An Ode to the Female Friend

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » An Ode to the Female Friend
warglory
8/19/10 8:15:32PM
Seriously, let's give it up to our female companions that aren't there for sex, but friendship! Sound gay? That's fine, but females give a totally different perspective on stuff, and that's ******* awesome. I bring it up because I was at a wedding this past weekend, and I was heavily flirting, dancing, etc with a girl who is a mutual friend of another female I am friends with. So the girl who I am just friends with (who is hot btw, so it's not like the ugly chick exception that so many guys think is the only way a guy and a girl could just be "friends") let's me know that this other chick thinks I'm cute, which is all the fodder you need to give a guy to go flirt his ass off. So me and this chick hit it off at the wedding, we apparently exchange numbers but I think I was too drunk and ended up closing my phone before I saved it or something, because I didn't have it in my phone. At any rate, started talking a bit to this chick online.

So this week, I was talking to my friend about how much of a pain in the ass it is to talk to people online when you're interested in them (she lives in the town I went to college in), so she gives me a call, and gives me insider information on a convo she and the girl I am interested in had, in which certain things were disclosed that let me know she was in to me.

It's not a huge deal, but it's awesome when you have female friends who truly have your back and can give you advice without being snobby about it.
BlueSkiesBurn
8/19/10 9:23:53PM
BlueSkiesBurn
8/19/10 9:25:21PM
teddythetuna
8/19/10 9:51:52PM
Yeah women definitely make things easier when picking up other women. You always sound better when its coming from a woman(especially an attractive one) than it is coming from your drunk a** buddy who keeps saying "This guy is so awesome" cause you know she isnt believing a word of it. Gotta love the lady friends.
kopower
8/19/10 10:35:58PM
That's awesome It's definitely better when there's a woman friend who can get the inside scoop on things. They can also save you from making an ass of yourself in situations like the one you had warglory. Not saying you were an ass or anything, but the confirmation of your cuteness led you to lay the pimp on even more!
Jackelope
8/20/10 1:52:57AM
Just got done hanging out with the female friend for a couple hours tonight. Then I came on to read this. Good stuff
jae_1833
8/20/10 2:31:56AM
Never had these relationships last.....ruined them all. Couldn't not fool around with them, then it quickly becomes a "love" situation and then it gets all wierd. Don't sleep with your wingwoman guys, unless you plan on marrying her.
TimW001
8/20/10 4:31:23AM

Posted by warglory

Seriously, let's give it up to our female companions that aren't there for sex, but friendship! Sound gay? That's fine, but females give a totally different perspective on stuff, and that's ******* awesome. I bring it up because I was at a wedding this past weekend, and I was heavily flirting, dancing, etc with a girl who is a mutual friend of another female I am friends with. So the girl who I am just friends with (who is hot btw, so it's not like the ugly chick exception that so many guys think is the only way a guy and a girl could just be "friends") let's me know that this other chick thinks I'm cute, which is all the fodder you need to give a guy to go flirt his ass off. So me and this chick hit it off at the wedding, we apparently exchange numbers but I think I was too drunk and ended up closing my phone before I saved it or something, because I didn't have it in my phone. At any rate, started talking a bit to this chick online.

So this week, I was talking to my friend about how much of a pain in the ass it is to talk to people online when you're interested in them (she lives in the town I went to college in), so she gives me a call, and gives me insider information on a convo she and the girl I am interested in had, in which certain things were disclosed that let me know she was in to me.

It's not a huge deal, but it's awesome when you have female friends who truly have your back and can give you advice without being snobby about it.

How old are you, why did you just realize this.

"Wait, women are there for ....more...more than sex?"
"female companions that aren't there for sex, but friendship! "
Like they can think?
"females give a totally different perspective on stuff"
So they're like...able to think?
"without being snobby about it."
I think you need to be more open minded and not go after the hottest cheerleader or best looking hooters girl. Next time target a women who reads for fun.
"(who is hot btw, so it's not like the ugly chick exception that so many guys think is the only way a guy and a girl could just be "friends")"
I think you need to be more open minded.
emfleek
8/20/10 8:32:12AM
I met the love of my life via a wingchick. I initiated contact and she (said wingchick) helped me with some recon.
emfleek
8/20/10 8:34:02AM

Posted by TimW001

Like they can think?
I think you need to be more open minded and not go after the hottest cheerleader or best looking hooters girl. Next time target a women who reads for fun.
"(who is hot btw, so it's not like the ugly chick exception that so many guys think is the only way a guy and a girl could just be "friends")"

And maybe you need to not be so judgemental? You're 18. There's no need to talk down to the guy (who's quite a bit older than you, by the way) as if you're the elder statesman of the site.
teddythetuna
8/20/10 2:35:37PM
Tim001 you need to relax. Maybe the situation he explained just sparked an interest in sharing his thoughts. I think his comments regarding his friend being hot and not ugly, was directed at people who think guys and girls can only be friends if she is ugly and not neccessarily an indication of him being close minded.
BlueSkiesBurn
8/20/10 4:32:41PM

Posted by teddythetuna

Tim001 you need to relax. Maybe the situation he explained just sparked an interest in sharing his thoughts. I think his comments regarding his friend being hot and not ugly, was directed at people who think guys and girls can only be friends if she is ugly and not necessarily an indication of him being close minded.

This.

Most people think that the only way a woman can be a wingwoman is if she's unattractive or otherwise not interested in men. As a man who hangs out with primarily women, most of them extremely attractive, I can vouch for the effectiveness of an attractive wingwoman who is truly nothing more than a friend.

You should read his post as more of a personal experience mixed with social commentary as opposed to him being closed minded and needing to grow up. I know WarGlory, he's a good dude. His friend might not do so hot around the ladies, especially if he's talking about raids and such, but yeah...he's a good dude.
warglory
8/21/10 12:14:52PM

Posted by TimW001

Posted by warglory

How old are you, why did you just realize this.

Like they can think?

Wow, I'm glad people pointed out the point of my post for me, because you obviously took it completely the wrong way.