Number Of Strikeforce Fighters Headed For The UFC

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Number Of Strikeforce Fighters Headed For The UFC
Biggavelli
1/15/13 11:08:42PM
A number of fighters were mentioned during Tuesday night's episode of UFC Tonight as signing UFC contracts from Strikeforce. The promotion folded after its last show this past Saturday night.

Strikefore middleweight champion Luke Rockhold and Gegard Mousasi were among those mentioned, along with Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza, Tim Kennedy, Roger Gracie and Lorenz Larkin from the 185- and 205-pound divisions.

Tarec Saffiedine, who captured the Strikeforce welterweight title from Nate Marquardt, is headed to the UFC, along with Roger Bowling, Jason High and Bobby Voelker. At lightweight, Josh Thomson will join Gilbert Melendez inside the Octagon.

Lightweights K.J. Noons, Pat Healy and Adriano Martins have moved over, along with Ryan Couture, the son of UFC Hall of Famer Randy. They will become the first father-son duo to compete for the UFC.

Kurt Holobaugh, who debuted in Strikeforce at lightweight and lost to Healy, has signed with the UFC and will enter the featherweight ranks.

LINK
prozacnation1978
1/15/13 11:23:42PM
What no gurgel ?? What the hell
Copenhagen
1/15/13 11:57:30PM
Gurgel is just not a UFC caliber fighter, and he isn't getting any younger.
I'm sure/hope he has a successful career as a coach when he retires from MMA.
FastKnockout
1/16/13 12:08:42AM

Posted by prozacnation1978

Heeeell no.
Budgellism
1/16/13 12:29:38AM
I'd be happy if they gave him a fight. It does make the most sense though to let him go.

I like this list. I was hoping they'd bring Marquardt over but I can live with it. He'll probably make his way to Bellator.

One match up I hope they make right off the bat is Lauzon vs. Thomson
Poor_Franklin
1/16/13 12:36:50AM
fleek either tweeted or retweeted something about this not being the full list of SF fighters coming to the UFC, just the initial list. a few more might be coming & we just arent aware of it yet.
prophecy033
1/16/13 12:43:56AM
I figured it wasn't the whole list.
Budgellism
1/16/13 12:51:15AM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

fleek either tweeted or retweeted something about this not being the full list of SF fighters coming to the UFC, just the initial list. a few more might be coming & we just arent aware of it yet.

Nice

There are a few guys I still want to see come in.
jae_1833
1/16/13 1:10:45AM
Obviously not a complete list...Robbie Lawler is supposed to return to the UFC as a WW against Josh Koschek.
RhythmAndStyle
1/16/13 1:13:46AM

gurgel retired after the fight..i thought everyone knew that, lmfao..
Sir_Karl
1/16/13 1:22:44AM
No Jorge Masvidal? Wow.
Twenty20Dollars
1/16/13 1:35:51AM
Maybe this is just the list of people that have agreed to come over or have contracts to come over or whatever.

No Woodley. I could do with or without him.
DrivenDavies15
1/16/13 2:46:39AM

Posted by Budgellism

I'd be happy if they gave him a fight. It does make the most sense though to let him go.

I like this list. I was hoping they'd bring Marquardt over but I can live with it. He'll probably make his way to Bellator.

One match up I hope they make right off the bat is Lauzon vs. Thomson

Actually on the MMA Junkie List it shows Marquardt is indeed coming back to the UFC. and a few other guys not mentioned here.

I'm happy to see all these guys in the UFC. I hope they manage to bring over OSP, Feijao, Adlan Amagov, Guto Innocente, Masvidal, Wilcox and of course some more females That would be perfect in my eyes but it's pretty doubtful we'll all of them come over
danclarke1992
1/16/13 6:55:35AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Maybe this is just the list of people that have agreed to come over or have contracts to come over or whatever.

No Woodley. I could do with or without him.

They have already brought him over, he's fighting hieron at 156
sparky
1/16/13 8:08:07AM

My prediction is Gurgel ends up with Bellator
Bubbles
1/16/13 8:26:24AM
list not complete without Barnett
tcunningham
1/16/13 12:48:21PM
nothing surprising. i could have done without couture and roger gracie but in the end it doesnt really matter to me. im just glad to see some good talent come from the MW division. i think guys like jacare, kennedy and rockhold are good fights for most anybody in the ufc's MW div.
Biggavelli
1/16/13 1:22:47PM
Yeah I dont think this is a final list, Im sure more will come over.
Poor_Franklin
1/16/13 2:34:31PM

Posted by Bubbles

list not complete without Barnett