octopus v shark

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » octopus v shark
CantAndleDaRiddum
12/24/07 3:30:05PM
Mastodon2
12/24/07 3:54:38PM
Yep nothing new. Shark's can't pump water over their gills like fish can, they have to keep swimming forward or they drown, only the Wobbegong shark can pump, so if an octopus ties them up they are done for!

I didn't watch the video, but I've seen this kind of footage on NG before - probably the very same footage!
CantAndleDaRiddum
12/24/07 4:10:02PM
dude i did not know that!
if u were a religion i would worship u
loonytnt
12/25/07 2:36:13AM
if i have to fight a shark i will hug him so he cant swim lol
hippysmacker
12/25/07 4:05:08AM
That was awesome! I hate Sharks!
Mastodon2
12/25/07 5:48:01AM

Posted by loonytnt

if i have to fight a shark i will hug him so he cant swim lol



Good look getting ahold of him!


Personally, I'm really angry at the shark situation at the moment. If we trace their ancestry back to the first sharks (that we know of) they are utterly ancient. They predate the dinosaurs, they predate life on land too. It's such a shame that mankind has turned up and in the blink of an eye is seriously battering the shark populations, for stupid reasons like game fishing, or Shark fin soup (where less than 1% of the Shark's body mass is actually used, and the other 99% is dumped back in the sea, unable to swim, and thus asphyxiates due to lack of water flow, and therefore O2 deficiency and CO2 expiration). It really is disgusting!
bullettdodger
12/25/07 6:28:06AM

Posted by Mastodon2


Posted by loonytnt

if i have to fight a shark i will hug him so he cant swim lol



Good look getting ahold of him!


Personally, I'm really angry at the shark situation at the moment. If we trace their ancestry back to the first sharks (that we know of) they are utterly ancient. They predate the dinosaurs, they predate life on land too. It's such a shame that mankind has turned up and in the blink of an eye is seriously battering the shark populations, for stupid reasons like game fishing, or Shark fin soup (where less than 1% of the Shark's body mass is actually used, and the other 99% is dumped back in the sea, unable to swim, and thus asphyxiates due to lack of water flow, and therefore O2 deficiency and CO2 expiration). It really is disgusting!



Trapt1nw0nder
12/25/07 6:45:19AM
no fair...that was a small baby pussy shark...I could of taken him too....would like to see that octoPUS take on a great white!
TNunley
12/26/07 9:37:51AM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

no fair...that was a small baby pussy shark...I could of taken him too....would like to see that octoPUS take on a great white!



Man, that was exactly what I was gonna say... did they pick the biggest octopus they could find, and the tiniest, least aggressive shark? If the octopus latched on to a great white he'd be in for one hell of a ride.

Not to mention did you notice the octopus' tentacle over the shark's mouth? that thing would be gone if it were a shark more aggressive.
Related Topics