The Number One Songs of 2008

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » The Number One Songs of 2008
Next Page »
Jackelope
12/9/08 4:44:32PM
Oh, sweet Jesus.... what is this world coming to? Measured by sales and radio play.

The list

1. Low - Flo Rida

2. Love In This Club - Usher

3. Bleeding Love - Leona Lewis

4. Touch My Body - Mariah Carey

5. Lollipop - Lil Wayne

6. Take A Bow - Rihanna

7. Viva La Vida - Coldplay

8. I Kissed A Girl - Katy Perry

9. Disturbia - Rihanna

10. Whatever You Like - T.I.

11. So What - Pink

12. Live Your Life - T.I.

13. Womanizer - Britney Spears

14. Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It) - Beyonce

I agree with several of the posters on there. Namely the person who says

wow im happy to say ive never herd any of these songs, or half of the artists...

I have no problem with rap, but this is not the rap of the 90's. What a terrible time to be a musician

Edit: Also, it's not near the rap of the 80's. I wouldn't want to leave out the 80's rappers

I also think over the last few years rock/metal has made a tiny bit of a resurgence with some good names like Mudvayne, 5FDP, Slipknot, and others
higdon10
12/9/08 4:48:58PM
There isnt a good song on the list What is the world coming to??
DCRage
12/9/08 4:50:23PM
#3 on the list was actually #1 on iTunes in terms of downloads.
aaa9erh8er
12/9/08 4:50:52PM
loli can say ive never heard any of these song with the exception of i kiised a girl my GF loves that f-ing song god it drives me crazy.
my list would have to have on it the new montgomery gentry, roll with me. darrius rucker,dont think i dont think about it. kid rock, all summer long. any thing country
StevenSeagal
12/9/08 4:52:25PM
I like Coldplay, for a soothing change of pace. Pretty sad my next choice is Britney... Damn.
breakdown5
12/9/08 4:53:13PM
I've only heard a couple of these songs. Thank God for satellite radio. You may not like everything that gets played on a channel, but they're so genre specific that you wouldn't hear it unless you were looking for it.
dannyfrank
12/9/08 4:59:37PM
the only good song on there is viva la vida. i do have to say though,even though i dont like her music, rihanna is fine as hell
Bowen50
12/9/08 5:08:26PM
that is really just terrible. anything from the late 60's to mid 90's is better than anything on that list. it really is a shame.
grappler0000
12/9/08 5:09:16PM

Posted by dannyfrank

the only good song on there is viva la vida.

It's funny, cuz I was just reading about this earlier this morning. Make of it what you will.
Aaronno9
12/9/08 5:45:40PM

Posted by DCRage

#3 on the list was actually #1 on iTunes in terms of downloads.

I hate Leona Lewis. I wish the x factor never started just so i never had to listen to her songs.
dannyfrank
12/9/08 6:03:08PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by dannyfrank

It's funny, cuz I was just reading about this earlier this morning. Make of it what you will.

NO!!!!!!!!!

lol, that reminds me of a funny story though. apparently, lil jon made a song that used the guitar line from "crazy train" in it. then i heard this kid saying that he heard crazy train on the radio and he was like, "WTF! they totally copied lil jon!"

what is wrong with people!?!?!
loller90278
12/9/08 6:11:50PM
i just figured out the beat from "regulators" by nate and snoop was actually made by michael mcdonald! (not the k1 star)

cmb19932
12/9/08 6:55:47PM

Posted by dannyfrank

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by dannyfrank

NO!!!!!!!!!

lol, that reminds me of a funny story though. apparently, lil jon made a song that used the guitar line from "crazy train" in it. then i heard this kid saying that he heard crazy train on the radio and he was like, "WTF! they totally copied lil jon!"

what is wrong with people!?!?!

that kid must live next door 2 me i had the same problem
Jackelope
12/9/08 7:00:03PM
The best I ever heard was somebody saying that Led Zepplin stole the guitar in "Kashmir" from that dude who played with Puff Daddy in the Godzilla song. That is 100% no lie that somebody actually said that. How I didn't slap the ever loving shit out of them is beyond me.
cmb19932
12/9/08 7:15:58PM
your ears must have been bleading for hours after that statemaent
breakdown5
12/9/08 7:25:02PM

Posted by Jackelope

The best I ever heard was somebody saying that Led Zepplin stole the guitar in "Kashmir" from that dude who played with Puff Daddy in the Godzilla song. That is 100% no lie that somebody actually said that. How I didn't slap the ever loving shit out of them is beyond me.

I heard this same thing from some kid at work and almost had to choke him unconscious on the spot.
ohiostate1016
12/9/08 9:56:34PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by dannyfrank

I knew I had heard that song somewhere before! I just couldn't help dancing the first time that I heard it on that iPod commercial!!!!
jiujitsufreak74
12/9/08 10:01:51PM
Me--->
The_Ho_Bag
12/9/08 11:35:38PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Me--->

MMAcca
12/10/08 1:09:18AM
Bad list. Just goes to show the state of the music industry.
jakeiceman
12/10/08 2:18:40AM

Posted by MMAcca

Bad list. Just goes to show the state of the music industry.

I think it goes to further show you the state of people in general. Music is so unoriginal and really just garbage these days and people love it. There is alot of good stuff out there that does not get discovered. There are even quite a few good bands that are somewhat mainstream that people should check out if they are not into digging for alternative stuff anything would be better than this shit.

I hate EVERY song on that list.....ok maybe I like the Pink song and jam out to it in the shower every morning....but hey, everyone has thier odd little Quirks
ncordless
12/10/08 2:20:12AM
I have never heard of any of these songs.
big_timmy
12/10/08 4:12:06AM
mentalcase
12/10/08 6:55:29AM

Posted by big_timmy

A more relevant list

great list, i was just looking for something like this

paranoid is a great but i would of put Master of Puppets at #1
Jackelope
12/10/08 7:52:05AM

Posted by big_timmy

A more relevant list

Some aren't bad, but Crazy Train at number 4? Fricken cemetary gates only got #84... LOL I know the lists are never going to make everyone happy, but am I alone here in thinking that Crazy Train isn't that great of a song?
dannyfrank
12/10/08 9:55:59AM

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by big_timmy

A more relevant list

Some aren't bad, but Crazy Train at number 4? Fricken cemetary gates only got #84... LOL I know the lists are never going to make everyone happy, but am I alone here in thinking that Crazy Train isn't that great of a song?

i love crazy train, but i wouldnt put it at number 4
AchillesHeel
12/10/08 12:30:02PM

Posted by big_timmy

A more relevant list

The inclusion of KISS invalidates this list.
Naturaldisaster
12/10/08 12:38:35PM

Posted by Jackelope
5. Lollipop - Lil Wayne

I agree with those 3 songs being some of the best this year.
dannyfrank
12/10/08 2:56:06PM

Posted by Naturaldisaster

Posted by Jackelope
5. Lollipop - Lil Wayne

I agree with those 3 songs being some of the best this year.

tell me you're joking

FrankTheTank1181
12/10/08 6:19:49PM
It takes talent to make a rock/metal song, and you can't just go out and lipsynch or have 400 of your friends on stage trying to sing your songs with you. Also #7 should be credited to Joe Satriani, cause when he wins his lawsuit he's gonna get a lot of cash.
Pages: [1] 2