NSAC says UFC 137 headliner Nick Diaz passed required pre-fight drug test

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » NSAC says UFC 137 headliner Nick Diaz passed required pre-fight drug test
FastKnockout
10/27/11 6:34:22PM
The shuffling deck of UFC 137 squashed the Nevada State Athletic Commission's plans for out-of-competition testing of the headliners.

However, one competitor did not and could not escape a pre-fight drug test: Nick Diaz. And as it turned out, he took headliner status.

Thankfully, the NSAC received notice on Wednesday that Diaz passed a test for drugs of abuse and is cleared to fight, NSAC executive director Keith Kizer told MMAjunkie.com.

LINK
KungFuMaster
10/27/11 6:47:29PM
I don't like the implications of this article.

When other fighters pass drug tests, do we see articles about it? No. So why are we seeing an article about Diaz passing a drug test?
FastKnockout
10/27/11 7:13:25PM

Posted by KungFuMaster

When other fighters pass drug tests, do we see articles about it? No. So why are we seeing an article about Diaz passing a drug test?

It's exactly what everyone's thinking. If there is one fighter on the card most likely to fail the drug test, it's Diaz, and we all know it. haha
airkerma
10/27/11 7:28:46PM
I want that drug test next time I have a job interview
Chael_Sonnen
10/27/11 7:45:20PM

Posted by KungFuMaster

BeeR
10/27/11 7:49:13PM
must not of inhaled.
prophecy033
10/27/11 8:32:31PM
I think I speak for everyone when I say "thank god"
KungFuMaster
10/27/11 8:48:38PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by KungFuMaster

It's exactly what everyone's thinking. If there is one fighter on the card most likely to fail the drug test, it's Diaz, and we all know it. haha

That is profiling.

And yes, thank god Diaz tested negative. UFC 137 dodged a bullet there.
tcunningham
10/27/11 10:13:22PM
is weed part of those abusive drugs or whatever. its 2011, i hope its not, that would be a bad joke IMO. either way im glad he passed. im sure dana is too, this card could not have survived with another loss on the card. its borderline PPV already. im just not into seeing diaz in the ufc.
bjj1605
10/28/11 12:45:54AM

Posted by tcunningham

is weed part of those abusive drugs or whatever. its 2011, i hope its not, that would be a bad joke IMO. either way im glad he passed. im sure dana is too, this card could not have survived with another loss on the card. its borderline PPV already. im just not into seeing diaz in the ufc.

Yes. Marijuana is a banned substance.
Kpro
10/28/11 5:57:21AM
What happened to the good old days when horse urine was submitted as a sample
BeeR
10/28/11 6:36:47AM
ask thiago silva about that
Manak
10/28/11 12:28:49PM

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by tcunningham

bad joke?? isn't classified as a pain killer, seeing as doctors prescribe to those dealing with pain (ie cancer patients). if so then it should defiantly be banned for athletes seeing as it would increased their threshold for pain... just because it is 2011 doesn't make coo
Cooler
10/28/11 1:21:41PM

Posted by prophecy033

I think I speak for everyone when I say "thank god"

What if some of us dont have an imaginary friend?

I will thank Nick himself for the discipline, it was in fact Nick who made the decision
Cooler
10/28/11 1:25:21PM

Posted by Manak

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by tcunningham

bad joke?? isn't classified as a pain killer, seeing as doctors prescribe to those dealing with pain (ie cancer patients). if so then it should defiantly be banned for athletes seeing as it would increased their threshold for pain... just because it is 2011 doesn't make coo

I've gotten stoned before I broke my leg snowboarding and it did nothing for pain let me assure you, and any other time I may have bumped my head or stubbed my toe, never dulled pain what so ever.

For someone to say marijuana is painkiller for everyone under the sun is really generalizing. Yes for cancer patients, gloucoma suferers and insomniacs it eases stress and pain but for the average joe does it stop actually pain? hell no, it gets rid of headaches at best.
bjj1605
10/28/11 3:20:48PM

Posted by Cooler

I've gotten stoned before I broke my leg snowboarding and it did nothing for pain let me assure you, and any other time I may have bumped my head or stubbed my toe, never dulled pain what so ever.

For someone to say marijuana is painkiller for everyone under the sun is really generalizing. Yes for cancer patients, gloucoma suferers and insomniacs it eases stress and pain but for the average joe does it stop actually pain? hell no, it gets rid of headaches at best.

Man...there are so many problems with what you just said.

1st of all: The fact that being high didn't completely erase the pain from a BROKEN LEG has nothing to do with whether or not its a painkiller. Take an advil and then punch yourself in the nuts. Still hurts right?

2nd: "never dulled the pain what so ever." Really? You know that for a fact? How can you know how bad it would have hurt if you hadn't been high? I challenge you. Bang your head on a table as hard as you can. Then pick a pain level between 1 and 10. Now get high and repeat self abuse. Rate your new pain level.

3rd: While it is true that drugs do not affect everyone in exactly the same way or to the same degree, the effect they have on our bodies is constant, measurable, and 'generalizable.' There might be some people who don't experience noticible pain reductions while on marijuana, but for the majority of the population (which is how statistical studies are done) it is a pain killer.

4th: If it gets rid of headaches...doesn't that make it a painkiller? Lol

Conclusion: Marijuana should be banned substance in MMA.

PS. Asking you to punch yourself in the balls and bang your head on a table was a joke. I do not condone self mutilation. Though I suppose you do deserve some punishment for your illogical post.
Cooler
10/28/11 4:24:50PM

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by Cooler

Man...there are so many problems with what you just said.

1st of all: The fact that being high didn't completely erase the pain from a BROKEN LEG has nothing to do with whether or not its a painkiller. Take an advil and then punch yourself in the nuts. Still hurts right?

2nd: "never dulled the pain what so ever." Really? You know that for a fact? How can you know how bad it would have hurt if you hadn't been high? I challenge you. Bang your head on a table as hard as you can. Then pick a pain level between 1 and 10. Now get high and repeat self abuse. Rate your new pain level.

3rd: While it is true that drugs do not affect everyone in exactly the same way or to the same degree, the effect they have on our bodies is constant, measurable, and 'generalizable.' There might be some people who don't experience noticible pain reductions while on marijuana, but for the majority of the population (which is how statistical studies are done) it is a pain killer.

4th: If it gets rid of headaches...doesn't that make it a painkiller? Lol

Conclusion: Marijuana should be banned substance in MMA.

PS. Asking you to punch yourself in the balls and bang your head on a table was a joke. I do not condone self mutilation. Though I suppose you do deserve some punishment for your illogical post.

1) It's irrelevant, would getting high help me getting punched in the face if it didnt help with a broken leg and other minor bruises and scrapes?

2) Yes I have compared sober pain and high pain, no difference, why dont you try it? do i need to be your middleman for you? well theres my answer

3) And all the studies show that its not performance enhancing. the fact that its illegal is laughable in itself let alone banning it from sports when its neither a hinderance to everyone or a performance enhancer to anyone, just ask the many a fighter who smoke.

4) It depends i guess, a stress related headache yeah, a pain related headache/migrane, of corse not dont be ridiculous.

PS) again why dont you test it out for yourself
prophecy033
10/28/11 4:56:04PM
I'm just going off my own experience here but I've stubbed my pinky toe some many times its not funny. So bad in fact that the nail on both grow separate. Meaning that the edge of both grow departed then the main nail. One was when I was stone cold sober and the other I was blazed outta my mind. Both hurt just as bad, like a mofo. I will say one thing tho, if I wasn't baked I probably wouldn't have done it the second time. My pinky toes are in bad shape
Sir_Karl
10/28/11 5:04:06PM
Call Guinness Book.
bjj1605
10/28/11 8:44:47PM

Posted by Cooler

the fact that its illegal is laughable in itself let alone banning it from sports when its neither a hinderance to everyone or a performance enhancer to anyone

I'm not saying it should be illegal. Thats not our conversation.

I'm not saying it enhances performance like, say, steroids.

The fact it is it affects your body. There are many legal drugs that you can't use before a fight.