UFC Octagon Book !!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC Octagon Book !!
TWITA
10/2/08 1:13:18PM
Hey fellow Playgrounders! I work for a book publisher and was fortunate enough to secure a deal with the UFC to bring a book entitled OCTAGON to retail. This is a 360 page hard cover book featuring awesome action shots from inside the Octagon as well as incredible before and after shots of all the fighters from UFC 40 through UFC 70. The book also has a dust jacket and a killer foldout featuring every before and after shot in a landscaped format - really cool! The book will come out in early December and will retail for $40. Amazon is taking pre-orders right now for $26.40. Check it out through this link - OctagonBookOnAmazon
MMAcca
10/2/08 1:15:53PM
Nice

Will it be available to buy in the UK ?
TWITA
10/2/08 1:18:38PM
Yep - should be there around the same time as the NA launch. You might want to keep your eyes/ears open for a book signing at launch in the UK :)
BIGKAT
10/2/08 1:53:09PM
Who wrote the book and why should I read it? Anyone can write a book these days yknow...
MMAcca
10/2/08 1:59:17PM

Posted by TWITA

Yep - should be there around the same time as the NA launch. You might want to keep your eyes/ears open for a book signing at launch in the UK :)

Cheers
TWITA
10/2/08 1:59:55PM
Not a novel - this is a coffee table/photo book and the images are INCREDIBLE! Kevin Lynch had unprecedented access to the fighters backstage and in the Octagon (if you look closely at the PPV's, he's the guy standing on the outside of the Octagon taking shots of the fights). Check out the Amazon link - there are a couple spreads from inside the book as well as a portion of Dana White's Afterword.
bls1919
10/2/08 5:15:18PM
Props , thanx for the link. I just pre ordered
TWITA
10/2/08 8:33:24PM

Posted by bls1919

Props , thanx for the link. I just pre ordered

Awesome! I promise - you won't be disappointed.
blkssncpt
10/2/08 8:45:01PM
Sweet man i just pre-order mine aswell

-Rob
TWITA
10/2/08 9:16:57PM
We're going to have some fighter signings at book stores throughout the US when the book launches. I'll make sure to let everyone know the locations when they get nailed down.
prozacnation1978
10/2/08 10:32:46PM
looks like someone is plugging for their book to be bought and get a nice pay back in return
Branwest
10/3/08 7:52:01PM
Personally, I would rather a novel. Not just a bunch of pictures. If I wanted to look at pictures of the fighters before- and after-fight shots, I would put it together myself. No offense, that's just my opinion. I know what the fighters look like, I would rather learn more about little-known facts about the history and evolution of the UFC.