Obama's grandma passes away one day before election

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Obama's grandma passes away one day before election
ncordless
11/3/08 4:53:36PM
This is such a sad event. Regardless of where you stand on this election... it is a sad day when a grandmother who raised her grandson will not be able to see her pride and joy possibly win the election. There had been reports that she had been gravely ill, but I think everyone hoped that she would live to see her grandson at his best.

RIP and my sympathy to the Obama family on the eve of what may be their greatest achievement.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
DCRage
11/3/08 5:03:48PM
Very sad indeed, my sincerest condolences go out to Obama and his family.
nastshabast
11/3/08 6:06:53PM
wow. but does karma even this out tommorow? let's hope so.
StevenSeagal
11/3/08 7:09:08PM
it better!

If I see one news reel about how Obama tried to "use" the death of his g'ma for votes said by the right, ill vomit on my tv,,, watch Limbaugh or Gingrich, I bet they spin some garbage.
nastshabast
11/3/08 7:21:19PM

Posted by StevenSeagal

it better!

If I see one news reel about how Obama tried to "use" the death of his g'ma for votes said by the right, ill vomit on my tv,,, watch Limbaugh or Gingrich, I bet they spin some garbage.

oh for sure it's coming....i can't believe that dude is allowed on tv.....and the younger one is even worse
Jackelope
11/3/08 10:33:02PM
I'm not an Obama supporter but my sincere condolences go out. I heard he made a pretty powerful speech with tears and everything afterward.

For the record: I'm not a McCain supporter either.
Kracker_Jap
11/3/08 10:46:41PM
I support McCain.....

But still feel bad for Obama

Not so bad I hope he wins though
cowcatcher
11/3/08 11:04:20PM
without addressing who i support or anything, but just as a human it is extremely sad that his grandma couldnt live to see the election results. im sure if/when(at least it looks that way) he wins the speech should be very emotional and memorable coming from an orator like him.
cmill21
11/3/08 11:20:33PM
I know how hard it is to lose a grandparent. My heart goes out to Obama and I am glad he had so long with his grandmother.
Naturaldisaster
11/4/08 1:50:01AM
I saw somethin the other day on tv about how she was really sick, (one news reporter was talkin about how it must be nice to go on vacation to hawaii in the middle of the election campaign, she felt like an ass when she found out that he went because of his grandma). I feel really bad for the family. They say somethin bad always happens before somethin good does. this is sad news
mentalcase
11/4/08 3:05:58AM
can someone please explane to me why a 47 year olds man grand mother dieing is sad? i dont know how old she was be ill guess 70s-80 now im going for abama for the win but how is this sad? we all die when we get older and she seems old enough to have lived a full life theres no need for saddness
cowcatcher
11/4/08 8:28:16AM

Posted by mentalcase

can someone please explane to me why a 47 year olds man grand mother dieing is sad? i dont know how old she was be ill guess 70s-80 now im going for abama for the win but how is this sad? we all die when we get older and she seems old enough to have lived a full life theres no need for saddness

i want to respond to this but i would get banned, please find your way to sherdog or anywhere else but here
Jackelope
11/4/08 9:54:34AM

Posted by mentalcase

Because her grandson is about to be elected president and she couldn't stay alive for a couple more days to see it
4u2nv
11/4/08 9:58:11AM
wow RIP g-ma Obama! lets see if he can win and u'll be shining down on 1-20-09.
wolfman
11/4/08 10:35:10AM

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by mentalcase

Because her grandson is about to be elected president and she couldn't stay alive for a couple more days to see it

In addition to that, he was raised by his grandmother making the bond with his grandmother even closer...
gsquat
11/4/08 10:41:15AM
Sad to hear that. My prayers go out to him and his family.
moob
11/4/08 4:59:54PM

Posted by mentalcase

Yeah I mean, I never got sad when any of my now departed relatives passed away.
Ben_Hutch
11/4/08 5:07:29PM

Posted by moob

Posted by mentalcase

Yeah I mean, I never got sad when any of my now departed relatives passed away.

You're right there, losing loved ones isn't sad at all, don't know what Obama would have to be upset about.
gsquat
11/4/08 5:08:38PM
Perhaps Obama is saddened and for reason. He no longer has someone who was with him his entire life. I believe that to be just cause for sadness. I never said I was sad but that I feel for him and my prayers go out to him and his family.
iwannabesedated
11/4/08 5:30:28PM

Posted by gsquat

Perhaps Obama is saddened and for reason. He no longer has someone who was with him his entire life. I believe that to be just cause for sadness. I never said I was sad but that I feel for him and my prayers go out to him and his family.

Especially the fact that she may miss out on seeing her grandson make History,Needless to say 1 day before.I keep getting irriatated hearing people at work say..OH he'll win now because he'll get a sympathy vote i mean its not like he planned or wanted her to pass away...
hippysmacker
11/4/08 5:39:21PM
I lost my maternal grandma 5 years ago. Not only do you have your own grief to deal with, but your parent has lost a parent. My mom's grief was terrible to behold. Obama and his loved ones have my deepest condolences.
ncordless
11/4/08 5:45:01PM

Posted by hippysmacker

I lost my maternal grandma 5 years ago. Not only do you have your own grief to deal with, but your parent has lost a parent. My mom's grief was terrible to behold. Obama and his loved ones have my deepest condolences.

Yeah. And to make it worse Obama's mother has already passed away. This was the grandmother who raised him when his mother sent him to live with his grandparents. It is really almost like he lost his mother again. All the people who raised him have passed. I lost my mother last spring and it crushed me. That Obama is able to go on and keep his composure while speaking right now is pretty impressive.
mentalcase
11/4/08 7:42:47PM
ok im sorry everyone for my comment i was defenetly not trolling, my grand father died earlyer this year and at 83 and i lived next door to him in his final days and i spoke to him about dieing and he told me he desnt mind he lived a full life he had 7 children and he did everything he wanted to( he was a ww2 vet on the german side we are hungarian) and he accepts his time is up

when i found out he died in the next few days after i spoke to him, i was not sad just glad i had a chance to talk to him about his life and the way he was

my point is i wasnt sad just happy for him that he had i long and full life and it was his just his time to go
Rush
11/4/08 7:51:57PM
I'm 31 and my last grandparent passed away when I was 18. Prior to that I lost a grandfather and grandmother when I was 11 (they died within a month of each other). My other grandmother died when I was around 4.

The fact that Obama had his grandmother until now, I consider it a blessing.
mentalcase
11/4/08 8:00:58PM

Posted by Rush

I'm 31 and my last grandparent passed away when I was 18. Prior to that I lost a grandfather and grandmother when I was 11 (they died within a month of each other). My other grandmother died when I was around 4.

The fact that Obama had his grandmother until now, I consider it a blessing.

this is what my first comment was based upon my mums mother died when i was 11 my dads dad died this year and im 22
dannyfrank
11/4/08 8:04:22PM
thats really sad for obama. my grandfather passed away about a week after my aunt got married when i was in the 3rd grade. thankfully, the last thing we remembered about my grandfather at his funeral was him getting completely hammered at the wedding. i hope obama has some good memories to cherish as well