option B

just a note tho who's delusional the evil dictator or the millions of people he controlled like puppets

kind of a silly question there
manipulated people aren't delusional they've simply been conned
someone who wants to manipulate millions of people to create a super race through force, genocide, and propaganda is delusional
there is a difference between following orders and trying to bend reality to your will
if the head of a housekeeping department told their night janitor he would fire him if he didn't paint the toilets green to keep the goblins out and the janitor does it cause he likes his job than who in this equation is delusional?
p.s. i was just making a goofy comparison so let's not turn this thread into an argument at history class
tomp6581
7/30/09 3:57:27AM
As for M-1 I've always looked at it like this...

Fedor is CONTRACTED to M-1, if the UFC want to sign a contracted fighter they must pay M-1 a fee to purchase Emelainenko even before personal terms of a contact are discussed. Much like a soccer transfer.

The whole co-promote issue is based around the fact that UFC will sign Fedor whilst his is still under an M-1 contract.
warglory
7/30/09 7:51:09AM

Posted by tomp6581

As for M-1 I've always looked at it like this...

Fedor is CONTRACTED to M-1, if the UFC want to sign a contracted fighter they must pay M-1 a fee to purchase Emelainenko even before personal terms of a contact are discussed. Much like a soccer transfer.

The whole co-promote issue is based around the fact that UFC will sign Fedor whilst his is still under an M-1 contract.

Hence M-1 one getting a piece of the PPV pie as well as promotional opportunities on the telecast.
XblacksheepX
7/30/09 8:15:34AM

Posted by mentalcase

OFF TOPIC, but the nazi germans were way more than just puppets, they took an active part on what is the unique mass extinction of 6 million completely innocent people, not to mention the world war they started with enthusiasm. I hate it when people bring that up to compare it to something completely different. There's nothing you could compare with NS, it was that much worse!
BigBadAl
7/30/09 8:53:22AM

Posted by XblacksheepX

Posted by mentalcase

OFF TOPIC, but the nazi germans were way more than just puppets, they took an active part on what is the unique mass extinction of 6 million completely innocent people, not to mention the world war they started with enthusiasm. I hate it when people bring that up to compare it to something completely different. There's nothing you could compare with NS, it was that much worse!

You mean 2 world wars
cowcatcher
7/30/09 9:06:00AM
ok enough talk about the nazis lets get back to finkelstein here.
prozacnation1978
7/30/09 9:26:39AM
crazy offer to turn down plus with ufc his poplularity would sky rocket up
i say dump the manager, and if fedor doesn't land in the ufc the world won't end
but grab his brother instead
Pyrenus
7/30/09 10:13:34AM
Not sure what good it will do, but anyone can send M-1 global a message from their website. I'm letting them know what a huge mistake they are making by rejecting this offer.

http://www.m-1global.com/lang/en/contact/
StriderXero
7/30/09 10:30:41AM
I say Zuffa should just buy M-1. If they are offering Fedor that much money, might as well buy that promotion.

And Bring Gegard Mousasi With You!
cowcatcher
7/30/09 10:52:37AM
in another thread i suggested that they buy strikeforce, screw m-1, dont give those idiots a penny. dream is probably done after october, sengoku has been very frugal with spending, and cant afford fedor for more than a couple fights tops before they go into the red in a shrinking japanese mma market. with strikeforce under the zuffa umbrella vadim would have to snap out of his delusions.....then again, he might just be batshit crazy enough to think there are still other options out there.
breakdown5
7/30/09 11:41:57AM
This is truly disappointing. Fedor's legacy is going to have such a negative impact in the long run from not fighting in the UFC. He is essentially undoing what he spent the past years building up. Sad.
Pages: [1] 2