Odd rash on leg?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » Odd rash on leg?
Salty
10/9/07 2:16:56PM
So friday night/saturday mourning i noticed i had a odd looking rash on my leg near my ankle, i figured it was a mosquito bite and thought nothing of it. well now it kind of looks like ringworm... but its not like a ring. its all red. im going to try to take a picture and post it up here from my iPhone but im not sure if i can do it or not.... anyone have any idea what it could be?
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Mitchell740
10/9/07 2:47:22PM
Go see a doctor. My rule for myself is to wait about a day and see if it goes away then get it checked out. But if its that red, its probably not something that will go away on its own.
allevil86
10/9/07 3:21:55PM
I'm no doctor but I have had my share of worm and Im pretty sure thats nmot what you have there. You need to get that shit checked out asap.
szucconi
10/9/07 3:28:27PM
When you said bug bit I thought of impetigo and that is way worse then ringworm, but it doesn't look like impetigo. Then again, I have only seen pictures of it. I would get it checked out.
Pitbull09
10/9/07 4:50:35PM
have you guys seen some pics of guys with staff infection. That is some sick stuff. But yea, seek a doctors advice instead of us.
Salty
10/9/07 6:19:16PM
i think its a spider bite... its getting better it was bigger yesterday
loonytnt
10/9/07 10:45:01PM
you train in BJJ or kickboxing? because when i go hard when kickboxing i get those on my legs from kicks. gets red, not that red tho but if you hit it that will happen sometimes, i cant see it super good in the pic but imo if it dont hurt and is going away leave it, if it hurt or does not go away go to a DR
jdubs
10/10/07 11:20:22PM
id say spider
ninjachicken
10/21/07 7:18:54PM
It looks like KILLER STAPH
Vendetta
10/30/07 1:36:02PM
Nowadays with MRSA killing people it's not worth taking a chance on. Go get it checked out at a doctor's office. Better safe than sorry.
Salty
10/31/07 8:39:52AM
yea, its all set, went away like a week after i posted this, prolly just a spider bite or a really big mosquito bite
Believe-in-judo81
10/31/07 8:57:06AM
Good deal man, but when you're in and out of gyms it's better safe than sorry. Next time go to Doc, even if you don't think it's a big deal. With staph going around like it has been you should get any rash or even the most insignificant seeming infected cuts and skin breaks checked. Glad it turned out to be no big deal, and stay healthy!
madmarck
11/4/07 11:49:33AM

Posted by szucconi

When you said bug bit I thought of impetigo and that is way worse then ringworm, but it doesn't look like impetigo. Then again, I have only seen pictures of it. I would get it checked out.

I had impetago it lookes more like a big pimple. You can generally pick the sore off and it will looked like fresh gooey crap, however that makes it more contagious.
But yeah the best bet is to see a doctor if it doesnt go away in 2 days. its best not to take a chance.
Your lucky its on your ankle i got impetigo on my face when i cut myself shaving. Dont even know how.