An odd idea / conspiracy theory about UFC 151

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » An odd idea / conspiracy theory about UFC 151
jae_1833
9/3/12 7:49:36PM
A buddy of mine posed a question to me today in conversation and while it was a bit ludicrous I thought I would swing it you all's way:
Could this be an experiment by Zuffa to boost sales on UFC PPVs? We have an influx of fights lately, especially UFC events, to the point where some have said that the market is flooded. A minor draught to rekindle everyone's thirst?
grappler0000
9/3/12 7:54:23PM
I say nay. We have a drought every March. Also, if the UFC thought the market was flooded, it would be much easier to just not schedule events for a few weeks, rather than lose millions of dollars and some face.
prophecy033
9/3/12 8:49:19PM
I don't think so either. Doesn't seem like that would be the case. I don't think they would drum up interest at the expense of one of their best fighters reputations.
infestructure
9/3/12 8:53:58PM
Hendo would never be a part of something like that.
Adrenaline
9/3/12 11:09:42PM
Is your buddy Ghandikush?
the-king
9/3/12 11:22:57PM
OR JESSE VENTURA
tcunningham
9/4/12 12:00:36AM
i say no. they could probably just cancel a few free events and achieve the same effect.
prozacnation1978
9/4/12 12:16:40AM
I still think next year we will see less free events and more ppv. Ufc lost two ppv this year. One this weekend and one in march Montreal. They lost money. I think this weekend was a wake up call. Next year ppv co main events will be better

This is what we had this year for co main ppv

Werdum vs nelson
Bader vs rampage
Mcdonald vs mills
Velasquez vs Silva
Werdum vs Russow
Ortiz vs griffin
Lombard vs boetsch
Cerrone vs guillard

Was gonna have Ellenburger vs hieron

Despite Cain vs big foot. Co main have been pathetic
Poor_Franklin
9/4/12 1:08:56AM
i think a more believable conspiracy theory is that sonnen knew about hendo's injury & was trying to bait Jones into a a future fight w/ the tweets w/out Jones knowing of hendo's injury while Sonnen did know about it.

i don;t believe it. just saying i believe it's more believable.
Bubbles
9/6/12 12:27:46PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

I still think next year we will see less free events and more ppv. Ufc lost two ppv this year. One this weekend and one in march Montreal. They lost money. I think this weekend was a wake up call. Next year ppv co main events will be better

This is what we had this year for co main ppv

Werdum vs nelson
Bader vs rampage
Mcdonald vs mills
Velasquez vs Silva
Werdum vs Russow
Ortiz vs griffin
Lombard vs boetsch
Cerrone vs guillard

Was gonna have Ellenburger vs hieron

Despite Cain vs big foot. Co main have been pathetic

did they lose March or was it just postponed until November due to scheduling issues. The March card wasn't set in stone, didn't have promos and posters everywhere and therefore wasn't a cancellation.

What's wrong with those co-mains? Every one of them, except for Mills/Mcdonald and Russow/Werdum (which was basically a TUF finale), on paper are great co-main fights. Each of them had title implications or was a retirement fight for a pioneer and HoFer. Not every PPV will have two title fights, in fact only a handful have.

Ellengerber vs Koscheck was the original co-main, but once Kos got hurt and every other top 10 WW tied up they brought in Heiron. Stop bitching and enjoy the sport.
Bubbles
9/6/12 12:28:33PM
a conspiracy theory that wasnt started by KFM???