AA vs Obrien link?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » AA vs Obrien link?
mkiv9secsupra
3/2/08 1:41:42PM
Does anyone have a link to the obrien arlovski fight? i still havent seen it or any of the other prelims
juanez13
3/2/08 1:43:39PM
yea i've been lookign for them, almost every other event the un-aired preliminary bouts should be surfing the net by now, usually mmalinker.com has them by now, but all they have are the main-card fights.............the fights i want to see the most are arlovski and sanchez.
grappler0000
3/2/08 1:53:08PM
Ask and you shall receive...

Video Link
mkiv9secsupra
3/2/08 2:12:16PM
after watching that it solidifies my belief that Joe Rogan is getting either to be a bigger nuthugger or just that much dumber... He pretty much said Arlovski sucks through the whole fight.
Kpro
3/2/08 2:25:50PM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

after watching that it solidifies my belief that Joe Rogan is getting either to be a bigger nuthugger or just that much dumber... He pretty much said Arlovski sucks through the whole fight.

I thought he pretty much called it like it was.

Arlovski has been extremely tentative since his first Sylvia fight and wouldn't attempt a choke that most other HW's would've already finished O'Brien with halfway through the first round with the way his neck dangled out there the entire fight.

Other than a few elbows to the scalp from his back, he didn't even land anything worthwhile until he fell into mount at the end of the 2nd round.

Sure he pointed out the negative aspects of Arlovski instead of focusing on things he does well, butI didn't hear anything Rogan said that wasn't true.
mkiv9secsupra
3/2/08 2:33:29PM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

I thought he pretty much called it like it was.

Arlovski has been extremely tentative since his first Sylvia fight and wouldn't attempt a choke that most other HW's would've already finished O'Brien with halfway through the first round with the way his neck dangled out there the entire fight.

Other than a few elbows to the scalp from his back, he didn't even land anything worthwhile until he fell into mount at the end of the 2nd round.

Sure he pointed out the negative aspects of Arlovski instead of focusing on things he does well, butI didn't hear anything Rogan said that wasn't true.

But obrien did just as little. He shot in and Arlovski sprawled well repeatedly. No one did anything standing. No one did anything at all. Obrien played offense and Arlovski played D. But arlovksi did a little better and scored a takedown to mount where he finished it.

and also i was talking about how he was all over Kongos nuts about how he was one of the best strikers in the sport. Everytime Kongo throws that right he cocks it back. Thats basic stuff that he should have learned to not do by now.
juanez13
3/2/08 2:33:40PM

Posted by grappler0000

Video Link

do you have a link to the sanchez fight??
SmileR
3/2/08 7:38:09PM
What was up with Rogan in that fight?
Arlovski didn't look impressive but O'brian did jack with what he had.
You could tell Andrei wasn't trying an still won easily. He outclassed O'brian plain an simple.

The UFC needs to resign him and give him a fight that will push his talents!
He could be a serious contender in 1 or 2 fights if they give him people who will stand up and bang rather than 3 fights in a row were each opponent wants to take him down.
It just shows how good he is when the 2nd best BJJ guy in the devision couldn't do anything and now a good wrestler had nothing for him.

He should defiantly fight Kongo next and show the world what a great striker really is!

I still don't get why Rogan saying Arlovski's mind is done!
He pimp slapped Cruz and schooled Werdum in stand up an still doesn't get respect!
Fair enough he got caught an KO'd in the 2nd Sylvia fight but the 3rd was close and the first 2 round defiantly went in AA favor. Other than that what else do people have to moan about!?

I would have rather watched in Japanese again than have Rogan maoning.

grappler0000
3/3/08 7:23:44AM

Posted by juanez13

Posted by grappler0000

Video Link

do you have a link to the sanchez fight??

Video Link