Inside the Numbers: Who Draws On PPV?

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Inside the Numbers: Who Draws On PPV?
MMAcca
10/1/08 1:21:18PM
The charts below break down the relative drawing power of each fighter in comparison to the average card with out them. These numbers cover PPV’s since the beginning of 2006, which for all intents and purposes marks the beginning of the modern era of the UFC on PPV. It was during this time period that the organization was first able to fully realize the benefits of their success with The Ultimate Fighter.

LINK
Darnok
10/1/08 1:38:50PM
We sure have been seeing a lot of discussion about PPV numbers, and the end result is that Tito is a big draw.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Tito had something to do with making sure these numbers are displayed as often as possible. Maybe this will help him get a good contract somewhere.

BIGKAT
10/1/08 4:08:42PM
And Brock Lesnar had alot to do with how many of those? I didn't see his name anywhere hmmmmm
Ben_Hutch
10/1/08 4:12:43PM
Anderson Silva's below Rashad Evans?

Riiiightttttt...................
Wolfenstein
10/1/08 4:49:02PM
It's hard to believe but Anderson Silva really isn't a huge draw. For the hardcore MMA fans he is, but not the casual fan. I don't think it's a stretch to say Rashad is a bigger draw because any guy on TUF has recieved more exposure and publicity than 90% of UFC fighters. Okay so the 90% is kind of random but I bet it's close.

After Anderson's appearance on fight night though I wouldn't be surprised if his PPV numbers receive a little bump now that people have seen him on TV rather than just seeing clips of him on previews for an upcoming UFC PPV.
Ben_Hutch
10/1/08 5:00:14PM

Posted by Wolfenstein

It's hard to believe but Anderson Silva really isn't a huge draw. For the hardcore MMA fans he is, but not the casual fan. I don't think it's a stretch to say Rashad is a bigger draw because any guy on TUF has recieved more exposure and publicity than 90% of UFC fighters. Okay so the 90% is kind of random but I bet it's close.

After Anderson's appearance on fight night though I wouldn't be surprised if his PPV numbers receive a little bump now that people have seen him on TV rather than just seeing clips of him on previews for an upcoming UFC PPV.

If he was American it'd be a whole different story.......
iwannabesedated
10/1/08 5:08:59PM

Posted by Ben_Hutch

Posted by Wolfenstein

If he was American it'd be a whole different story.......

I dont think being american has much to do with it.If i were a casual fan and never seen him before or heard him talk.I'd think he was just some bad ass black dude.
MMAcca
10/1/08 5:41:09PM

Posted by Ben_Hutch

Anderson Silva's below Rashad Evans?

Riiiightttttt...................

Anderson has never drawn big ppv numbers Ben
NeaRMisS
10/2/08 12:36:47AM
Anderson doesn't hype himself up either. He doesn't trash talk, call people out etc. He isn't in mainstream becuase of his respect more so then anything else. If he would act like tito now and then he would be selling a TON more ppvs to the avg fan.

You see tito, and you see his commericials and its him talking crap, explainin why he is #1 or why the UFC hates him. He is ALSO in the public eye non stop. No such thing has bad publicity and tito makes that apparent.